Sorta OT: Thankgiving Weekend Range Trip

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Sorta OT: Thankgiving Weekend Range Trip

Post by C. Cash »

Went back home to Arizona to see my family for Thanksgiving. I had a pretty good trip and got some shooting in the day after Thanksgiving. Went up to see my Dad and we headed off to his shooting grounds East of Flagstaff. He and my brother had their Single Sixes and I had the Super Blackhawk. Also present were a Smith and Wesson Mod. 10 "Victory" model pistol in 38 Short as well as my Dad's Early Christmas present to me...a like new Ruger Mod. 1 in 22-250. :mrgreen: We had a great time and I thought I would share the photos.
The range right off Hwy 40
The Weather:
Me and my ubiquitous Super Blackhawk, firing off some Federal 44 Special(with Erkel highwaters :oops: )
My Dad with my brother's Smith in 38 Short Colt.
Me shooting Single Six 22 Mag. (I had just given it to my brother in trade for his US Arms Abilene in 44 Mag.)
Brother Martin shooting Single Six 22 Mag.
Me shooting new Ruger No. 1 in 22-250
Me, My Dad, oldest brother Martin and half brother Brock(the photographer)
The ride back to Flag
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Sorta OT: Thankgiving Weekend Range Trip

Post by AJMD429 »

Cool. Always fun to get outside with family and friends, and nothing like target shooting to get a little friendly competitive fun for all ages.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Thanks for the pics. Glad you got some range time with your family.
Old Law Dawg
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Thanks guys! It was sure special to get to spend time with my Dad and family. My oldest brother pictured here was in a terrible motorcycle accident when he was younger and we should have lost him, so very thankful to be shooting with him as well. The Lord has been very kind!

Here are a couple of photos which illustrate how the Dragoon shape of the SBH "rolls up" during recoil. I like the feel until you get into the hot loads...always feel like I'm gonna lose a tooth with those!
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8