Winchester 94AE with broken ejector..

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
timdowling
Levergunner

Winchester 94AE with broken ejector..

Post by timdowling »

Hello everyone,

I live in the UK and have a Winchester 94AE in 357. The ejector has broken and the related spring has gone and disappeared. I have approached several gun shops, even Bisley the UK shooting center and they have all given me the same story. You're in trouble mate, no spares available.

As a by the way, the finger lever has a leaf spring attached by a single screw. It is not in the exploded diagram and I cannot see it in the excellent disassembly instructions from castbullet.com. My rifle is serial #6281041 and I am wondering if it is a later mod ? Any ideas as to its function?

Hopefully I can be put in contact with someone on this planet who can help.

Many Thanks
Tim.
Hobie

Re: Winchester 94AE with broken ejector..

Post by Hobie »

gunpartscorp.com
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I just checked Numrich Arms and they are sold out of the part you need.

I'd try Hobie' suggestion of gunpartscorp.com

And welcome to the forum. :D What part of the UK is home?
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

timdowling wrote:Hello everyone,

I live in the UK and have a Winchester 94AE in 357. The ejector has broken and the related spring has gone and disappeared. I have approached several gun shops, even Bisley the UK shooting center and they have all given me the same story. You're in trouble mate, no spares available.

As a by the way, the finger lever has a leaf spring attached by a single screw. It is not in the exploded diagram and I cannot see it in the excellent disassembly instructions from castbullet.com. My rifle is serial #6281041 and I am wondering if it is a later mod ? Any ideas as to its function?

Hopefully I can be put in contact with someone on this planet who can help.

Many Thanks
Tim.
Tim,

Welcome to the forum.

OK, contact:

U.S. Repeating Arms Winchester Service Department
3005 Arnold Tenbrook RD
Arnold, Missouri 63010-9406
1-800-322-4626

I think this is the correct number. They should be able to help with the part you need. Or guide you to the correct phone number. I've had it, but can't find it now.

Then I have read that the extractor on the .357s has a interference problem with the rear of the left cartridge guide. Several people have mentioned that when they beveled the rear of the guide the extractor breakage ended.

That little spring is to help with the smaller rim of the .357. It's one of several different parts used to make the 94s work with a much smaller rim diameter than it was designed for.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Here's a link provided by Winchester for obsolete parts.

http://www.winchesterguns.com/customers ... -parts.asp
ED
Yer never too old
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

Numrich IS Gunparts, Inc
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
meanc
Levergunner 3.0

Post by meanc »

Actually you can try Browning in Utah, they are handling all parts for the Win94.

The leaf spring on the lever is called the cartridge block. It is unique to only the 357mag levers.

I would actually get a few spares while you're ordering.
...and I don't think he even knows it...Walks around with a half-assed grin...If he feels fear, he don't show it. Just rides into hell and back again.
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

I just got one about a month ago, I mailed an order form to:

Browning
3005 Arnold Tenbrook Rd
Arnold, MO 63010-4728

(800) 322-4626 ext 2863 fax (800) 817-4755

but it looks like they were shipped from:

Browning
One Browning Place
Morgan, UT 84050

(801) 876-2711 fax (801) 876-3331

There's also a Canadian address:

Browning Canada Spts. Ltd
5583 Chemin St. Francois
St. Laurent, CANADA H4S1W6

there's also an internet link with a full catalog and printable order form:

http://www.winchesterguns.com/customers ... /parts.asp

from my invoice, here's the part numbers you need:

U341850310 - 94 Ejector 357 Magn $5.25

U346401830 - 94 Ejector spring 357/45 $1.50

Good luck!
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
timdowling
Levergunner

Post by timdowling »

Many thanks for the help regarding spares for my Winchester 94AE. I have contacted Browning on ext 2863 and they have the parts required. Will order an ejector, ejector spring and cartridge block ( thanks to Joe for naming this leaf spring as it is badly worn). In fact am ordering two of each.

My local gunshop was going to CNC the parts !! Will inform him of spares.

Well done chaps.
Tim - England - Surrey
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

meanc wrote:Actually you can try Browning in Utah, they are handling all parts for the Win94.

The leaf spring on the lever is called the cartridge block. It is unique to only the 357mag levers.

Does this spring replace the function of the #9 carrier spring?

When I had my 94 AE 357 apart, I couldn't see any carrier spring, and the carrier works fine. It seems to touch that cartridge block spring on the lever once it's all reassembled. It does have some spring to it when it's racked out all the way.

I thought maybe the #9 had broken and fallen out, but it works fine.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Cast Bullet Hunter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Cast Bullet Hunter »

game keeper wrote:I just checked Numrich Arms and they are sold out of the part you need.

Gamekeeper,

You apparently don't know this, but Numrich and Gun Parts Corp. are the same company. Add E-Gunparts too.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

timdowling,

I'm glad I could be of help and glad you got the parts coming.

El Chivo wrote:
meanc wrote:Actually you can try Browning in Utah, they are handling all parts for the Win94.

Does this spring replace the function of the #9 carrier spring?

When I had my 94 AE 357 apart, I couldn't see any carrier spring, and the carrier works fine. It seems to touch that cartridge block spring on the lever once it's all reassembled. It does have some spring to it when it's racked out all the way.

I thought maybe the #9 had broken and fallen out, but it works fine.
El Chivo,
No the cartridge block is a separate part attached to the lever. The carrier spring is tucked under the left cartridge guide in a recess. If the carrier spring is missing or broken the carrier will not stay up. The moment you pull the lever back to chamber a round the carrier will fall and you'll have a nice little jam.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Cast Bullet Hunter wrote:
game keeper wrote:I just checked Numrich Arms and they are sold out of the part you need.

Gamekeeper,

You apparently don't know this, but Numrich and Gun Parts Corp. are the same company. Add E-Gunparts too.
Yup my mistake! :oops: I have dealt with Numrich a few times and never noticed thay also went by "Gun Parts Corp" :oops: :roll:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.