Old deer hunting picture

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Marc
Levergunner 3.0

Old deer hunting picture

Post by Marc »

This is a picture from the late '40's or early 50's of my friend's father and his hunting partners. They hunted a lot in Utah so this was probably taken in Utah. There are a couple Winchester 94's and what looks like a Remington self loader. The other rifle is a bolt gun that has a hollow bolt knob so it is probably a Model 70. My friend passed away two years ago. I lost these pictures and just stumbled on them.

Thought you all may find this one interesting too. This is my friend's father at lower far right and his men on Iwo Jima. He was a Marine but I don't know what he did.
My "HB" (Hunting Buddy) She's a good cook too!
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Old deer hunting picture

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Cool old pictures! :D
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Chuck 100 yd wrote:Cool old pictures! :D
+1
Old Law Dawg
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Neat old pics Marc. The '94's are definitly pre-1953 as they have the long forends.

I wonder how the boys on Iwo Jima managed smiles, with all the carnage they must have witnessed. The guy on the upper left--sitting next to the guy with no shirt on--looks about 16 or 17.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD