Anschutz ML-22 info please

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Renegade Master
Levergunner

Anschutz ML-22 info please

Post by Renegade Master »

Hi guys

Picked up a new rifle yesterday, an Anschutz ML-22. Having now done some research, this appears to be the same as a Browning BL-22, and also manufactured by a company called Miroku. :?: My model appears to a BL-22 grade 2.

What I'm trying to work out, is if it's made by Browning and just stamped Anschutz, or weather it's licensed by Browning and made by Anschutz? The barrel is stamped Anschutz, under which is stamped made in Japan. I'm thinking if it's made by Anschutz it may be better quality than a Browning?

Anybody have any ideas or information?

Cheers

Dan
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Anschutz ML-22 info please

Post by Pete44ru »

It's a Miroku - the same model that Miroku makes, and Browning markets as, the BL-22 Grade II.

Miroku evidently has done the same thing for Annie that it's done for Browning - stamped a Miroku-made gun accordingly.

All Browning's leverguns were made in Japan, by Miroku, with the exception of a very few ealry US-made BLR's and some later Belgian BLR's before BLR production shifted to Miroku.

Renegade Master
Levergunner

Re: Anschutz ML-22 info please

Post by Renegade Master »

Thanks for the info Pete. :)