OT -- for all you hunters out there

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
new pig hunter
Senior Levergunner

OT -- for all you hunters out there

Post by new pig hunter »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQyEnK3HNFA

Drinkin' Beer And Wastin' Bullets

Out in the sticks with the squirrels and the ticks
And my 30-06, I'm runnin' out of Miller Lite
Truck's in park, the dog won't bark
Couple hours till dark
Wishin' one would walk by
Might as well left my gun in the gun rack
Been here all day
All I killed's a twelve pack

Chorus
Sittin' here waitin' on a deer, drinkin' beer and wastin' bullets
Aimin' at the empties, missin' hittin' pine trees
It ain't my fault them cans keep movin'
My baby's on the phone sayin' baby come home
Where you been and
What you've been doin'
We'll I've been, sittin' here, waitin' on a deer
Drinkin' beer and wastin' bullets

The only deer I've seen's been John Deere green
And that don't mean, that I got a raw deal
'Cause ain't no boss callin' me hoss
Tickin' me off on the edge of this cornfield
on my second box of Winchester hundred grains
Ain't seen a big buck but it's been a good day

Chorus(x2)

Sittin' here, waitin' on a deer,
Drinkin' beer and wastin' bullets
Mac in Mo
Levergunner 3.0

Re: OT -- for all you hunters out there

Post by Mac in Mo »

Personally, I don't drink when hunting or shooting. I save it for around the fire in the evening. Never heard this song until now. Don't care for the message it sends out. To many people already think that is what hunting is, drunken idiots shooting up the woods. I may sound like some old stick in the mud, but I don't care. I don't like that song at all. I love country music but prefer the old classics. I don't usually get on a soapbox, but that just hit me the wrong way. My opinion, for what it's worth.

Kevin
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

I have been a hunter since I was old enough to pump up my Crossman air rifle. That song is not, nor will it ever be the sort of thing I would want people to associate with me, or hunting. Like Mac said, too many people already think of all hunters in that dim light.
NRA Life Member
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

I too, would never drink and shoot or hunt, except at the end of the day after all is put away. this verse does ethical hunters no good. I cant even strike a smile over it as I hold the honor of hunting, and the honor of the game i pursue to high. sorry. :cry:
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

his hunting technique leaves something to be desired, no wonder he doesn't see any deer
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Mac in Mo wrote:Personally, I don't drink when hunting or shooting. I save it for around the fire in the evening. Never heard this song until now. Don't care for the message it sends out. To many people already think that is what hunting is, drunken idiots shooting up the woods. I may sound like some old stick in the mud, but I don't care. I don't like that song at all. I love country music but prefer the old classics. I don't usually get on a soapbox, but that just hit me the wrong way. My opinion, for what it's worth. Kevin
Yep. Although there sometimes IS humor for 'insiders' we'd not like out for public consumption - like the morbid jokes ambulance drivers tell, or that sort of thing. Anyway, alcohol for sure is NOT for consumption prior to shooting or using power tools, or driving vehicles...!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "