high volume gun sells.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

high volume gun sells.

Post by rossim92 »

My son just bought an ak47. The shop he bought it from were sold out of all the "assault" weapons. He had to wait a week for his to come in. Went to walmart this morning , over half 0f the gun racks were empty also. (that could be from christmas sales too). Another gunshop forty miles from us sold 45 ar15's in one day! Yep you read it right , 45 of them. :|
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Re: high volume gun sells.

Post by FWiedner »

It's a great country.

That Obama sure is spreadin' the wealth.

:mrgreen:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Marvin S
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Marvin S »

Hmmmmmm. And the gun grabbers think these people are just going to turn them in. I to watched the panic sales last gun show but all I bought was some 38 WCF cases. My only regret of not hoarding was 7.62 NATO ammo.
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

and the other retail sectors had a bad Christmas. All the money went for guns.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Marvin S wrote:Hmmmmmm. And the gun grabbers think these people are just going to turn them in. I to watched the panic sales last gun show but all I bought was some 38 WCF cases. My only regret of not hoarding was 7.62 NATO ammo.
Cabela's had lots of Remington .308, 150gr fmj for a non-gouge price...that WAS last week, though. That will hold me until I start loading....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Post by alnitak »

The Washington Post reported today that Midway sold 3 1/2 years worth of AR-15 30-rnd mags in one day (Thursday or Friday). Coverage of the Nation's Capital Gun Show (going on this weekend) was on FOX yesterday. The line went around the block two hours before the show opened! Pmags are going for $60+, stripped lowers for $400-$600. Most vendors had no EBRs for sale. Those that did wanted $2200 and up for a run of the mill AR.

Wish I hadn't shot all of my ammo ... 5.56/.223 rounds are going for a dollar apiece.
"From birth 'til death...we travel between the eternities." -- Print Ritter in Broken Trail
GregT
Levergunner 2.0

Post by GregT »

At the start of the last panic buying, I bought all the empty 7.62x51, 7.62x39, .45 ACP, .380 ACP, .30-06, .30 Carbine, etc(many times) cases as I could, both Boxer and Berdan primed. I have loaded Berdan empties for many years and loaded up on 'a lot' of those primers as well as Boxer. I have a good stock of empty brass now in well over 25 calibers and also have the ability to cast lead slugs that I might need. Also have a good stock of powder to last for the years I have left on this planet. I'm not one of those "preppers" and actually think that is a bit extreme. I just did not want to be inconvenienced when these idiots came to power.
There are way too many AR-15's and other styles of this rifle that are in circulation now than could ever be picked up. If that was tried, the politician would become hunted to extinction.
So I will reload what I need and not worry about how much ammo Walmart has left.
Don't tell them that the assault rifle ban is meaningless. Those who want them, by now have them or they could not have wanted them too badly.
We good guys will watch as convicted felons continue to kill people on a massive scale, ignoring the laws.
If your state permits CCW and you don't have a CCW license, what are you waiting for?
Let's continue to enjoy the firearms we have and try not to get too depressed over what is going on politically. Keep your little prijects going and report when you can on what you are doing!
GregT
"Underneath our starry flag, civilize 'em with a Krag"

War in the Phillipines, 1900.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I hate to say it this way but .......

Our Gunbroker sales have gone up about 30-50% since the shooting . And not just AR stuff but everything .

We had some AR parts that had been on GB for around a year or so sold within the first week of the shooting .

People are buying anything gun related right now , not just assualt weapon type stuff .

How I wish I had bought 10-20 of the cheap AR's before all this happened . I would most certainly let them all go while the other folks run rampant .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

There's a friend of a friend that lives in Montana I heard about this summer . He anticipated all this and bought ONE HUNDRED AR15's . Well actually he bought that many lowers and built them himself . Also outfitted them with the normal urban stuff any wigger would want and set them aside in his gun locker . Think he had about $600 tied up in each not counting his time putting them together .

Anyway our mutual friend told me this fellow has sold them ALL already for an average of three times what he had tied up in them .now granted he had $60,000 tied up in them but I think he turned the whole mess over for about $175,000 .

This guy is a retired cop with a side buisness on home protection . Anyway he had some capitol to play with and I would say he got a decent tax free return .
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Yep, everybody'll be in the tall cotton - unless/until Sen. Feinstein's bill gets passed, which (besides banning 1K named specific semi-auto "assault" rifles) will make any previously-owned firearms (i.e., grandfathered) covered by her bill an NFA firearm, requiring the mandatory ($200 tax) registration with da Feds.

(Check it out, either on her website, or on the NRA's)

alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Post by alnitak »

Pete44ru wrote:Yep, everybody'll be in the tall cotton - unless/until Sen. Feinstein's bill gets passed, which (besides banning 1K named specific semi-auto "assault" rifles) will make any previously-owned firearms (i.e., grandfathered) covered by her bill an NFA firearm, requiring the mandatory ($200 tax) registration with da Feds.
While DF's AWB may pass, I think it far more likely that only small changes will happen, like no private sales and a 10-round limit. If DF's stupid bill does pass, I expect there will be a big fight on the NFA piece, and compromise will have to take place.
"From birth 'til death...we travel between the eternities." -- Print Ritter in Broken Trail
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Not to get political about this... but NOW is the time to WRITE YOUR CONGRESSMAN AND SENATOR. Here's a link to get ya started easy like: NRA-ILA Write Your Representative. Don't be complacent thinking that others will do this for you. The NRA does make this very easy, I very clearly stated that if this passes, I WILL be voting for a new representative in upcoming elections.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Pete left it over in politics and I wrote in.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

6pt-sika wrote:There's a friend of a friend that lives in Montana I heard about this summer . He anticipated all this and bought ONE HUNDRED AR15's . Well actually he bought that many lowers and built them himself . Also outfitted them with the normal urban stuff any wigger would want and set them aside in his gun locker . Think he had about $600 tied up in each not counting his time putting them together .

Anyway our mutual friend told me this fellow has sold them ALL already for an average of three times what he had tied up in them .now granted he had $60,000 tied up in them but I think he turned the whole mess over for about $175,000 .

This guy is a retired cop with a side buisness on home protection . Anyway he had some capitol to play with and I would say he got a decent tax free return .
Not trying to get anyone in 'trouble', but I've always wondered, wouldn't doing that be something the alpha-goons would say is "engaging in the business" and require an FFL...???

I wouldn't have had the $60k to invest anyway, but if I did, I'd have done the same thing...!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

AJMD429 wrote:
6pt-sika wrote:There's a friend of a friend that lives in Montana I heard about this summer . He anticipated all this and bought ONE HUNDRED AR15's . Well actually he bought that many lowers and built them himself . Also outfitted them with the normal urban stuff any wigger would want and set them aside in his gun locker . Think he had about $600 tied up in each not counting his time putting them together .

Not trying to get anyone in 'trouble', but I've always wondered, wouldn't doing that be something the alpha-goons would say is "engaging in the business" and require an FFL...???

I wouldn't have had the $60k to invest anyway, but if I did, I'd have done the same thing...!
I'm pretty sure he sold the majority of them thru the internet requiring the buyer to have them shipped to an FFL and of course do the proper paperwork . And the ones he did in his town I think he ran thru a local dealer .
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Sometime I do, give me a jingle next time you fell the tickle.