Anybody hear from Terry Murbach ??

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Anybody hear from Terry Murbach ??

Post by Rusty »

I haven't seen him post lately.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Anybody hear from Terry Murbach ??

Post by Pitchy »

Terry, maybe your the one that called me a old grey bearded old gezzer :lol: :P

I have talked to Terry and he`s doing fine. :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
SJPrice
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SJPrice »

I SURE DO MISS HIS WISDOM
Always Drink Upstream From The Herd
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

I heard his caps lock key was in the shop for repairs.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I've heard from him via email within the last couple weeks......
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

He's posting on at least 2 of the other gun-related boards I surf/lurk.

Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Well I hope he knows we miss him. :(

hayabusa
Levergunner 2.0

Post by hayabusa »

I also miss his insight & comments.

hayabusa
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

WE ARE FINE. CURRENTLY BURNING UP 800+ ROUNDS A WEEK EVERY WEEK IN NUMEROUS SIXGUNS AND HAVING FUN.
I PURPOSELY LEFT THIS SITE AS I DID NOT LIKE WHAT IT WAS TURNING INTO WITH A NEW INVASION OF LAZY-I-WANNA-BE-ENTERTAINED-AND KNOW NOTHING MEMBERS. IN ADDITION TO THAT YOU OPENED UP THE SUBJECT MATTER TO WHERE LEVERGUNS ARE BARELY TALKED ABOUT AND EVERY idiot SUBJECT IN THE WORLD IS NO LONGER "OT".
I MISS TALKING TO SOME OF THE OLD TIMERS HERE BUT IT IS NOT WORTH LOOKING THROUGH ALL THE SILLYNESS TO GET TO THEM.
TIME TO GO SHOOTING, TODAY.
RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND SPEAK THE TRUTH
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Terry Murbach wrote:WE ARE FINE. CURRENTLY BURNING UP 800+ ROUNDS A WEEK EVERY WEEK IN NUMEROUS SIXGUNS AND HAVING FUN.
I PURPOSELY LEFT THIS SITE AS I DID NOT LIKE WHAT IT WAS TURNING INTO WITH A NEW INVASION OF LAZY-I-WANNA-BE-ENTERTAINED-AND KNOW NOTHING MEMBERS. IN ADDITION TO THAT YOU OPENED UP THE SUBJECT MATTER TO WHERE LEVERGUNS ARE BARELY TALKED ABOUT AND EVERY idiot SUBJECT IN THE WORLD IS NO LONGER "OT".
I MISS TALKING TO SOME OF THE OLD TIMERS HERE BUT IT IS NOT WORTH LOOKING THROUGH ALL THE SILLYNESS TO GET TO THEM.
:D

I've noticed some levergun questions are practically ignored or get very little constructive input :(
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
arjunky
Levergunner 3.0

Post by arjunky »

Still nice to see you around once in awhile Terry. :D
Byron
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Terry Murbach wrote:WE ARE FINE. CURRENTLY BURNING UP 800+ ROUNDS A WEEK EVERY WEEK IN NUMEROUS SIXGUNS AND HAVING FUN.
Ain`t that something :lol:
Edit to be sure I`m clear about my opinion about someone coming on the board and calling just about everyone an idiot.
I think you should not come here Terry then you wouldn`t have to partake company with us idiots. :roll:
Take care Terry but enough is enough. :(
Last edited by Pitchy on Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

WOW, HE COULDN'T JUST CHECK IN/SAY HELLO WITHOUT TRYING TO INSULT AS MANY MEMBERS AS POSSIBLE IN ONE POST...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

:idea: :idea: -- I had been thinking myself , next time I get to an outdoor range, I need to make it a levergun and revolver only day . Been stuck playing around with semi-autos at indoor ranges for a while due to the weather
------ I also asked myself "When is the last time I posted anything in a leverguns related thread?

Like the Wolf chili commercial said --- "well neighbor, that's too long "
----- Doug
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Streetstar wrote::idea: :idea: -- I had been thinking myself , next time I get to an outdoor range, I need to make it a levergun and revolver only day . Been stuck playing around with semi-autos at indoor ranges for a while due to the weather
------ I also asked myself "When is the last time I posted anything in a leverguns related thread?

Hey! We haven't had a Chili thread in a long time....Black beans, no tomato.... 8)

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Terry,

Hope you are doing well.
However my good man you need to remove your "speak the truth" adage at the bottom of your posts cause friend you are speaking horse manure.
Where do you get using lazy and know nothing members ?? The want to be entertained, sure don't we all. using the phrase "know nothing" is really an odd way to describe members that were supposed to be your friends. I find that odd and think there might be some emotional issues that need looking into to. I pray you do.

I have "never" seen this site discourage the discussion of leverguns. I suppose then discussing shooting a .45 Colt revolver at a cowboy shoot is a no no too by your remarks.

I see you still belong on this site. Or you would truly be gone. I bet you still check out the stuff too.
Heck you should cause brother you sure ain;t god and don't have all the answers.

Actually whether it is discussions about cars,guns,jobs,ammo,homes,family I find that this site has evolved into more than just a levergun website. I find that pleasant and I have learned a lot from members on here. I also have learned stuff from you too Terry.

But, if that is really how you feel about members on here then brother it is time you go with the wind cause like we always said in football "don't need that a## scratch stinking up the place"

Just speaking the truth pard, and don't shoot your finger off my dear old Shootist! :wink:
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

BlaineG wrote:
Streetstar wrote::idea: :idea: -- I had been thinking myself , next time I get to an outdoor range, I need to make it a levergun and revolver only day . Been stuck playing around with semi-autos at indoor ranges for a while due to the weather

Hey! We haven't had a Chili thread in a long time....Black beans, no tomato.... 8)
THERE ARE NO BEANS IN CHILE CON CARNE :D
(unless you're one of "them') :lol:
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

LET US ALL TAKE A MOMENT TO BOW TO TERRY MURBACH!
WELL MAYBE NOT BOW TOWARD HIM BUT BOW AWAY AND SHOW HIM OUR BACKSIDE!

HERE IS TO YOU TERRY. ( l )

Sorry for the post Hobbie but considering the insult, I feel it is well merited!
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Come on You Guys, it's just Terry doing what He does best, stirring the soup and getting all the Indians ready to go to War....this has happened here for the last four or five years. I have worked with several Gents just like Terry and once one gets past the rough exterior they smooth out a bit.
So without further delay I raise My Glass of Whiskey and wish Terry a Happy New Year. :lol: :lol: .
You stinking old Geezer. :shock: :shock: 8) .
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

Spoken like true CURMUDGEON ! Someday I only hope to be that curmudgeony! :mrgreen: Stop by more often Terry , but next time don't hold back , tell us how you really feel. :D
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

madman4570 wrote: Actually whether it is discussions about cars,guns,jobs,ammo,homes,family I find that this site has evolved into more than just a levergun website. I find that pleasant...

And there you go. Some people see that as a good thing, some don't.
Slow is just slow.
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

Good ol' Terry. What a peach of a guy.

Let's all sit around and make endless excuses for him. He doesn't mean it. He really is a nice guy once you wade through all the stuff. His head is just bursting with so much knowledge and experience that he can't help being all curmudgeny like.

Yea, whatever. The man is a waste of bandwidth.

Cat
Mac in Mo
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mac in Mo »

I had to re-check the brown box at the top of the page. Yup, it's still there. Still says the same thing as always.

Kevin
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Well Terry, glad you're doin OK in this winter weather.

madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

cas wrote:
madman4570 wrote: Actually whether it is discussions about cars,guns,jobs,ammo,homes,family I find that this site has evolved into more than just a levergun website. I find that pleasant...

And there you go. Some people see that as a good thing, some don't.
yep, you are right.

Let's look at what I think the facts on here would indicate
1) This site is special and the members are a special group of people that seem to overall be of a higher standard of normal forum places.

2) Other than relatives and other close friends, this place with most its members I feel really have the best interest looking out for its members and also most members are extremely knowledgeable people on many different facets of life.

3)Least to myself this site being as such is extremely interesting and goes way above just guns.

4)I think if Paco and Hobie wanted to take a poll, just Leverguns or everything being that which is deemed acceptable by them you would find overwhelmingly the vote would be for "everything deemed acceptable by their standards"

5) people do have choices you either accept that or go elsewhere.

6)Look on how many different facets this forum has helped people and many not having nothing to do with leverguns.

7)If it went just guns, I will not cry like a baby and run away I just will not be on here 1/10th as much.
In fact the wife with that might be pleased, but I would not!

If the way Terry wrote that you do not find that "just bad" don't know what else to say. Not wanting to start a fight but want to keep it real!

Regards! :wink:
Last edited by madman4570 on Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Well folks ya'll finally got your visit from Terry, sure hope it holds ya for a while.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Terry is not wrong.
It's still a great site but it has less of the old guard who began it. The knowledge base on the subject which is its namesake is shallow compared to before. The knowledge base has changed.
Some the responses to Terry prove his point.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Pitchy wrote:
Ain`t that something :lol:
Edit to be sure I`m clear about my opinion about someone coming on the board and calling just about everyone an idiot.
I think you should not come here Terry then you wouldn`t have to partake company with us idiots. :roll:
Take care Terry but enough is enough. :(
Not everyone.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Ok that`s enough for me I`ve had enough of this on going BS, I got enough stress in my life to last forever I don`t need more.
Take care fellars but I`m taking a break for a while.
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
hayabusa
Levergunner 2.0

Post by hayabusa »

hayabusa wrote:I also miss his insight & comments.

hayabusa
Not quite the insight & comments I was looking forward to. Not that it matters.
hayabusa
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Pitchy . Where ya goin? Shootin with Terry??

Yes, this forum has changed. Just how many times can one read about why the .30-30 is inferior to .32 Special or do bullets hit harder if they...... Dumb questions are not dumb if you truly don`t know
but if it is just to get an argument started that is another thing.

Still, I hope this board don`t just turn into another Face Book. I ,for one, think OT should come back or possibly have another forum for it "the Lounge" and one for "shooting related topics". I know it would just end up being a mess to control. I guess,just leave it alone and let it evolve as it will.
jazman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jazman »

Tycer wrote:Terry is not wrong.
It's still a great site but it has less of the old guard who began it. The knowledge base on the subject which is its namesake is shallow compared to before. The knowledge base has changed.
Some the responses to Terry prove his point.
This is just what I was thinking. I agree with Tycer.
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly"
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

YEEHHAA! Great to hear from you sir. :lol:
Illegitimus Non Carborundum
Akā, ʻo ka poʻe hilinaʻi aku iā Iēhova, e ulu hou nō ko lākou ikaika;
E piʻi ʻēheu aku nō lākou i luna, e like me nā ʻaito;
E holo nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e māloʻeloʻe,
E hele mua nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e maʻule.
`Isaia 40:31
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Some of us knew exactly what he was going to say.... :lol: :lol:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Tycer wrote:Terry is not wrong.
No Sir, he is not.

vancelw wrote:THERE ARE NO BEANS IN CHILE CON CARNE :D
(unless you're one of "them') :lol:
Thank You.

This is an important point on the subject.

:wink:
Ok that`s enough for me I`ve had enough of this on going BS, I got enough stress in my life to last forever I don`t need more.
LOL
Last edited by FWiedner on Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

It is Paco's site. He said we discuss most anything here politely. Someone wants different rules they should start their own site. Hain't so?
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

Personally I'm tired of seeing the SAME EXACT TOPICS on every forum I frequent. (often posted by the same exact people) For that reason I enjoy the handful of forums that stay "on topic".

I liken it to Handloader Magazine. For years it was a detailed magazine dedicated to handloading. I gave up on all the other gun magazines and their writers that were basically all the same. And then gradually Handloader hired all those same writers, and for the most part it's just another gun magazine now. And I don't bother with it.
That's what is slowly happening here, it's turning into a carbon copy of almost every other forum out there. Used to be, most of what I got here, I could only get here. Now most of what I get here, I can and do get everywhere else.
Slow is just slow.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

When I came aboard a few years ago, I was completely wet behind the ears on leverguns -- I had just inherited my dad's 30/30 when he passed --- I appreciate the great ol 30/30, but here, I was introduced to a lot of other cartridges and rifles I also thought were cool, thus, my dollars shifted from spending it on Black rifles and loose women, to leverguns and revolvers.

This forum is also a lifestyle website as much as a leverguns site now ,-- and I think that is awesome --

-- I'm not the "real deal" like our own Don McDowell, and Big Sky Danny, or any number of others , when it comes to being an western outdoorsman - but this tribe has let some of us see lifestyles we are not normally accustomed to , -- Danny and his mountains, elk and cattle, --- Nath with his fox and bird hunts - (and Tia) , Bulldog's flyfishing, Doc AJ and his adventures around his place , -- everything comes together in a unique symphony of experiences

and yes, occasionally leverguns get talked about ------- but let me add this , the newest real development in leverguns wan Ruger came out with the 96/44 and 22 series of guns

Just about everything concerning leverguns from a technical standpoint has been said or covered --- I've only been here 4 years and I see repeats -- not that its a big deal -- and there is a lot to ponder, but I look at the website as more than being just about the guns

------- also, the reason there are more "OT" threads, is because many of us like the site so much, we have abandoned many of our other previous , internet hangouts - I don't go to a popular AR15 website much anymore, nor do I even check in much with my old mountain biking or off road motorcycling websites ----
--- this place , as some so aptly put, is like a small home encapsulated in a little black box ---

But if you looked at the traffic on a website about 6-guns that John Taffin is prominent in, you could check in there for 3 straight days and not see a new post ------ keep it about just strictly a niche market firearm and that happens -- but expand it to what we do with those firearms, and others, - plus our families, pets, and other things --- then the site blossoms into what this one is

---that's all I got
----- Doug
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Like Greta Garbo said: "Sometimes, I just vant to pee alone....."

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Post by jkbrea »

Well, I don't think I'm lazy but maybe I was a "know nothing" as far as leverguns. Most eveything I know about them I learned here. I joined here in '06 after buying an old used Mossberg .22 lever. Prior to that I've shot up tens of thousand of rounds through bolt rifles, ARs, MP5s, G3, shotguns, handguns...been to tons of tactical and instructor schools but none intrigued me like leverguns. Since joining up here I now have 7 leverguns, some bought right here. 1961 Winch 94, Winch .357 Trapper, Marlin 45-70, Marlin 336, Marlin Texan, and a Goldenboy .22. Heck, I've shot 4 elk with levers now.
My point is everyone is here for a different reason but it all focuses around our love of leverguns. Terry is way more knowledgable and into it than most. He's forgotten more about leverguns than I'll ever know. We all have our priorities. If I wasn't driving my kids to hockey tournements all over the country, I'd be more into it and have many, many more guns. The price of skates would buy two or three new guns. :shock: :lol: . A stick costs what a good used 30-30 does.....and they break all the time :roll: .
Most everything I post is a question or asking for advice. I suppose I could look it up elsewhere but I enjoy and respect the opinions here. Does that make me lazy?......maybe.
Personally I enjoy many of the off topic stuff. People with other talents, like Pitchy, amaze the heck out of me...... I' m staying. :P
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I suppose this site has been SO successful and we have all learnt SO much about leverguns we don't have too many questions to ask anymore 8) That's why we prattle on and on about all the other interestin' stuff...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

MR MURBACH YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS GOOD FOR A SMILE.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Ravenman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Ravenman »

Pitchy wrote:Ok that`s enough for me I`ve had enough of this on going BS, I got enough stress in my life to last forever I don`t need more.
Pitchy - don't worry and don't do that - stay with us (us stupid unknowing nerds :wink: ). Forum members as you bring color into the grey landscape. There are so many great people out there. People who tell about their experience, their trouble and their success. People who live the spirit of Paco and share all the little things of life with us.
SteveR
Senior Levergunner

Post by SteveR »

You said it well, can't make this up!!! LOL LOL

Steve
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Well, if this site is so many levels below the standards of the old phart, why did he respond so quickly to Pitchy's post? Seems he still reads threads (but thank God he keeps his mouth shut)...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

What a bunch to do about nothing, TERRY said "idiot SUBJECT " he never called a single one of you idiots. Uless you are a "subject", besides what were you expecting some kind of holding hands singing around the camp fire.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
MrMurphy
Senior Levergunner

Post by MrMurphy »

Didn't care for Terry or his lack of lowercase letters before.

Haven't changed my opinion.

I'm one of the 'other' guys. I don't worship at the altar of John Wayne. Currently, i don't even own a levergun (yeah, i'm working on that). I like them. I don't live on a ranch, have horses or 3,000 acres. Wouldn't mind that either, but I'm realistic.

I primarily come here because I 'do' learn things occasionally (while I know all the various Winchester models and most of the others, I don't know everything or expect to) and since I come from the other side of things (most of my shooting is military/defense related) I can pass on knowledge to some guys who don't know ARs or pistols as well. Fair trade.

It's also a pretty relaxed site unlike some of the professional forums I am on, and well moderated.

As the other guy said, there's only so much you can beat to death about leverguns. They have not seriously changed in a century. It's like having a 1911 only forum. There is only SO MUCH you can talk about one specific type of weapon.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

harry wrote:What a bunch to do about nothing, TERRY said "idiot SUBJECT " he never called a single one of you idiots. Uless you are a "subject", besides what were you expecting some kind of holding hands singing around the camp fire.

This is a joke right?

You are missing the whole point :?:

Explain the difference between a lazy only want to be entertained "know nothing" and an idiot.

The word the gentlemen referenced "idiot" above I believe was just meaning in short a LAZY "KNOW NOTHING" PERSON. :idea:

Guys, you can't make this stuff up!

Pitchy, unlike some on here I do not laugh at your high amount of stress in your life. We know this has been on going and that is enough to drain anyones reserve. Do not leave here. most members on here really really like you and I am one!
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

MrMurphy wrote:Didn't care for Terry or his lack of lowercase letters before.

Haven't changed my opinion.

I'm one of the 'other' guys. I don't worship at the altar of John Wayne. Currently, i don't even own a levergun (yeah, i'm working on that). I like them. I don't live on a ranch, have horses or 3,000 acres. Wouldn't mind that either, but I'm realistic.

I primarily come here because I 'do' learn things occasionally (while I know all the various Winchester models and most of the others, I don't know everything or expect to) and since I come from the other side of things (most of my shooting is military/defense related) I can pass on knowledge to some guys who don't know ARs or pistols as well. Fair trade.

It's also a pretty relaxed site unlike some of the professional forums I am on, and well moderated.

As the other guy said, there's only so much you can beat to death about leverguns. They have not seriously changed in a century. It's like having a 1911 only forum. There is only SO MUCH you can talk about one specific type of weapon.
Sir, between you and 7.62 Precision, I am learning a heck of a lot about these weapons and I am very thankful you guys are willing to teach some of this real in depth detailed info. Thank You! Very good info!
Last edited by madman4570 on Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

MrMurphy wrote:
Terry would really like Lightfighter.net :lol:
----- Doug
Mainehunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by Mainehunter »

After reading a few comments here maybe it's time to create a new board index that just "Leverguns Only" discussion. :?:

Mainehunter :wink: