.32 WCF revolver- Got one!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

.32 WCF revolver- Got one!

Post by vancelw »

Funny how fast this acquisition happened. :D I just started wondering and it appeared. Then it followed me home.

Shown with my Browning 53 that has not seen near enough use.
IMG_2208 cr.jpg
Has a safety feature in the cylinder pin. If you run the pin all the way in it blocks the hammer. Not sure I like that. If I can't get used to it I may replace the pin or shorten it. It kept re-applying itself as I reloaded. I may not have had it engaged in the first slot correctly.
IMG_2211 cr.jpg
IMG_2212 cr.jpg
IMG_2213 cr.jpg
This is going to be a fun little shooter. Ready to try it with some black powder. All I had loaded up was some 700 fps Unique and 115 gr lead. I just shot at a plastic jug 10 yards away. I'll have to increase the velocity of my rounds some or my front sight will be too short.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Re: .32 WCF revolver- Got one!

Post by TedH »

That's just plain cool. :D
NRA Life Member
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

This came with a .32 H&R cylinder, too. I think it is long enough I could bore it out to .327 Federal.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

Thanks that's just what I need !!! Keep us up dated on it please

ollogger
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

Well done 8)
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I agree with you. Those cylinder pin safeties drive me bonkers! :roll:
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

You might just need to tighten the cross latch. I have 3 different styles of safeties on the same number of clones. One rotates so that a pin moves into a slot in the hammer so it is "off"; the other two use two grooves in the pin... one with the "normal, safety "off" with the groove all the way around the pin, the other only has a short groove, the cylinder pin must be aligned properly to stay "off". Both the latter ones need to have the cross pin assembly very tight so it engages the groove enough to keep from being moved back.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

May seem redundant but I will post this here also.
Better check on that. Pressures for the 327 are 45,000 lbs, 32 H&R are 21,000 CUP. Is the cylinder bolt stop cut offset like the SP101 which btw has .080" between the cylinder walls?
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

Great trail gun!
Marvin S
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Marvin S »

Did I miss the make of it? Hope you have fun with it.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Old Savage wrote:May seem redundant but I will post this here also.
Better check on that. Pressures for the 327 are 45,000 lbs, 32 H&R are 21,000 CUP. Is the cylinder bolt stop cut offset like the SP101 which btw has .080" between the cylinder walls?
That's the number I was looking for. None of my books are new enough to have the .327 in it.
I imagine that .32 WCF, .32 H&R, 32 long an .32 S&W are enough to shoot out of one gun, huh? Not that I'm going to buy all that extra brass, but during a panic it's nice to have something with a variable diet.
During last year's nonsense, .327 Federal and .41 Mag were on the shelf when everything else was gone....
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Marvin S wrote:Did I miss the make of it? Hope you have fun with it.
Hmmm. I guess I did leave that off.

I lucked out and found a Cimarron ( Uberti) Model P, Jr. with .32-20 and .32 H&R cylinders.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Long ago, there was a Blackhawk convertable with 32-20, and 32 H&R.....I don't think I had money back then, or I would have got one.....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

BlaineG wrote:Long ago, there was a Blackhawk convertable with 32-20, and 32 H&R.....I don't think I had money back then, or I would have got one.....
I looked around online and couldn't find any for sale. So I was pleased to find this little Cimarron. Probably for 300 or so less money. I got to get my reloading room back in order so I can start doing some shooting.
EdinCT
Levergunner 3.0

Post by EdinCT »

I could really like one of those. Please give us a range report. My Dads double action shot much lower with the 100 gr bullet. The 115 was 4 inches high at 20 yards.
hayabusa
Levergunner 2.0

Post by hayabusa »

I have a Spanish copy of a S&W. It seems to be in good shape and tight. The bluing is in very poor shape. I have shot it once with Remington 100 grain lead RN. It worked as it should. I believe/hope it is one of the better quality copies!

hayabusa
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

You can also shoot 32 Auto, it had a slight rim.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...