The World's Largest Revolver

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
BrentD

Re: The World's Largest Revolver

Post by BrentD »

Why?
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

To hold the record for the largest firing revolver, Brent! :D

Got to admit, that's pretty darn cool, even though you'd need a shoulder holster to tote it around. :lol:
NRA Life Member
BrentD

Post by BrentD »

I guess.

But I think of all that skill and effort and how it could have been directed towards something useful.

For instance, if I had those skills, I would direct them towards designing and building a new singleshot rifle of usable proportions. Maybe I would build a lever rifle insteal but the emphasis on usable is the point.
SteveR
Senior Levergunner

Post by SteveR »

Thanks Rusty for posting!! That was awesome!

Steve
BrentD

Post by BrentD »

a friend of mine built a beautiful civil war cannon 1/3 scale think it was. It was correct to the smallest detail and he made every part right down to the wheels it rolled on. And, it was fully operational. I know he shot it at least once in a while. Actually I think I know several people who have made cannons now that I think about it. Most were really pretty simple mortars.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

BrentD wrote: a friend of mine built a beautiful civil war cannon 1/3 scale think it was. It was correct to the smallest detail and he made every part right down to the wheels it rolled on. And, it was fully operational. I know he shot it at least once in a while. Actually I think I know several people who have made cannons now that I think about it. Most were really pretty simple mortars.

I would want something on a carriage, that at least looked somewhat correct, but scaled down to fire about an inch diameter ball. Free lead is getting hard to come by! :D
NRA Life Member
H_Talon
Levergunner 2.0

Post by H_Talon »

makes my 500 smith ( BoneCollector 12" ) look like a derringer :-)

cool video, thanks !!
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Play nice kids or I am going to turn this car around and........

My friend and gun writer Tom Tabor who lives in Montana is neighbors with Kit Carsons grandson.
He (grandson) owns a mountain howitzer and enjoys lobbing fruit juice cans full of cement up onto the hill behind Tom's house. Tom said he tried for a Coyote a couple times but so far hasent connected.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16SIvVKtuks

I see value as a tool for home defense.

You know... For when THEY come...

:mrgreen:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Can I have those 10 minutes of my life back please? Nope. Spent them cleaning up after some folks who apparently do not understand the basic concept of civil discourse. If you are men, and I'm assuming you are, ACT like men and walk away. Neither of the main participants did the least bit to let it blow over. Really, don't make me do that again. Forum rules are clear:
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.
Walk away. There's no need to drag anyone else into a clash of personalities. THIS IS NOT THAT KIND OF FORUM!!! If you can't be polite - don't let the virtual door smack you where the Good Lord split you. If you can't abide by the rules - you are welGONE. Everyone is welCOME here - as long as they abide by our simple rules of conduct.

We now return you to Rusty's very interesting video and appropriate comments about it.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

BrentD wrote:Why?
Why not? It's not "practical", but it's a fascinating piece of workmanship. Plenty of people have gone the OTHER way and created amazing miniatures. To make a sixgun big enough for Goliath himself is something few if any other smiths have endeavored to accomplish. I'd rather have one of Stolzer's 2 bore double rifles, myself, but find this Polish fellow's work quite impressive.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

AmBraCol wrote:We now return you to Rusty's very interesting video and appropriate comments about it.
Thanks, Paul...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
BrentD

Post by BrentD »

AmBraCol wrote:
Why not? It's not "practical", but it's a fascinating piece of workmanship. Plenty of people have gone the OTHER way and created amazing miniatures. To make a sixgun big enough for Goliath himself is something few if any other smiths have endeavored to accomplish. I'd rather have one of Stolzer's 2 bore double rifles, myself, but find this Polish fellow's work quite impressive.

Some people climb mountains, and some people ask why? That's all I'm doing. I can't imagine why he would pick this, of all things to invest 2500 hours on, not to mention a whole bunch of money.

I wonder if that is gun-grade steel?
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Chuck 100 yd wrote:Play nice kids or I am going to turn this car around and........

My friend and gun writer Tom Tabor who lives in Montana is neighbors with Kit Carsons grandson.
He (grandson) owns a mountain howitzer and enjoys lobbing fruit juice cans full of cement up onto the hill behind Tom's house. Tom said he tried for a Coyote a couple times but so far hasent connected.

Years ago I was told of some guy who built his own howitzer. Then he proceeded to fire it out of his garage - using a croquet ball for projectile. Meanwhile, downrange, a mobile home in the middle of nowhere had a couple holes poked in it - one in and one out. They called up the sheriff who sent investigators out to see what happened. They lined up the holes in the walls with marks in the snow that showed where the projectile had landed and proceeded to head in that direction looking for a plausible source of the punctures. They followed the line right to the guy's garage. Don't recall the outcome, but believe the Polish guy showed better judgment in choosing his testing ground.
Paul - in Pereira

Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Well he does have a certificate from the Guinness people saying it is the world's largest. That in it's self would be enough for some people.

AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Rusty wrote:Well he does have a certificate from the Guinness people saying it is the world's largest. That in it's self would be enough for some people.
Bingo! A Colombian comedian holds the Guinness record for telling jokes non-stop for the longest period of time. And he broke his own record doing it. Seems like he's now done a stretch of 86 hours of joke telling.

Then there's the "Because I wanted to know if I COULD." He obviously answered THAT question! I'd like to see him shoot it over a chronograph! :lol:
Paul - in Pereira

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Maybe it's like the folks making 'AR pistols' to get around the 'no loaded rifles in vehicles' laws...

"Gee, officer, it's just a replica of a nineteenth century black-powder revolver..." :lol:
Last edited by AJMD429 on Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

He must be a pretty doggone good machinist to have made that.
To quote Durty Harriski,
"This is a 28mm magnum punk, the world largest revolver, and it'll blow you clear to Warsaw" 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

So...is 28mm somewhere between a 3 and 4 guage? Four to 5 ounce ball? That would hurt.

TedH.....make him some powdercoated wadcutters and send them to him!
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

vancelw wrote:So...is 28mm somewhere between a 3 and 4 guage? Four to 5 ounce ball? That would hurt.

28 MM is right around 1.1 inches.
3 bore is right around 1.158
4 bore is right around 1.052

So yes, it's somewhere around a 3.5 gauge. Not quite as heavy as Stolzer's 2 bore, but then the weapon itself is MUCH heavier! Notice how little recoil there was? Now he needs to build a Ransom Rest and mount it in the bed of a pickup truck. :lol:
Paul - in Pereira

TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

vancelw wrote:
I'm not giving away THAT much lead! It's getting hard to come by for free! :lol:
NRA Life Member
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

TedH wrote:
vancelw wrote:
I'm not giving away THAT much lead! It's getting hard to come by for free! :lol:
No kidding. My first thought was, "How many wheel weights do I have to pick up out of the gutter to shoot that thing one time?"
I've gotten to where I dig potholes in the road so I can go pick up the weights that fall off the cars when they bottom out. I gotta find a road with fewer new cars....stinkin' Zn and Fe weights :twisted:

I wondered about the percussion cap too...tannerite???? Just a little dab'll do ya.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Crew served.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Why do you have some of the junk you have or why do I for that matter . Since the guy didn't need to ask your permission or for any funds from you it's a moot point . Just because it doesn't intrest you certainly doesn't mean other people don't find it of intrest . I for one don't care for this type thing however I applaud those that are willing to go to the effort .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

Just think about capping that sucker :shock: Where did he find caps :? ??? ..
"IT IS MY OPINION, AND I AM CORRECT SO DON'T ARGUE, THE 99 SAVAGE IS THE FINEST RIFLE EVER MADE IN AMERICA."
WIL TERRY
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I'm thinking musket caps.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Go to legendaryspeed.com and look up miniature W32 engine..
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Probably musket caps but, if a rifle cap will fire 100 gr. of powder it will surly set off an ounce or more just as well. Surely it has a smaller than bore size chamber under the bullet to hold the powder.If cannon powder is used maybe he is placing a small priming charge in first.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

I like it ! - would be fun to keep the neighbors talkin !

"Dont go near that guy's house! - He is Craaaaazy ! "

Or hire yourself out for weddings, bar mitzvahs, jamborees -- fun stuff
----- Doug
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

I can see it all now...

Round-butt that monster; cut the barrel back to a manageable 18" or so, and build a kydex IWB shuck for it, and PRACTISE A lot..!
:D

Fwiw, I did have the knowledge and expertise, and built a levergun around full power ,454 Casull ammo... for all the good it did me or the shooting world...
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
1894c

Post by 1894c »

I'll second that... :O
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

:lol: No No No... Dudes... Don't be so literal... Use your humor imagination...The suggestion was to imagine caps the size to fit that pistol's nipples... How would one seat a cap so huge? Imagine a tin of 100..Lets have some fun wit it.
"IT IS MY OPINION, AND I AM CORRECT SO DON'T ARGUE, THE 99 SAVAGE IS THE FINEST RIFLE EVER MADE IN AMERICA."
WIL TERRY
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

BrentD wrote:a friend of mine built a beautiful civil war cannon 1/3 scale think it was. It was correct to the smallest detail and he made every part right down to the wheels it rolled on. And, it was fully operational. I know he shot it at least once in a while. Actually I think I know several people who have made cannons now that I think about it. Most were really pretty simple mortars.
Why?

I think if I had all that skill I would build a giant revolver.
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

sore shoulder wrote:
BrentD wrote:a friend of mine built a beautiful civil war cannon 1/3 scale think it was. It was correct to the smallest detail and he made every part right down to the wheels it rolled on. And, it was fully operational. I know he shot it at least once in a while. Actually I think I know several people who have made cannons now that I think about it. Most were really pretty simple mortars.
Why?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
kaschi
Levergunner 3.0

Post by kaschi »

I was expecting to see that ugly piece of stuff in front of the UN building in NYC.... Thanks for NOT showing it!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

6pt-sika wrote:
sore shoulder wrote:
Why?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
+1! ImageImage
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

YK is looking for a custom grip maker.

Who made made the scales for this guy?

:wink:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Never send a European to do an American's work when it comes to firearms. This is the most insane video I have seen in a long time. It's called "Shooting the biggest gun's money can buy". I busted out laughing half a dozen times! This makes the Dynamite Shoot in Gateway, CO look positively tame! :lol: :lol: I hope I am not hijacking the thread but it seemed consistent with the principal of the OP's post. -Tutt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCppmoZiXUY
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel