MARLIN COWBOY MODEL PRODUCTION

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Missedshot
Levergunner

MARLIN COWBOY MODEL PRODUCTION

Post by Missedshot »

I know the .44 and 45 are being or have been made this year. The wedsite also lists 357. Will it happen, and when for those in the know? This rifle and caliber combination is in high demand in cowboy action.
lazarus870
Levergunner

Re: MARLIN COWBOY MODEL PRODUCTION

Post by lazarus870 »

I just see the 1894 CB listed in .45 colt and .44 mag on their website. .357 to my knowledge is not in production yet. I think they still have to work out the kinks of the .357 model. Still, it would be nice for them to hurry the hell up and make it!
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

List price over $1k it better be ******* perfect.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Hmmmm ...

My Marlin made 1894 Cowboy 45 Colt was made in 2005. According to something I read when I was researching it, it was specially tuned by the factory for competition. When I had it apart for cleaning and inspection I found the areas that need attention to prevent the "Dreaded Marlin Jam" had indeed been worked on.

I'm wondering if Remington has addressed this or if they will be prone to the "D.M.J."?

The pics sure make them look purty though.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
sac
Levergunner

Post by sac »

I was looking for a new 45 but after reading this on the marlin forum I will pass. http://www.marlinowners.com/forum/range ... -them.html
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Oh well ......... :cry:

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
sac
Levergunner

Post by sac »

no reason to get upset Joe, just showing a person that was looking for a Remlin that a place that makes a living working on marlins won't work on the new ones because of heat treat issues. If you are only putting 50 to 100 rounds a year probably wont be a problem, but 1000 or more would.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

sac wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:55 pm no reason to get upset Joe, just showing a person that was looking for a Remlin that a place that makes a living working on marlins won't work on the new ones because of heat treat issues. If you are only putting 50 to 100 rounds a year probably wont be a problem, but 1000 or more would.
When I do shoot, I'll put more through any given gun in a single outing, than most people do in 5 years. Many times more than most people do in a lifetime. So I'm glad you posted that. Information is always good.

Joe