Remington 11R mini range report

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Remington 11R mini range report

Post by 2ndovc »

I didn't have any doubts really but you never know how well something works until you can get out and shoot. I had time on this cloudy, cold rainy day to run about 50 rounds through the Remington. It functioned just perfectly. I forgot to take a picture of the targets but there's five hanging bowling pins about 20 yards. With some Light Walmart sissy loads I was able to put a good swing on the pins. I only had a couple of 00 rounds that really knocked them around. I had to move up to about 12 yards with the Cyl. bore but pretty typical patterns for a short barreled riot gun.

Doesn't get much more fun than that. Especially for a nearly 100 year old shotgun ( if the 1918 date is right).

Gotta go clean it. :D

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Remington 11R mini range report

Post by Pete44ru »

I like it !

A great hallway (or alley) cleaner........ :mrgreen:

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

It looks like a real bootleggers gun, super cool 8) 8) 8)
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

gamekeeper wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:32 am It looks like a real bootleggers gun, super cool 8) 8) 8)
That's what I like about it. I've always been fascinated by that era. Rumor has it that my grandfather had a bit to do bootlegging at the time. He owned a warehouse with RR access that had 4" thick oak floors. Supposedly it was to store stocks of sugar to sell to "certain individuals". I remember playing there when I was a kid. There was a pistol range set up in the basement. In the 60's and 70's the local PD would practice there all the time. Lots of stories in that old building. It burnt down about 15 years ago from an electrical fire.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

After all these years I'm still amazed at the genius of John Browning. He designed guns that sure appear to be unstoppable and unable to be upgraded to a better design. ---6
Model A Uzi’s
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Agreed....... IMO, it's a shame that the current Browning A-5's are made on the Benelli inertia drive system, ILO the old JB long recoil system.