May 2017 Levergun Postal Match

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Griff
Posting leader...

May 2017 Levergun Postal Match

Post by Griff »

This thread is for posting of your pictured targets ONLY! If you want to brag on or cut someone's submission... do it in another topic... (Maybe here: Competition Shoot. You can submit either a picture or a scanned image. Must include a description or photo of your equipment & load in your submission post. See rule #7... if we don't know who you are, you can't win... May 1 - 31.

Starting this month I'm making one change... see Rule #1(a). Participation has fallen off... Maybe this'll help.

BASIC Rules: - let's keep it simple -

1. Repeating Lever-action rifle, center-fire pistol caliber ONLY (.32 to .45 cal).
(a) Repeating Lever-action Rifle, center-fire Rimmed "RIFLE" cartridge. (.25 - .45 cal. with FN bullets appropriate to tube magazines. Need not be tube magazine rifle).
2. Shot in the free standing position. (unsupported)
3. Iron sights or tang sights ONLY - no fancy stuff - scopes etc.
4. B6 target - (link to download and print a copy below).
5. 10 Shots only
6. 50 yards (ish)
7. Image of target and with name and date written on target posted for consideration, Include description of rifle & load.
8. A maximum of 4 targets submitted for each Calendar month. (For both firearms... if submitting under pistol and rifle cartridge categories - NOT 4 each - let's not over-work the judges).
9. Your highest score counts.
10. Winner posted at the beginning of the next Calendar month.
11. Open to all members of the forum as of May 1st, 2017.

Approved target:

http://www.silvercitygunclub.com/PDF/b6.pdf

Scoring: Count 10,9,8 and 7 if you hit the paper. A full cut of a line counts to the next highest value. Where there is a tie the most Xs hit in the 10 ring will be the tie- breaker!

Good luck and get out there and shooting!!!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Re: May 2017 Levergun Postal Match

Post by earlmck »

I took a grandson and a g-grandson out to do some shooting. After a fair amount of tin can blasting with various weapons we used the Rossi 357 to shoot the levergun challenge targets, so we have some results to post.

ggson Kadyn shot this one:
MayKYork8506.jpg
gson Jeremy shot this:
MayjjYork8507.jpg
and I shot this:
Mayearlmck8508.jpg
with a couple of shots of the rifle and its ammo -- 187 grain fngc with H110 for about 1700 fps
Rossi5178505.jpg
Rossi5178504.jpg
And to show that Spring has Sprung here in sunny (tho windy) Central Oregon, last week I shot this with the 30/30.
target5178511.jpg
And here are a couple of shots of this Marlin 336A and its ammo -- 117 grain Ranch Dog 32/20 bullet with Green Dot to about 1700 fps.
Marlin5178510.jpg
Marlin5178509.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I have both your grandson & Ggrandson's targets @ 78 - 1X, (Ggrandson Kadyn's shot @ 0730 looks to have cut the 8 ring). But, age & deceit wins... you beat both of them with the Rossi. And confirming your score with the .30-30.

The heck of it was... both Sixgun & I were out @ his club today, and he'd drug along an 1873 in .44WCF, but neither of us thought about bringin' along the right kind of targets... Mostly we were shootin' some clay birds at 50 & 77 meters, and a gong @ 100!

Edited to add: Rule # 7: (include description of gun and load on the target).
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Pete
Levergunner

Post by Pete »

[attachment=0]Target-1A.jpg[/attachment

Lets see if I can get this to work. Not having a lot of luck so far.

The above was shot on 5/29/2017 at the local clubs bi-monthly shoot.

Gun is a Win. 94 AE SRC in .44/40.
LOAD IS 7.6 grs of Unique behind an MBC-44/40- 200 gr. bullet.
I'll let someone else score that 8 at 11 o'clock.
Only 9 shots on the target.... jerked!!

Pete Mink
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Pete, thanks for your entry. I don't have a very good connection tonite, and can't seem to get the picture loaded. I'll look again in the AM and get your entry verified. Unless.. KiwiKev looks at it and confirms it first.

Edited: Ok, it finally came thru... you're confirmed with an 82, 1-X. God shooting.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Earlmck has winning targets in both pistol and rifle rifle caliber categories. I wonder what's happening to our participation. It only takes a LITTLE bit of practice to post these kinds of scores.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

Well, I participated, but due to rain, wind and work, I only got out to shoot once, and the target was not suitable for posting! :oops:
Nice job, Earl! :D
Have you hugged your rifle today?