Benchmade is awesome

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Benchmade is awesome

Post by jdad »

I had some business in Oregon City, so I figured I would drop my EDC (Osborne Axis, assisted mini Barrage) for service. It was pretty dull and the assist was gummed up. Dropped it off on 6/13 and it arrived today via UPS 6/16. Awesome service! They replaced every torx screw, spring, etc and sharpened it up to spec. No charge for anything including shipping. I own three of their knives. All different, but all serve a different purpose.

Benchmade, Gerber, Kershaw, Leatherman, etc are all within a 10mile radius.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Benchmade is awesome

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Cool !!! I have gotten that kind of service from Gerber long ago. I snapped the tip off of my Gerber Magnum Folder trying to pry claws out of a Bears paw. They rebuilt it at no cost and even replaced the handle scales ( had a small crack) . It came home sharp and in a new cary pouch at no charge. :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I had nothing but disappointment with Benchmade. Had one of their early knives with ATS34 steel. I could never get that steel to hold an edge. Even sent it back and they regrouped the edge but it still wouldn't hold an edge. Lost that knife, bought a Kershaw Onion series. LOVE IT even though it's 440.
Best steel imo is the S30V. That steel holds an edge like I've never seen! When it first came out a buddy bought a BUCK and he put an edge on with his worksharp sharpener and he gutted 6 deer and it would still shave hair off your arm! Also fond of D2.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I bought my son a Cabelas marked Buck 110 with S30V steel a few years ago. It holds an edge very well. At about 4 times the normal price for a Buck 110, it darn well should.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

jdad wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:02 pm
That looks to be a sharp area, fer sure ! ;)

jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

Pete44ru wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:23 am
jdad wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:02 pm
That looks to be a sharp area, fer sure ! ;)

You can tell when the companies have their warehouse overstock sales. A lot of the manufacturer's have a 3 day event and sell their knives at 50%-70% off, to clear discontinued or excess inventory out. People line up hours before opening.........and a day or two later Ebay is flooding with ads from sellers in OREGON. I'm not one of them one. :wink: I buy for me.
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

Another shout out for the Buck S30V.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

My son in law gets Benchmade knives supplied to the US Navy SEAL team. When he was visiting here a few years ago we went out to Benchmade and he dropped a couple knives off that had seen hard use. They asked if he'd prefer a replacement or repair? He had taken them on a number of missions and told them he'd like to keep them if possible, so they rebuilt them, and sent them to his home a few days later. Great service, at no charge.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Vall, you must be so very proud of your son!
8)
44shooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 44shooter »

I love my 705. Snapped the very tip prying something. I just cleaned it up with a stone
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

marlinman93 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:49 am My son in law gets Benchmade knives supplied to the US Navy SEAL team. When he was visiting here a few years ago we went out to Benchmade and he dropped a couple knives off that had seen hard use. They asked if he'd prefer a replacement or repair? He had taken them on a number of missions and told them he'd like to keep them if possible, so they rebuilt them, and sent them to his home a few days later. Great service, at no charge.
I'm guessing he's got at least one of these.

http://www.benchmade.com/infidel-family.html
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Yes, he's got that knife, plus a couple others; all Benchmade.

We're very proud of him Bill! He's been in just over 20 years, and made Senior Chief earlier this month! He has 3 years on the latest reenlistment, and then he's getting out. They just moved back home this month, and he got a great final job with the Navy to end his career!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Tell him congratulations on a job well done from me. I may not know him, but I know the type. We still need that type.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Thanks Piller! He's what I'd hope every military member would be. Very modest, and never speaks of his career unless someone asks him. He's made more trips to scary places in his career than I thought possible. He always tells us (probably for my daughter's sake) that they are safer than any other career field, as they're always well trained, over equipped, and plan for in and out missions with little time spent on the ground.
I've seen declassified videos of a few missions, and they are quick, and accurate in what they do.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

piller wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:29 pm Tell him congratulations on a job well done from me. I may not know him, but I know the type. We still need that type.
+1.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!