OT: Shameless plug - Excellent Grip maker

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mike Hunter
Member Emeritus

OT: Shameless plug - Excellent Grip maker

Post by Mike Hunter »

Ok shameless plug, but when a guy does good work, I think it needs to be recognized.

Just had some ivory grips made by Paul Persinger, to say the least …very nice work, actually, it’s the best I’ve seen.

A customer wanted some ivory grips put on a target model woodsman that I had restored, Now if you’ve seen the grips that go on a woodsman, they are not the simplest grips to make.

Decided to give Paul a try, sent him the Restored Woodsman, again absolutely gorgeous work, and not a single scratch on the Charcoal Blued frame, not sure how he managed that.

Paul can be reached at: (915) 821-7541

Mike Hunter
www.Hunterrestorations.com
Buffboy
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Buffboy »

I know it would hurt my eyes to see, but a post like this with no pictures is just wrong.
"People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence, they're begging for rule by brute force, when the biggest, strongest animals among men were always automatically 'right.' Guns ended that, and social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make it work."

- L. Neil Smith
John in MS
Levergunner 2.0

Thanks

Post by John in MS »

Thanks for sharing the info -- I have heard great things about Paul P. in conjunction with SAA grips, but didn't realize he did others as well. I know what you mean by fitting Woodsman grips and that is a challenge.
With good charcoal bluing and ivory grips, I will bet it is gorgeous!

John
"Pistols do not win wars, but they save the lives of the men who do. The noble 1911 is a mechanical marvel, whose ruggedness, dependability & ferocious power have comforted four issues of GIs and which, unlike any other instrument you can name, is as much superior to its rivals today as it was in 1917."
-Col. Jeff Cooper, 1968
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Buffboy wrote:I know it would hurt my eyes to see, but a post like this with no pictures is just wrong.
Ditto - it's a sin to tell such a fine story and not have a picture or two for us to drool over!

Thanks for the recommendation though - great to hear of another craftsman doing fine work!!! :D
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

Thanks for that info, Mike. Always good to find out who does good work. I'm thinking about possibly new grips for one of my sixguns.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
Mike Hunter
Member Emeritus

Post by Mike Hunter »

Well sorry about the lack of PICS, I was a customer's gun and I generally don't post pics of customer's guns.

But the customer was extremely happy, now has two more guns he "needs" ivories on.

Mike Hunter
www.hunterrestorations
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

There are some Persinger grips here:

http://www.sixguns.com/galleries/grips.html
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8