What rifle and load(s) will you use this hunting season?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

CA mule deer, Remington Core-locs, either 30-30 150 or 35 Rem 200. Last chance for lead bullets.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

WCF30-30 check your messages.
WCF3030
Senior Levergunner

Post by WCF3030 »

1886 wrote:WCF30-30 check your messages.
There is nothing in my message box
That which does not kill me has made a grave tactical error.

http://thewoodsman1.blogspot.com/
plattski
Levergunner

Post by plattski »

I've already had my BLR .308 out in western Montana and brought in a cow elk with 180 grain Remington core-lokt.

Deer season I'll be hunting eastern Montana with the BLR shooting 150 gr. core-lokt, searching along creeks and in timber for white-tails and muley bucks.

I'll have my old Browning safari .30-06 bolt out for antelope out east with 150 grain core-lokt, and then again chasing bull elk late in the season with 180 grain core-lokt in the open timber and grass country in central Montana.

I have yet to start reloading but this fall I'll run up some test loads with my wife's cousin who is a dedicated reloader, and if that works out I'll see about getting my own reloading set up. Reloading looks fun and is certainly an important part of knowing your firearms.