Barrel for 1892 Winchester

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AndyM
Levergunner 3.0

Barrel for 1892 Winchester

Post by AndyM »

Where online, should I be looking if I wanted to buy just a barrel for an old beat up 1892 Winchester. I am looking around for a 44 WCF barrel and can not seem to even remotely come close to finding one. I figured this group should be able to help. Are there any Winchester part stores out there? Thanks... Andy
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid" - Han Solo, Star Wars...
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Barrel for 1892 Winchester

Post by Pete44ru »

Numrich is out-of-stock in .44WCF barrels, but has .44 Mags:

http://www.e-gunparts.com/search_beta.asp
ohio hunter
Levergunner 1.0

Post by ohio hunter »

You could always go with a liner.
J
You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel.
KCSO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by KCSO »

Re line the barrel if there is anyone in your area that is reasonable. A properly reliined barrel is generally as or more accurate than the parent barrel if a quality liner is used (Redman) Then the finished rifle will look just like it should and as long as 44-40 was the original caliber you don't need to do anything else. If this is an old 92 I would be leery of going 44 Mag is I wanted to use heavy loads as they wern't really made for 44 mag pressures, hot 44-40 yes but top end 44 mag No.