OT- recommend cigar for beginner

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Idahoser

OT- recommend cigar for beginner

Post by Idahoser »

No more politics for me, let's talk about something else.
I quit cigs in January. Last week I picked up a pack of White Owl demi-tips on a whim. Have been reading and learning and have tried A. Fuente Curly Head and a "Salute to Arms". I got the box when I bought the last Cuesta Rey but I haven't tried that one yet. Can I use that box as a humidor for a few one-at-a-time while I'm trying to pick one to order by the bundle/box? Do you have a favorite humidifier and hygrometer? I'm considering the Drymistat tube for now, and there's an adjustable round digital hygrometer that's attracted my attention. I've had a grand total so far of three at one time, and am using an A. Fuente plastic bag humidor for this tiny quantity until I get something better worked out. I'll get a real humidor that holds more than a box full when I get a box full.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Re: OT- recommend cigar for beginner

Post by Old Ironsights »

When I wanted to quit Cigs I got a good Pipe.

Now when I golf or am otherwise outside and not worried about annoying the people around me, I generaly go for the cheroot style smallcigars that come in the foil wrappers under the "backwoods" brand name. They have several flavours, but I prefer "Black & Sweet Aromatic" or "Mild Sweet Aromatic". Good writeup here: http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=20
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

I have tried Backwoods years ago but when I was a cigarette smoker I don't think it was possible for me to 'appreciate' a cigar. I was either trying to inhale out of habit or impatient to get done with it so I could smoke a cigarette.

Now that I'm actually trying I do intend to smoke mostly machine made, and I'm sure I'll lose a few friends over it since that's apparently heresy but hey, I'm a beginner and they're cheap, as I get used to it maybe I'll decide to stick with hand-rolled too... but for the time being I definitely look forward to a pack of Backwoods and several other "gas station cigars" to try out along with the 'real thing'.
Idiot
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Idiot »

I like the four inch long pink ones. You don't even need a match nor do you need to inhale to experience its satisfaction; simply bite off a piece and begin to chew. These cigars are the best.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Partagas.

Pick a smaller one like the #4, #7 or Puritos. All sizes of Partagas contain the same blend unlike most other cigar makers who add better fines in the center of larger stogies. A smaller cigar can be enjoyed in less than an hour. Try to find a quiet, wind free place to enjoy it and enjoy the experience, not just the smoke. Try not to let the flame ever touch the cigar while lighting for a smoother flavor and when the cigar begins to bitter, hold a flame in front of the cherry and gently blow to burn off the gasses that are causing the bitterness.

Buy some propylene glycol and mix it 50/50 with water on a small piece of sponge in a Tupperware. Cheap humidors will ruin your cigars.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Just looked up a supplier of Backwoods cigars over here £2.77 for a pack of five!
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

+1 for what tycer said. my favorite "regular" cigar. I do some others for other occasions, like macanudo but partagas are my favs. I also like Punch.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

game keeper wrote:Just looked up a supplier of Backwoods cigars over here £2.77 for a pack of five!
Is that surprisingly high, or low? I remember in Germany gas and smokes were what we would have called astronomically high. That was 20 years ago.

Okay, let me open this question of "not enough information" regarding the Partagas for example. There seem to be at least 4 "sub brands" and NONE of them contain any of your recommendations, at this site I'm looking at (cigarfox.com).

I do intend to search further but I was at that site because (deal alert) they were recommended to me because of a $9.99 sampler they're selling right now, two Cohiba cigars and a leather case and also one-cent shipping for new customers. AND buy 5 get one free. Their prices I don't know yet how they compare, but I'm not ready to buy in quantity yet so one cigar of one type and one cigar of another type, can be a little more expensive and still useful to me for now.

[ETA]
Oh wait, I did find the Puritos in the "tins" list, I'll look for that in my local Tinder Box, thanks!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Montecristo Churchills.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Idahoser wrote:
game keeper wrote:Just looked up a supplier of Backwoods cigars over here £2.77 for a pack of five!
Is that surprisingly high, or low? I remember in Germany gas and smokes were what we would have called astronomically high. That was 20 years ago.
Yep, I'd say its high. The government tax every thing to the hilt here! :x
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
45Jack
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 45Jack »

Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Hmmm. Here they come in 8 packs for about the same prics - about $3-$5 depending on the local taxes.

I've never seen them packaged in fives before. Must be special to the Euro/British market. :?
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

Idahoser, have you considered a pipe instead? I'm not a smoker, but I shore do like the smell of pipe smoke for some reason.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Don't smoke and don't start 8)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
dawei

Post by dawei »

Grizzly Adams
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Grizzly Adams »

How about one of those pink bubblegum cigars? :roll:
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a Vet!
COMNAVFORV, Vietnam 68-70
NRA Life, SASS Life, Banjo picking done cheap!

Quyana cekneq, Neva
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Grizzly Adams wrote:How about one of those pink bubblegum cigars? :roll:
Been mentioned 3 times already...

I'm "lucky" if I get through a bag of Backwoods per year. Means I've actually had some "man time" (that doesn't involve smoking around explosives...) :P
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Try www.jrcigars.com

Looks like the #7s are no longer imported. So sad. I liked any of the Partagas with Dominican tobacco and Cameroon wrappers.

http://www.jrcigars.com/index.cfm?page= ... emCode=PA4

http://www.jrcigars.com/index.cfm?page= ... mCode=PAPU
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
JP_TX
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JP_TX »

Hoyo de Monterrey- Sabrosas,(5x40) Natural = box of 25, $26.00 at Famous-smoke.com or JR.
Or Demitasse (short smoke-4x39) box of 50 $51.00,
Both very consistant, good flavor a pleasant smoke. Affordable. HDM is my numero uno! I have one of each in my shirt pocket now.

La Gloria Cubana, maduro- Carona-Gorda, (6x52). box of 25, $73.00. Big smoke. Med-Full Lots of flavor. Takes an hour to smoke but terrific with coffee after big meal with wine. Or Sunday in the backyard with cold beer(s) and the papers. You deserve a break...

Many people light up a cigar to celebrate an important moment in their life.

Men who smoke cigars, celebrate life every single day.
JP_TX
444 Marlin
crawdaddyjim
Levergunner 2.0

Post by crawdaddyjim »

Tycer wrote:Partagas.

Pick a smaller one like the #4, #7 or Puritos. All sizes of Partagas contain the same blend unlike most other cigar makers who add better fines in the center of larger stogies. A smaller cigar can be enjoyed in less than an hour. Try to find a quiet, wind free place to enjoy it and enjoy the experience, not just the smoke. Try not to let the flame ever touch the cigar while lighting for a smoother flavor and when the cigar begins to bitter, hold a flame in front of the cherry and gently blow to burn off the gasses that are causing the bitterness.

Buy some propylene glycol and mix it 50/50 with water on a small piece of sponge in a Tupperware. Cheap humidors will ruin your cigars.
+1 on Tycer's advice. Start with Partagas. If you branch out from there (a lot of folks don't) Make sure you are getting a Dominican wrapper on the cigar. There are a lot of good ones out there but Partagas is very hard to beat for the money.

Try Cigar Dave's website: http://www.cigardave.com/
ImageImageImage
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

I'm with old ironsides on this one. I'm lucky if I smoke one a month and I never smoke a full one at a sitting. The Backwoods are just pipe tobacco rolled in a leaf. I've checked out pipes ,but I am to cheap to pay $30 for a good one. I wouldn't use it enough. But every once in a while it's good to sit in the garage drinking a beer , smoking a cigar and listen to the blues on a hot summer night. 8)
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

Okay, I'll try to answer all the posts in one here.

I quit cigarettes, I don't inhale cigars. I smoke infrequently, so while I appreciate the concern I'm doing this because I want to. It's not a "habit" any more, I'm learning to appreciate something my forefathers have enjoyed. I always tried to be a considerate smoker, went downwind to smoke if you'd let me, didn't flick my butts in the street, etc. You won't be bothered by my smoke unless you go out of your way to get offended intentionally.

Lots of good ideas folks, I appreciate the links. I tried the local mall Tinder Box and they didn't have Partagas Puritos though there were others of that make. I'm trying to stay with mild or mild-medium for the moment and I'm trying to stay with <1hr smokes, although that isn't easy to do with 1 at a time purchases. I placed an order from CigarFox.com yesterday because of their $9.99 sampler and buy5get1free and 1cent shipping. I probably won't order from them frequently, it seems so far the famous-smokes is cheaper and I haven't tried JR yet.

I try to find a review or at least more info before I buy something and when I get a recommendation, I go try to find that cigar. Usually I don't find it, I don't know if our market is different or maybe the model numbers change with time or something. Anyway I don't feel confident yet picking a substitute, I don't want to throw away six bucks to find out I got it wrong.

As for a pipe, the only reason it's not the first thing I tried is there's more to it. Skills to learn beyond those of a cigar. Sure I'm interested, I just know a lot less about them. My wife asked the same question, she always liked a pipe smell. I do want to try it.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Idahoser wrote:...As for a pipe, the only reason it's not the first thing I tried is there's more to it. Skills to learn beyond those of a cigar...
That's why I used the Pipe to quit Cigs. It was just flat impossible to "have a quick drag".

Once I got over the Cigs I put away the pipe.
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
CraigC
Levergunner 2.0

Post by CraigC »

There's nothing more relaxing than sitting on the porch with a fine cigar, something to sip on and some decent firearms-related reading material.

I can tell you how I got started. When I was a field tech I would stop on occasion, especially those late nights, and grab a box of Swisher Sweets. The taste made them easy to smoke. Quite infrequent I might add. After a few years I decided to go to a real tobacco shop and ended up with several different varieties of "flavored" cigars. From what I remember CAO has several good ones. Got a pretty decent $45 humidor. After a couple years with flavored cigars I got a variety pack from Thompson that came with 'real' cigars and found that I loved maduros. Did not expect to like them but not long after that it was all I smoked. Things have gotten more and more serious and I now have a 300ct Romeo y Julieta humidor that stays at least half full. I now smoke maduros almost exclusively but I still like a variety. I usually go for the Torpedo style if they're available. Some favorites are Romeo y Julieta, CAO MX2 (double maduro wrapper), Ashton, Onyx, Gran Habano, Carlos Tarano, Don Lino, Don Tomas, Partagas, Trinidad and Macanudo. The moral of the story is that it took a bit of time to find what I like. Eventually you'll want to get yourself a good cutter and lighter. I really like Xikar's cutters. Their big three jet lighter works great but burns a lot of fuel. Two jets or one big one are usually plenty.

Just don't keep your flavored cigars and regular cigars in the same humidor. If you use distilled water from the store, make sure you alternate with an algaecide solution every couple months to keep the mold from getting started. I had problems with mold with disilled water and now always fill my humidifiers with Glacier Mist solution. It's about three bucks for a bottle that lasts at least several months.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

It may be just me, but one of the finer things in life is a cup of coffee and a cigar
first thing on a Saturday morning. (IMO)
Here is a couple of pictures of the humidor I built back in 05. (yes, over do for a restock)
I have found that even the cheap generic brand cigars aren't to bad after a few
weeks in a properly maintained humidor.

CraigC
Levergunner 2.0

Post by CraigC »

casastahle wrote:It may be just me, but one of the finer things in life is a cup of coffee and a cigar
first thing on a Saturday morning.
It ain't just you! I need to go brew a pot and smoke one right now. :mrgreen:
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

I would about as soon have a Swisher Sweat as anything, except of course for that Bubblegum cigar. :)
NRA Life Member, Patron
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

I bought a box of Cohibas passing through London on the way over here and smoke about one a month to try to forget where I am. It is one of the few pleasures you get on some of the compounds here. I miss the good scotch that should go with it or at least a good cold beer. It does help me relax a little to sit back with a cigar and think of other places.
It is not the critic who counts
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I quit smoking about 30 years ago, when I met my wife. She said I'm not going out with you cause you smoke. I was smitten so I said I'd quit. I did, she said I do, I said I do and we've been doin it for almost 30 years now.
I listen to talk radio a lot and one of the shows that's on Saturdays as Crawdaddy Jim stated is Cigar Dave and smoke this. There should be a link to be able to listen to the show online if you care to do so. The show is on live from noon to 2 PM.
From reading biographies over the years it was either Dwight L. Moody or Charles Haddon Spurgeon that smoked cigars. I can't remember which one it was. I do remember someone asking them though Mr. Moody ( I think it was him) what about your use of tobacco? He said in a rather flippant manner, I just smoke to t he glory of God. It's said that he later had regrets about the statement.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

I enjoyed an Arturo Fuente Flor Fina 8-5-8 the most so far. I have bought another one and a Maduro version for later.
I haven't had a Maduro yet, but I have a few in the 'humidor' (a Cuesta Rey Cabinet box with a Drymistat tube in it).
I was surprised at how little I enjoyed a Padron 3000, based on the reading I've done. I picked up a Maduro 3000 to try and I do plan to pick up another natural as well, it seems to deserve another shot.
I'm going through a tin of Partagas Puritos slowly. They seem somehow a little one-dimensional, if I may try to apply some language I have seen used. Cool and nice, I do like it.
The leather case special they had (have) at CigarFox.com was supposed to have come with Cohiba Robustos, but the ones I got are too long to fit that description. I smoked one of them over two days, pretty nice. First time I managed to actually put a cigar down and let it go out, I tried to do that several times but they called me back... and I was scared it would sit there and burn away.
My wife has taken a 'sip' of most and her favorite was the Baccarat Luchadore. Probably the flavor painted on it, but I thought it was too mild.
Had a Backwoods with my neighbor watching fireworks on the 4th. Blah, perfume. I like White Owls better.

The education continues... Got some good ones waiting, I am intentionally waiting a day between cigars, so this could take a while.
CraigC
Levergunner 2.0

Post by CraigC »

Idahoser wrote:Got some good ones waiting, I am intentionally waiting a day between cigars, so this could take a while.
That's part of the fun! I like trying something different whenever I find it. Lots of folks seem to like Padron but I haven't found one I like yet. Something about them just doesn't agree with me. One I forgot to mention before was Rocky Patel. I try to keep a few on hand.
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

If you are not looking to burn up $2.00 - $20.00 every time you light a stogie, I have a suggestion.

Try some Garcia y Vega English Coronas. They come in a plastic tube to keep them fresh. Around here, buying them one at the time they run about a buck each, or five for just under $4.00.

If you can't find them locally, Garcia y Vega has a website and I think they will sell cigars online.

I find them to be smooth in taste and mild in smell. I've not smoked a better cigar without spending lots more money.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Idahoser wrote:...Had a Backwoods with my neighbor watching fireworks on the 4th. Blah, perfume. I like White Owls better.
Depends entirely on the flavor. For all but the Black & Sweet/Mild Aromatic I would agree.
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

JUST THINK OF ALL THE LEVERGUNS YOU COULD BUY IF YOU GAVE UP THAT NASTY HABBIT! :o

You might even live longer so you get to shoot them more.
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
GANJIRO

Post by GANJIRO »

Anyone here smoke Swisher Sweets? :mrgreen:
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

horsesoldier03 wrote:JUST THINK OF ALL THE LEVERGUNS YOU COULD BUY IF YOU GAVE UP THAT NASTY HABBIT! :o

The way I smoke, I suppose that in 100 years at $4/package I could have enough money to buy a used levergun...
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

Gee, you're right, I hadn't thought of that. I'll just quit. Thanks a lot.
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

I'm trying a bunch of different ones, seeing what I like and what I don't. I hated an Onyx Reserve #4, but I LOVED a Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur 1066 King Arthur. But it still didn't take away the #1 spot from the Arturo Fuente Flor Fina 8-5-8 natural.

Just keeping up to date, what I like surely affects what you'd recommend.

And of course I'll quit and chew bubble gum for all you guys who don't read the whole thread before commenting, just take it on faith okay?
pharmseller
Senior Levergunner

Post by pharmseller »

When I was in college I smoked Danneman Imperials, little black cigars that tasted like rolled poop (gee, how do you know how rolled poop tastes?) but the sweetie I was wasting time with thought I looked cool.
What we won't do for a dame...

I like a good Swisher Sweet but I think I'll give Backwoods a try.

And as far a quitting, remember moderation in all things. A cigar every once in a while won't hurt.

Quinn
We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on the one hand, of overwhelming power on the other.

General George C. Marshall, 1942
CraigC
Levergunner 2.0

Post by CraigC »

horsesoldier03 wrote:JUST THINK OF ALL THE LEVERGUNS YOU COULD BUY IF YOU GAVE UP THAT NASTY HABIT! :o

I think it's kind of sad when you can't sit around with friends and talk about a legal, pleasurable activity without having to listen to regurgitated sermons. Like a few months ago when I drove down to the GA mountains for the first camping trip with my best friend in five years. Only to sit around the campfire and listen to a 12yr old girl tell me how disgusting it my cigar was.

I have never smoked cigarettes but it's a free country and I look at the government-sponsored witch hunt against the tobacco industry no differently than the government-sponsored witch hunt against the firearms industry.
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

Yeah. It is, still, the remnants of a free country though, and they're entitled to their 'opinion', regardless if it's regurgitated PC nonsense. Oh well, they have their own favorite subjects too, maybe they'll see the light one day (hopefully before it's too late to matter).

Thouroughly enjoyed a Padron 3000 Maduro tonight, I'll definitely give the natural version another go since the first one seemed less than interesting... I could have gotten a bad one, or it may have been my less experienced palate at the time (although I'm still pretty new at this, I'm sincerely trying to learn).

One reason I want to do this is poking a stick at the pleasure police, so even if I hadn't already found several that I truly enjoy I'd still buy a few now and then just because I can.
CraigC
Levergunner 2.0

Post by CraigC »

I have gotten some bad ones before. Romeo y Julieta makes my favorite maduro but I got one that made me sick. Must've had some mold in it. Didn't taste right. That's one reason why I quit using distilled water altogether.

Forgot to mention that I do keep a couple pouches of Backwoods cigars on hand. I like `em for a quick smoke on the porch or taking with me for an afternoon of woods bummin'. Been itchin' to make a leather pouch for carrying them in my backpack or possibles bag. Maybe with a brass insert for a little support.
JP_TX
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JP_TX »

Glad to hear that you are enjoying the adventure of discovering the great variety of cigars. You'll find, as you travel the road of simple pleasures, that, for the most part, the fraternity of cigar smokers are better company than those folks that haven't been taught manners nor how to live and let live...

To say nothing of minding their own business. The thread clearly says that you are seeking recommendations for cigars to smoke, yet the small minded tobacco Nazis manage to click into the thread just to annoy folks that are not smoking in their presence since they are obsessed with the idea of preventing anyone from enjoying good tobacco anywhere in the USA.

Along that line of thinking... Here's a tip for cigars in public. In time, if you become a dedicated cigar smoker you will secumb to holding an unlit cigar in your hand and drawing on it just to sample the flavor of the cigar. It's good fun to use this technique as follows.

In a busy (Non-Smoking) restaurant when your ready to leave but can't get the attention of your waiter. Take out a cigar and put it in your mouth but don't light it. Within 2 minutes the waiter will be standing next to you to tell you " You can't smoke here." as he is giving you your check. It works every time.

One more recommendation. I think, based on your enjoyment of the Fuente and the Excalibur 1066, that you like the wrapper which I think is Camaroon. My favorite cigar with that wrapper is the Flor de Oliva Grand Camaroon. WOW! what a smoke. They come in several sizes but all taste the same so pick one for the time you have to smoke it. I don't recommend keeping them by the box because unless you are very careful they will dry out very quickly and the wrappers get very fragile. But a fresh one or five from the tobaconists is a true joy. Mild to medium not too expensive.

"My favorite $5.00 cigar is the one that comes wrapped in 3 one dollar bills." " The best cigar you will ever smoke and the worst cigar you will ever smoke are laying side by side in the same box." ~ The guy that owns JR cigars.

JP
JP_TX
444 Marlin
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

He he... yeah, that's probably about right. I have had other recommendations also for the Flor de Oliva label. I picked up a Gold and a Maduro at a local shop, the one I smoked so far was the gold, and I wasn't impressed, but I agree with you, so far the Cameroon is the one that's on my favorites so far so I'll try to find one of those.

Thanks for your interest, I figured in this group there would be a few with the experience I was looking for. Of course there are dedicated cigar forums, but their advice can be overwhelming, there's just so many of them that you get recommended every choice there is, so you aren't really better off than before you asked. Whereas here, we aren't gathered for that purpose, so I got more like what I was looking for, a few recommendations. They've been helpful.

I'm glad the Partagas Puritos that someone recommended were in a tin of 10, because the more of them I smoke the better I like them. I might have dismissed them if I'd only had one. I'd not had that recommendation from any other source, so I'm glad I asked here.
cjm135
Levergunner 1.0

Post by cjm135 »

The Casa Blanca Robusto is a nice mild cigar. I had one today and enjoyed it. I really like to size, 50 ring 5" lenght. The length is perfect. For me it burned the right amount of time for when your on the move. I never seem to be able to just sit back and smoke one for very long. The $3.00 price tag was not to bad either.

http://www.jrcigars.com/index.cfm?page= ... mcode=CBRO

Sorry, I had the wrong link.
Ron Macy
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Ron Macy »

I get mine from www.thompsoncigar.com by typing in "Mild" for the selection and checking from there. Each selection shows ring size and length. Prices run from 50 cents to 10 dollars so selections are numerous.