On Marlins .45 LC 1894

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Rifleman336
Levergunner 2.0

On Marlins .45 LC 1894

Post by Rifleman336 »

I was wondering I was looking at marlins web site and I was looking at getting a .45LC lever. But is the only one I see has a octoganial barrel not a big deal, except I wanted to put a scout mount on mine. Did Marlin ever make a round barrel version? If they did maybe I can find one used.

Thanks in advanced,

Rifleman 336
Never bite off more than you can chew.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: On Marlins .45 LC 1894

Post by J Miller »

Rifleman336 wrote:I was wondering I was looking at marlins web site and I was looking at getting a .45LC lever. But is the only one I see has a octoganial barrel not a big deal, except I wanted to put a scout mount on mine. Did Marlin ever make a round barrel version? If they did maybe I can find one used.

Thanks in advanced,

Rifleman 336
Yes Marlin made a standard carbine model in .45Colt. The model # was 1894S. They were made in the late 80s early 90s.
From what I've seen there may have been a run of them made recently with hardwood stocks and forearms. Same gun, just different wood.
It's not in the Marlin site, so I don't know what the deal is.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
gundownunder
Senior Levergunner

Post by gundownunder »

The cowboy model with the Oct barrel is a beautiful rifle and very accurate, and its D&T on the receiver for scope mounts already, unless you have a specific reason for wanting a scout scope.
Bob
You have got to love democracy-
It lets you choose who your dictator is going to be.
Rifleman336
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rifleman336 »

Well I like to have both good optics and good iron sights (I am thinking a skinner ladder sight here). For if super klutz here drops the rifle and I hear the crunching noise of $400 scope going bye, bye. :roll: I'll still have something to work with. That and I like the scout rifle set up I got to try several leverguns both Winchester 94's and Marlin 336's and liked them alot! Problem is AO dosn't make one for octoganial barrels.

Yes Gundownunder, I agree that the octognial is still very beautiful rifle and so maybe in the future I'll pick one up and get it dressed to the nines. Like some of the beautiful rigs I've drolled over on previous posts on thin board. But for now utility over beauty for now.

Rifleman 336
Never bite off more than you can chew.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Rifleman336,

Forum member RonEgg and I were discussing this Marlin 1894 last week:
http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.a ... =105345199 , apparently he didn't buy it.
He contacted the dealer and was told it was a late production.

So there are some out there. Other than this one I have no idea where to look for another one.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Whit Spurzon
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Whit Spurzon »

The 1894's in 45 colt that "Big 5" sold have round barrels and hardwood (birch?) stocks.
"There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves." -Will Rogers
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

These guys - http://www.gunsamerica.com

on their "Marlin/Rifles/Modern/LeverAction" section (225 listed currently) - http://www.gunsamerica.com/Search/Categ ... Action.htm

show a couple 1894's in 45 Colt; here's one with what looks like a very nice short 'scout' potential...

http://www.gunsamerica.com/901995922/Gu ... n_1894.htm
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

I've got the Cowboy Limited 45 Colt w/octagon bbl. and it's a keeper. It's my wife's favorite rifle and if I'm not careful it won't be mine anymore.
Old Law Dawg
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

I have a 94S / 45Colt that I picked up new in the box about two years ago.
It has a 16" barrel and a little nicer wood than I've seen.

Shoots big ragged holes and likes 300 grain bullets and feeds everything.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
cubrock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cubrock »

What's really sad is I had a chance to buy one of the early .45 Marlins a couple years back for $325 OTD. Didn't know they were as uncommon as they are and passed. D'oh!
.........THE TWINS..........

Warhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Warhawk »

I have one of these, it's marked THE MARLIN LIMITED. 16 inch .45 Colt 1894. The wood on mine isn't quite as nice as yours, but it ain't bad, and it's well fitted. I've been thinking about selling it to stick with .44 caliber stuff.

2ndovc wrote:I have a 94S / 45Colt that I picked up new in the box about two years ago.
It has a 16" barrel and a little nicer wood than I've seen.

Shoots big ragged holes and likes 300 grain bullets and feeds everything.

jb 8)
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

That's a really neat shortie. I've got a round barreled (20 inch???) .44 I never use with the nice wood I wanna convert into a Cowboy .45 Special 16 incher. It'll take some work, but be a honey of a woods bumming or CAS rifle.

The picture above has me really thinking hard about it.
Certified gun nut
WyrTwister
Levergunner 1.0

Post by WyrTwister »

I have a NIB Marlin .45 LC . Been about a year since I bought it . Think it has a round barrel . Bought it at Big 5 , on sale .

Also have a Rossi M92 - .45 LC . Shot it once . Nice gun . Hope to get around to shooting it again , one of these days .

God bless
Wyr

PS The Marlins are drilled and tapped for conventional scope mounts / base , on top of the receiver . In case you would like to do that , rather than scout mount ?

God bless
Wyr
El Mac
Levergunner 2.0

Post by El Mac »

I've got one with a 24" octagon barrel. Its a beautiful rifle.