Let's Go to AFRICA!!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

Let's Go to AFRICA!!

Post by JimT »

http://www.leverguns.com/leverguns_safari_2008.htm

Chris- please post updates as you get them. Thanks

Jim
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

We have only two people confirmed so far. 3 including me. There are more openings, so borrow from that retirement fund, have a garage sale or spend your anticipated tax return ! I hope to see at least two more levergunners on this trip!
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

I can't even get away for a intrastate elk hunt, let alone an African hunt. Not that I wouldn't sell one of my kids if it were legal. :cry:
Old Law Dawg
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

Just an update for this Dec session of the Temp Forum:

We have 5 hunters and one non-hunter so far. The trip is looking good. We will gladly take a few more of you. Save those tax refund checks to send in your deposits!
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

UPDATE:

This group is meeting in N.Y. We have been offerred free overnight accomodations at a "mansion" in the Hamptons. The following day we will proceed to J.F.K. Airport and take South African Airways direct flight to S.A. The R/T ticket costs $1234.

We are using Air2000 to facilitate firearms in and out. We have consolidated the # of gun cases for convenience. One person declares all the firearms in one case regardless of who's they are. We split the Air2000 fee by 3, coming out to about $40 each.

The drive from J'Burg Airport is 3.5 hours to Chris' concession.

We have a plan that can potentially save some money off taxidermy. Some hunters are going to purchase new representative mounts of the animals they take from a US taxidermist. The cost per mount is less than 1/2 the price of bringing back your cape and horns and paying a taxidermist. Others are bringing back the capes only and using skull plates with horns that they purchased here. As long as the horns are the same size, the whole mount can be put together for $400, still less than bringing back your whole cape and horns and paying for taxidermy. If this doesn't sit well with someone they can feel free to bring back the whole thing, or have it mounted there. This is just an option for those who burned their budget on the trip.

We can take more hunters - inquire here!
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

Still room for 2 - sign up now - only 3 months until we leave!
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

Six of us are going. We can take 2 more! The flight from JFK-NY is $1295 R/T now. About 75 days left to get in on it!
Irascible
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Irascible »

Hmmm, less than the Caribou trip I already paid for. Maybe next time.
Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be - Abe Lincoln