NOt a Lever gun but needing an A5 breakdown

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
gordylew
Levergunner 1.0

NOt a Lever gun but needing an A5 breakdown

Post by gordylew »

I,ve got a Browning A5 that I need to replace the extractor. I can't find a detailed disassymbly on the internet. anybody have a diagram? Thanks
Hobie

Re: NOt a Lever gun but needing an A5 breakdown

Post by Hobie »

Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Carlsen Highway
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Carlsen Highway »

Guys, not to interupt, but I have an old A5 shotgun also, but it only fires one round and wont cycle. Does that mean I need a new spring?
A person who carries a cat home by the tail, will receive information that will always be useful to them.
Mark Twain
gordylew
Levergunner 1.0

Post by gordylew »

check the placement of the brass ring on the tube to see if it is set up for high brass shells. light loads will not cycle if it is.
gordylew
Levergunner 1.0

Post by gordylew »

Does anybody have a step by step breakdown?
:D
Charles
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Charles »

I have been hunting with those old long recoil Browning shotguns for 55 years now and like them a bunch. I have found out that...

1. In order to function property it is necessary to put a light coat of oil on the magazine tube where the recoil spring rides. When this gets dry, you get have a single shot shotgun. Don't slather the oil on, just a little bit on a patch and wipe the tube. Break Free works just fine.

2. I leave the friction ring set for heavy loads. My shotguns cycle even skeet loads with the ring set for heavy loads. This way, I won't forget and slip a heavy load in with the ring set for low loads. Doing this might damage the shotgun.

In all of these years, I have never had one break nor have I ever had reason to break it down beyond removing the barrel for cleaning and reoiling the magazine tube.
gordylew
Levergunner 1.0

Post by gordylew »

I'm replacing a broken extractor. you have to completely break the gun down to do this.