Winchester 94 pre war firing pin

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
95fan
Levergunner 2.0

Winchester 94 pre war firing pin

Post by 95fan »

Does anyone know where I can get a firing pin for a pre war winchester 1894? I discovered recently that mine is now a 2 piece firing pin. :shock:

On the same note; is this common for the older 94's? Should I keep spares on hand or is this just one of those things that happens with age and use?
A perfect day can only be achieved while hunting
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Winchester 94 pre war firing pin

Post by 20cows »

One used to see those with regularity one eBay, but I'm not sure where a firing pin fits in their new, more resrtictive policies. Barrels are OUT!

You might try Numrich Gun Parts or Winchester Bob.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

95fan,

I'd suggest getting two firing pins when you do. Just because. In all the years I've been shooting Winchester 94s I've never broken one. I did replace one that had been broken and jury rig repaired on an early 1900's SRC I bought used, but that's the only one.

I have a theory. If you have spare parts, those in your gun won't break. So far that works for me.
I have spares and nothings ever broken.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Numrich has them and they are only $22. I'd snag a couple of 'em at that price. :)
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
95fan
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 95fan »

Is the pre 64 firing pin the same as a pre war firing pin? I looked at Numrich, and they only list one for a pre 64.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

95fan wrote:Is the pre 64 firing pin the same as a pre war firing pin? I looked at Numrich, and they only list one for a pre 64.
To my knowledge the firing pin was unchanged from the beginning to 1964 when they cheapened them up.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

I also believe that the 1 piece pins were unchanged from the beginning. Winchester Bob lists them for 17 bucks, but I don't know if they are used or made by what company.
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
95fan
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 95fan »

Thanks to everone for their help, I am ordering a couple from Numerich right now.
71fan
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 71fan »

Good...it's about time you get that rifle fixed so I can buy it :wink:
Chad