Malamute - Have you been to Guns West?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Hobie

Malamute - Have you been to Guns West?

Post by Hobie »

http://www.coltforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16138 I'm embarrassed to admit I didn't know the name "Simmeion Stoddard" although we may have spoken. :oops:

PS Edited to reflect the shop's correct name! Thanks Buck!
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Re: Malamute - Have you been to Wild West Guns?

Post by Buck Elliott »

Not Malamute, but I think I can answer your Q, in part... Mr. Simeon Stoddard is the proprietor of GUNS WEST in Cody, on the corner of 13th St. & Beck Ave. As was stated in the thread in question, his little shop has about the most diverse line of firearms imaginable, all tucked rather neatly into a small but tidy space. Any thing your heart desires, from Muzzle loaders to a converted .50 cal Boys AT rifle... Sim was indeed the curator of the Cody Firearms Museum at the BBHC, and is a fine gentleman, and someone I am honored to call a good friend.
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Buck Elliott wrote:Not Malamute, but I think I can answer your Q, in part... Mr. Simeon Stoddard is the proprietor of GUNS WEST in Cody, on the corner of 13th St. & Beck Ave. As was stated in the thread in question, his little shop has about the most diverse line of firearms imaginable, all tucked rather neatly into a small but tidy space. Any thing your heart desires, from Muzzle loaders to a converted .50 cal Boys AT rifle... Sim was indeed the curator of the Cody Firearms Museum at the BBHC, and is a fine gentleman, and someone I am honored to call a good friend.
Thanks for taking the time to answer Mr. Elliott. I went by there in 2005 but all the shops have run together in my memory and I've no idea if I might have gone in there or not. It SEEMS to me there were a bunch of "cowboys" (didn't get close enough to see their boots) standing out front at one time...
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Jarhead
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jarhead »

I thought "Wild West Guns" was in Anchorage. I bought a 45-7-/457WW Mag from them...but it ain't the same fella you folks are talking about...
Semper Fi