M92 feeding problems

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Wes
Levergunner 2.0

M92 feeding problems

Post by Wes »

This Cimarron M92 take down cost me a coyote this morning. I went up in the hayfield checking stackyard fences. When I got close to a gutpile that we left after butchering a cow, there stands a coyote broadside 60 yards out. The wind is howling and he doesn't even know I'm there.
So, I rack a shell in my 44-40 and...the action won't close! darn! I rode back to the house and found a cartrige is underneath the elevator, as in it feeds under the elevator every time I open the action. It's a take down model so I can get them out easy enough, but what is causing this? I can't really see anything wrong with it.
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Re: M92 feeding problems

Post by Buck Elliott »

Seems to be a regular problem with that particular '92 knock-off...

Had one from Taylors that did the same thing, have seen others from Comarron. Fault is in the cartridge stop, which doesn't...
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...