Elk & Mulie hunting

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Elk & Mulie hunting

Post by BigSky56 »

About the second week of Nov. came in the back door of some clearcuts to catch elk always see mulies and did this day about 40 total including 5 small bucks that were still wolfing the does. danny
Heading up there was 9 does and a small buck in this group.

At the end of the road up on the cut bank is a small 3 point wolfing a doe I took this photo ahorseback and it blurred as he wouldnt stand still.

Top of clearcut 3 does .

Made a campfire ate lunch and took a nap while nephew went looking for a raghorn bull that we jumped and he missed. No blood or hair, bull went uphill, looked for 4 hours. We had jumped 2 raghorn bulls at 25 yds I held the horses and let the nephew shoot. He had been scoping bucks all morning and forgot to turn down his power level, 50 yds and 9 power dont get it done on a moving elk, he'll learn to keep it on 3 when hes shooting. His first time to shoot elk I think he had a touch of elk fever.

The elk had been bedding on the road at night and making day beds uphill about 500 yds thats were I caught them.

Heading out late afternoon wind kicked up and it started snowing.
Last edited by BigSky56 on Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Elk & Mulie hunting

Post by gamekeeper »

Great post! I wish I was there :mrgreen:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Beautiful country, thanks for posting :D
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
winchester1886
Levergunner 2.0

Post by winchester1886 »

Good pictures, loved the last one looking through the ole ponies ears, no king ever sat on a better throne or had a better view, that's what life is all about. Thanks for posting.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

winchester1886 wrote:Good pictures, loved the last one looking through the ole ponies ears, no king ever sat on a better throne or had a better view, that's what life is all about. Thanks for posting.

Big Sky, Very cool post. It was like going on a "virtual elk hunt" And like Winchester 1886, the pic of the horses ears was cool. Your riding high :D -------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: thats how I wish i could hunt here, on top of a horse or mule, taking me to distant hill tops. Excellent post
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

looks like a great time.........in a great place!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
44LVR
Member Emeritus

Post by 44LVR »

Now THAT was COOL!

“I’ve noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.” Ronald Reagan
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

Man, that's beautiful country!
Thanks for the pics!

bogie
Sadly, "Political Correctness" is the most powerful religion in America, and it has ruined our society.