I waited too late!!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
ceb
Levergunner 3.0

I waited too late!!

Post by ceb »

I've spent the last couple of hours on the net trying to buy ammo and components for reloading. Can't ever remember seeing so many out of stock notices. And some are not even taking backorders. Oboma mania for sure.
Idiot
Levergunner 3.0

Re: I waited too late!!

Post by Idiot »

ceb wrote:Oboma mania for sure.
Nope, some are simply seeing him for what he is - no mania, just clear vision. As far as ammo goes, at least popular self-defence ammo, if you don't have it by now, you either ain't gonna get it or you're going to pay an awful lot for it. "I waited too late!!" is a quote being echoed throughout the country. Heck, in my neck of the chollas, even the Wal-Mart shelves are bare or nearly so. Have fun.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

IMHO, I think things will settle down before any legislative action. I could be wrong and it could actually get worse. But most people will buy their one EBR, or whatever, and one or two boxes of ammo and stash it away. I guarantee the ammo manufacturers are working overtime to fill the orders. They don't get a boon like this very often and they're going to take advantage of it. Plus, the added fear that ammo isn't available or going to be available drives the market nuts far and beyond what it normally would be.

By the way, I need to get some more ammo too. :twisted:
Old Law Dawg
2row
Levergunner 1.0

Post by 2row »

I sure feel for you who waited I for one didn't I have all I'll need for many years.
71fan
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 71fan »

2row wrote:I sure feel for you who waited I for one didn't I have all I'll need for many years.
How do you know? :wink:

I've been trying to figure out how much is enough for a long time. When in doubt, buy more...
Chad
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Even if you had to much to shot in your lifetime, you could always barter.
Old Law Dawg
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

You would have thought the manufacturers would have seen this coming and put extra people on long before.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Rusty wrote:You would have thought the manufacturers would have seen this coming and put extra people on long before.
You'd think so wouldn't you? I know if that was my business we'd be running 24/7.
Old Law Dawg
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

kimwcook wrote:
Rusty wrote:You would have thought the manufacturers would have seen this coming and put extra people on long before.
You'd think so wouldn't you? I know if that was my business we'd be running 24/7.
Have you considered that the ammo/componet manufactures may be having trouble getting raw materials?
ED
Yer never too old
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

Maybe it's the credit crunch, plummeting marketplace and uncertainty...Hard to get a handle on the marketplace.. How much money should we borrow to stock ammo/components for this uncertain marketplace.. Maybe if we wait we can buy ammo & components from the manufacturers at lower prices.. Or, How much ammo & components should we make for this market...
"IT IS MY OPINION, AND I AM CORRECT SO DON'T ARGUE, THE 99 SAVAGE IS THE FINEST RIFLE EVER MADE IN AMERICA."
WIL TERRY
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

We suggested this a year ago. I've been putting back for at least two years knowing a Dem would replace Bush. Still, each has his/her own financials dictating priorities. That's just how it is. Get what you can while you can.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I've got 50K of assorted loaded ammo, 50K of assorted primers, and enough powder to match the primers. Should keep me in business for at least 6 months----------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Managers at the ammo companies are afraid to add head count, fear of angering their Wall Street Overlords, the Overlords demand they fill orders with existing head count, even when it can not be physiclly done.
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

Post by brucew44guns »

I started running around with Bill Wilsons crowd of winners 16 years ago. All that booze and beer money went in to ammo. Boy, let me tell you---ammo pile looks more impressive than a liquor store right now.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Even my girlfriend ( who was sure I was crazy ) commends me on my insight these days.
airedaleman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by airedaleman »

brucew44guns wrote:I started running around with Bill Wilsons crowd of winners 16 years ago. All that booze and beer money went in to ammo. Boy, let me tell you---ammo pile looks more impressive than a liquor store right now.
I'm a friend of Bill's, too. 29 years next week, God willing. Formerly wasted money went into a lot of things, including our retirement home here. Priorities over the past few years soaked up almost all my firearms, and precluded stockpiling much of anything except rimfire ammunition. We are reasonably happy though, and I think the political situation may not be quite as black as it appears right now. But then I may be whistling past the graveyard. Time will tell...
Riamh Nar Dhruid O Spairn Lann
- motto on the Irish Regiments' flags
ceb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by ceb »

I actually do have quite a bit put back, but I traded into a M1 carbine a couple of months back and was looking for supplies for it. Besides a guy can't have too much.