OT An Update

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Scott64A
Levergunner 2.0

OT An Update

Post by Scott64A »

Hey all,

I am back to to report:

I graduated and got my board certifications, and am now a paramedic!
The divorce is pldding along, God willing.
I am able to have weekly custody for the time-being, so I get to have my daughter for seven days and I drop her off at school Monday mornings. The soon to be ex wife pickes her up in the afternoons. This schedule will rotate, and gves us each plenty of time with her while giving my daughter a regular schedule to rely on. Hopefully we can get to mediation son and end this, then I can go and get an annulment.

I have also gotten back in touch with the faith I was raised in in the Catholic Church in the past three months. While growing up, I really disliked being raised a Catholic, but now that my faith has grown, I find the sacraments and Mass to be a solid and wholly reverent way to worship. Not that I find fault with other ways to worship Christ, I just feel comfortable and full after going to Mass. Plus, wherever I go, Mass is Mass, as set by Jesus, the apostles and Mary. I was fortunate enough to go to Midnight Mass while on duty Christmas Eve, because there were no calls while we were there. It was at a monastery in Conyers, and the Trappist Monks who performed the Mass really made you feel how awesome and yet simple the birth of our savior truly was. The cathedral was gorgeous, but the underlying feeling was that of timelessness and of simplicity. You really felt as though you were witnessing a ceremony from over 2000 years ago, mainly because the ceremony hasn't changed since then. The one thing that blew me away were the gawkers who came only to see it as a spectacle, most of whom left as the Eucharist was being prepared! Ouch! I'd never seen that before; and while I know that non-catholics who have not recieved Holy Communion as a sacrament are not allowed to do so in a Catholic Mass, they could have at least stayed until Mass was ended. Ah well.
I personally do not believe that Christ would turn anyone away from His table, but at the same time I know that God wants us to worship His way and not what is convenient or socially acceptable to us in our earthly world. Something to ponder, since so many of us seem to "shop around" for whatever church we like, and many more use the church as a social hour. I guess it's a balancing act, and for each and every one of us to decide with good conscience.

The message of this Mass from the Bishop was to be gifts of God ourselves this Christmas, and to help God spread His love around here. sInce I was working a 48 hour shift, I really drew strength and suport from this message. I worked Christmas Eve and Christmas, and even though I got little or no sleep, I was able to provide service and comfort to others over the holiday. We provide a free service on Christmas called "Home for the Holidays", where we bring nursing home residents to their family's houses for the day and then go bring them back later. It was nice to be able to help.

Also, my ex-in-laws gave me a graduation gift in the form of airfair for a trip to Cozumel; I have an old and close friend that owns property there and had invited me for the week of Jan 17th-25th. This means eight straight days of bumming around a Carribbean Island and lots of unfettered exploring to do on beaches and in Mayan ruins. Maybe a little fishing, maybe some snorkeling, and I am excited to go to Mass there, too. Usually, Mass is every day in the AM no matter where you are. I just want to see some of the old churches!

So bit by bit, the pieces of the puzzle are clicking into place. I see that God has great plans for me and my daughter, and I sit and wait on Him for what's next. I would gladly go through all the fires of Hell again to have my daughter in my life, as well as to be back in touch with this awesome faith. Hallelujah.

I'll try to post pics from Cozumel in a month or so.
RSY
Senior Levergunner

Re: OT An Update

Post by RSY »

That's good to hear. Could be a lot worse things to happen. Keep praying.

Scott
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

+1
Old Law Dawg
Scott64A
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Scott64A »

hehe... If I've learned one thing in life, it's never to ask the question, "How much worse could it get?!?"

-That's begging for it, har har...
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Congratulations!!!!!!
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Good news!!!!
ED
Yer never too old
Bigahh
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bigahh »

Glad to hear things are getting better Scott! Hang in there.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Glad to hear things are looking up.
NRA Life Member
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

You're always in our prayers.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Congratulation on graduating and getting your certification Scott! I know with everything else going on, these rays of sunshine must have felt really good.
Mutt
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mutt »

Your comments made me feel very Good. Thanks.....After dieing during the last surgery back in July ,don't know why I was allowed to come back. It has been on my mind almost every day. Wondering you know. My beautiful young wife says " It's because You are supposed to finish raiseing me ...Love this girl . Don't know why but I too am waiting around , meanwhile helping some that I can and know how.
............. I haven't been to mass in some while now. No reason . But I do miss it. Any how , I feel things will get very good for you as time goes on. ...............Like me you may not always understand why But many times down the trail I have been shown the reason. ......Good luck and God Bless......................Mutt
GANJIRO

Post by GANJIRO »

Congratulations and best wishes on your new life ahead, I'm happy for you and know you will succeed on all future endeavors. I hope you are planning on taking a nice 8 weight fly rod for them Cozumel Bonefish. Can't wait to see the pictures on your return. Give a big hug to your daughter from us levergun godfathers. :wink: