OT- Cheap stocking stuffers

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Idahoser

OT- Cheap stocking stuffers

Post by Idahoser »

For the more generic 'gift' to, say, officemates. Not something that will start a fight if they're not levergunners, for example.

Always in the market for more ideas, but here's some I've had already:

Last year I gave a pocket Constitution and Declaration of Independence from patriotpost.us (Under $1 in bulk)
This year I'm thinking either a 5-in-1 survival whistle/matchbox/compass thingy ($2), or for cheaper, an emergency poncho (under $1) both at Amazon.

What do y'all think? We're talking under $2, for perhaps 40 people. Don't want to get political with some of them. I'm not a particularly religious person.
Hobie

Re: OT- Cheap stocking stuffers

Post by Hobie »

Those spring loaded glass breakers to get you out of the car when you drive into a body of water (or are left behind by and up and coming politician).
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

The rescue hammer was indeed something I glanced at looking for ideas, but they weren't in this price range. Certainly for closer folks. I don't picture a spring loaded one though?
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Idahoser wrote:The rescue hammer was indeed something I glanced at looking for ideas, but they weren't in this price range. Certainly for closer folks. I don't picture a spring loaded one though?
Neither could I. My daughter gave them last year. Of course I can't find mine to take a photo. :roll: Sorta like an atropine autoinjector. You push against the glass until it wacks with a hard pointy end and yes, mine shattered a piece of test glass (not safety glass though). Hey I guess it is a bit too expensive at $9.95...

Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

Hobie wrote:Of course I can't find mine to take a photo. :roll:
Uh... Hobie, look on your keyring, man... :mrgreen:

No seriously that is really cool, and of course I have folks I'll spend more on than the office stocking-stuffers. The idea is great! Thanks!
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Looks like it has a seat belt slicer to. Neat little tool. :D
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

I ended up choosing an emergency poncho, $0.88 each at Wally world. I got a six-pack of those window breaker/seat belt cutters like Hobie's for several folks. $50 for the six.

Planning ahead, next year I'll do the 5-in-1 survival whistle, under $2 each and I have a year to get them so I don't have to rush delivery. For those selected folks I want a nicer gift for, there's a similar 7-in-1 for about $10.