OT- Woman defends cop

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

OT- Woman defends cop

Post by jkbrea »

Hope this link goes through. Brave woman but doesn't say much for the cowards who stood around and watched.

http://www.wsbtv.com/video/18561025/index.html
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Re: OT- Woman defends cop

Post by Old Ironsights »

Interesting... Since it was all grapple tazing was probably better for the cop than perforating the perp...

All in all, pretty cool.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

That is great to see. A woman of high quality there, and wish there were more like her!
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

C. Cash wrote:That is great to see. A woman of high quality there, and wish there were more like her!
+ 1
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

too many would stand and watch. a woman of action and character. well done for her and glad the officer was able to regain control of the situation because of her.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Good to see someone had the highground.
Old Law Dawg
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

A galland lady to say the least.

I just wish that the media flacks could tell the difference between a TAZER and a Stun Gun
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

I wasted half my lunch hour trying unsuccesfully to get it to load on dial up, what happened?
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Hey Malamute,

I'm on the run so will make it short. It's not footage of the actual encounter, but a news broadcast regarding an incident where a woman saw an officer struggling with a perp near a strip mall/Wall Mart. She noticed everyone else being lookie loos but doing nothing to help the officer. So, she pulled out her stun gun and went to work on the bad guy. :) It was mostly the woman describing what happened and some comments by newscasters.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Doc Hudson wrote:A galland lady to say the least.

I just wish that the media flacks could tell the difference between a TAZER and a Stun Gun
+1 (though the woman also called it a "TAZER" incorrectly as well).

I just can't believe in the south - even near Atlanta - grown men would have stood around watching. This would have been a free-for-all where I live. The police would have probably had to start tazering good samaritans to save the perp! :wink:
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

Ysabel Kid wrote:
Doc Hudson wrote:A galland lady to say the least.

+1 (though the woman also called it a "TAZER" incorrectly as well).

I just can't believe in the south - even near Atlanta - grown men would have stood around watching. This would have been a free-for-all where I live. The police would have probably had to start tazering good samaritans to save the perp! :wink:
The Atlanta Metro Area is like any other large city, there are parts of it where police go at their own risk.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
Fairshake
Levergunner

Post by Fairshake »

As a former Deputy Sheriff in Baton Rouge, La. I can say that was a great thing the lady did. I've been down on the ground with suspects and have had a crowd just stand and watch. We had more than one officer in the area killed with their own gun when over powered with others present. I was getting my butt whipped by two felons when a by stander stepped in and evened the odds. I to this day know that he saved my life.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

That Lady deserves recognition for her willingness to do the right thing. Good job.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

+1 to all the comments above. A Commendation of Valor should be publically presented. Brave lady, indeed. The boys present should be ashamed... for certainly there was only one man around.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

Kudos to her. If I was doing the same though I wouldn't want my ID released or be on TV. In certain communities, retaliation is real....
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.