OT- They don't make it

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

OT- They don't make it

Post by Andrew »

I need a pump shotgun. I love Rugers. You see the delima.

I know, Rem has the 870 and Moss has a great line up to choose from but.....I want a Ruger. I can see why they would stay away from making pump guns but if they did I know they would be awesome. 8) Sturm, Ruger and Co. Inc. is really throwin' a kink in my accumulation endeavors. :evil:

This is kind of just another thread asking "what you'd like to see", only I'm adding in brand loyalty. The idea came to me earlier when I was planning my battery, a battery capable of taking everything that walks crawls and flys, and was having trouble getting a pump into the mix. At least, one with a screamin' chicken stamp.

Does anyone else have a favorite brand that is missing something you'd like them to make?

P.S.: I have brand loyalty real bad. If Ford made a toilet, I'd buy it.
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT- They don't make it

Post by mescalero1 »

I like Fords also, but I don't think I could get used to a Ford Blue toilet!
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

I can understand your fondness of Rugers, but Fords???? C'mon man! :wink:
NRA Life Member
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

You could re-label a Rem to Ruger :P
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
DarryH
Levergunner 2.0

I won't buy a NEW Ruger...........

Post by DarryH »

Ever since Bill Ruger backed the hi-cap magazine ban,
and a couple other anti-gun measures,
I have NEVER bought a NEW one.

I have bought a couple used, that way the factory does not get any of my money.
This may sound foolish to some, but if gun owners can't stay
united, we just make it easier for the anti-gun crowd to take a way our hobby and love.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Oh....I agree, they should make a pump gun !!
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

I've always had a strange wish too....for a Ruger made Win. 1895. Like that's gonna happen!
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Post by Thunder50 »

I always equated Fords with toilets anyhow :evil:
The meek shall inherit the earth, but I reserve the mineral rights!
All the knowledge in the world, is of no use to fools! (Eagles-long road out of Eden)
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Why not a Benelli pump? or better yet, a pump/semi combo. My M3 Benelli ROCKS!!!!!!! I love ruger products also, even named my first lab Ruger - and they do some things very well but IMHO, they aren't the best in any catagory. Smith makes a better double action revolver, Browning (to name just one, a better overunder, Colt a better semi pistol(again to name just one), Single actions are pretty awesome though Colt, Freedom cut into that market, and other rifles such as semis or bolt, well, to each their own. Where Brand loyalty meets functionality, beauty, reliability, it looses out in my books. Good luck though in your dilema
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
major
Levergunner 2.0

Post by major »

I would like to see Thompson enter into the lever gun arena or even a lever action falling block design.
Major

*If guns were your children how hard would you fight to protect and keep them*
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

Ruger is not likely to make a pump action because their bread and butter is castings. There are too many parts of a pump to warrant castings for everything. Ruger outsources some barrel work, some stock work, etc. If you can't put enough of the base together with your own equipment and resources it becomes less profitable. BTW - the Gold Label is now a thing of the past too..... And I agree with Mike Johnson - Ruger never made the best of anything, but they always made affordable serviceable firearms that were in reach of most folks.
Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

the rem 870 is the win 94 of pump shotguns. perfected 50 years ago, you can make one shiner and smoother, but for money, its the cat's butt
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

I think ole Bill is getting his payback on that one. I'm sure he's spinning in his grave over the three latest "self defense" handguns that Ruger has put out. Hey, have they announced the recall on the LCR yet. These days they aren't official till they've been recalled at least once.

Being a leftie, the only (at the time) pump gun available was the 870. Blued steel and wood. It's been a very good shotgun. So, even though you "like" Rugers, pick up an 870. While not as well finished as an older one, today's are pretty darned good.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: I won't buy a NEW Ruger...........

Post by Griff »

DarryH wrote:Ever since Bill Ruger backed the hi-cap magazine ban,
Ditto. And just when I was ready to plunk down the cash on a new "Red Label" for skeet!
tman wrote:the rem 870 is the win 94 of pump shotguns. perfected 50 years ago, you can make one shiner and smoother, but for money, its the cat's butt
ABSOLUTELY, I am totally in love with my $11 870 Wingmaster!

Re: Fords... one of my friends (Martin) and I worked construction while I was in college, he drove a Ford F-250 and I drove a Chevy K10. One day as we drove by the "Back Bay" in Newport Beach, I saw a Jeep stuck in the muck left exposed at low tide. I had my tow rope in the bed along with my tools. So, I drove down and pulled that Jeep buried up to the frame in mud out. Then, as I started to leave, I turned my wheels too sharp and dug myself down in the loose sand! My buddy then harranged me about his "Ford" pullin' my "Chevy" outta the sand. All's fair in love, war and brand loyalty! Then... yep, he then spun out and buried his FORD in the grassy area he was sittin' in! Yep... I am a friend and pulled out his Ford... after he took back all the vile things he'd said about my Chevy!

BTW, Martin's next p/u was a K10 GMC!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
airedaleman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by airedaleman »

Ithaca Model 37. Buy one (or more...)!
Riamh Nar Dhruid O Spairn Lann
- motto on the Irish Regiments' flags
jjames
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jjames »

I love my Ruger revolvers. Didn't/don't particularily like the 10-22, 96-44, or Mini-14 long guns I have or have owned. Probably just me but I doubt I will try any other Ruger long guns though I have lusted for a Red Label in the past and most recently a Frontier. In terms of pump guns never had an 870 I didn't like but have always been willing to trade them in a heartbeat for something else as they are readily available. I imagine my 16 ga Wingmatser will be with me until death do us part and no new/different 870s or other pumps will be added to the safe ( Well maybe an 1897). My 1901 gets more field time than any other shotgun these days. Just wish I could smooth out that second shot. Practice Practice Practice or maybe there was a reason why John Browning wanted to skip the lever shotgun and produce a pump.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

DarryH wrote:Ever since Bill Ruger backed the hi-cap magazine ban,
Me either.

Nor will I buy any movie or music by an anti-gun entertainer (which limits me more than only buying used Rugers!)
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
DarryH
Levergunner 2.0

Post by DarryH »

Nor will I buy any movie or music by an anti-gun entertainer (which limits me more than only buying used Rugers!)[/quote]

I managed music stores for quite a few years. We had CD's DVD's, VHS, and more.
Certain entertainers never got put in the rack.
The first one I omitted was "Hanoi" Jane Fonda. I pulled her movies and excersise stuff from the racks. If somebody asked for it, I would sell it, after giving them my 2 cents worth!! My District manager would come in now and then, and dress me down and have me put all this stuff back in the racks. The minute his behind was out of sight of my doors, I pulled it all again.
I live and breath my committments. I keep my word.
DarryH
Bigahh
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bigahh »

tman wrote:the rem 870 is the win 94 of pump shotguns. perfected 50 years ago, you can make one shiner and smoother, but for money, its the cat's butt
+1 I do not own one due to a true love of my Benelli's, but for the price they just cannot be beat! I have been thinking about a short barreled one for home defense. Back to the post..Why can't anyone make a .32 Special? I am just about ready to re-barrel a 30-30
Fairshake
Levergunner

Post by Fairshake »

As a former armorer and police firearms instructor I will say that my favorite pump is the IThaca37. That's followed by the Remington 870. The Ithaca starts out as a solid steel block and is machined into the final product. It's downfall in the police dept. was because it has no sear disconnect and there fore can be fired in a slam fire position. The 870 is the standard that everyone else shoots for. A solid gun that will keep on working even when abused.
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

major wrote:I would like to see Thompson enter into the lever gun arena or even a lever action falling block design.
That would be pretty cool. I am TC ignorant: Have they ever made a repeater?
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
Rustolium
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Rustolium »

Andrew wrote:
major wrote:I would like to see Thompson enter into the lever gun arena or even a lever action falling block design.
That would be pretty cool. I am TC ignorant: Have they ever made a repeater?
As far as I know, they have made at least one type of bolt gun. The one I saw a pic of has a butterknife handle.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Andrew wrote:I need a pump shotgun. I love Rugers. You see the delima. ...

P.S.: I have brand loyalty real bad. If Ford made a toilet, I'd buy it.
Some folks sure do limit themselves... :lol:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson