OT: So who's not watchin the Super-Bowl Tonight?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

OT: So who's not watchin the Super-Bowl Tonight?

Post by cshold »

I for one am not. (yea I know I'm in PA. :o :shock: )
Going to evening church service with the wife. :wink:
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT: So who's not watchin the Super-Bowl Tonight?

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Super WHAT!! Never heard of it! :o
SJPrice
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SJPrice »

We have a "Super Bowl" about a mile from the house, but I think they are only open for league bowling on Sunday Night. Not much ever happens there so I am not sure why you would want to watch it?
Always Drink Upstream From The Herd
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Naw, I'll probably be messing with my reloading or watching a John Wayne movie or something equally worthwhile.

joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

GK junior will be up watching! He's a Cardinals fan! Coverage starts at 11pm here.
He watches a live sunday and monday night game most weeks during the regular season and wants to go to a live Cardinals game when we're next in the states.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

I see the fall of Rome. Janet Jackson's breast was my final confirmation of it.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

i am going to watch
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
salvo
Senior Levergunner

Post by salvo »

Who's playing?
ScottS

"No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."
-- Ronald Reagan
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

salvo wrote:Who's playing?

Exactly!

That's the funny shaped brown ball right?

Professional sports bore me. I'd rather be outside, reloading or chasing the Boss Lady.
Not necessarily in that order!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

The wife is watching. I have to be "supportive". I already didn't like the stylistic gyrations on the National Anthem. Got to get back downstairs...
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
creosote
Levergunner

Post by creosote »

I am finishing up a muzzleloader project tonight.
I traded into a Thompson Center New Englander in .50 Caliber. I have no need for it as my deer shooter is a well tested CVA mountain rifle in .58.
I had always wanted a New Englander though as they had a 12 gauge drop in barrel offered at one time.
I did a search for a smooth bore tube and found them available from time to time on ebay and other such sites, but they are going for several hundred dollars and that is out of the question for
my budget.
I did have a woodless disassembled winchester 37a single shot that a friend gave me years ago.
So I cut off the chamber end and ordered a 3/4-16 breech plug from track of the wolf.
I simply ran a 3/4-16 tap into the breech end and installed the new plug,it was made for a octagon barrel so i had to do some file and abrasieve wheel work on the plug and i also had to contour the
outside of the new tube for the first 10 inches or so.
I have it all together now and am well pleased with it.
I have never been interested in team sports, I am in the minority for sure, I try to keep from going glassy eyed when anyone speaks to me of ball games,Over the years I have become skilled in the art of getting the subject changed,or finding something else to do when 'ball games' come up.
creosot
stinkycat
Levergunner 1.0

Post by stinkycat »

Everone went to rhe soninlaws parents to watch the big game. I took a nice walk in the woods, came home got out the iron skillets had backstrap and homefries. Washed it down with an ice tea. I'm happy no need to watch someone else entertain myself.
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

I'm not watching. I don't have TV and the little one needs some snugglin'. I only go to partys cause of the party.

Food + Friends = A good time
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Post by iceman »

Not me. I don't follow American football. Canadian football season is long over. I watch a bit of hockey during the season and follow the Stanley cup finals.
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I haven't watched a football game on television since Purdue went to the Rose Bowl in the 1960's. I've been to a couple of friend's-kid's high school football games since, and they were fairly fun, since I actually knew a player and cared a bit about the game. I could care less about a game where I know none of the participants personally!

Of course, in our house, we've not had broadcast or cable television since 1988, so I suppose we're evil heathens. Instead of watching some Disney feel-good about children building a treehouse, my kids get scrap wood and nails and build one themselves. Instead of watching Bambi, they go out with me and kill a deer to eat.

There really are two distinct cultures in this nation, and it isn't based (contrary to what the media tells everyone) on race, income, religion, or any of the superficialities they dwell on. It is 'somewhat' urban vs. rural, but basically it is 'earthy' vs. 'synthetic' - those who relish and thrive on the real world joys and challenges of life, and helping others who may not be able to hunt or garden to have food, those who may not be able to make their own shelter have shelter, and sharing spirituality of all types together without prejudice. The others want control, a nation of dependent masses, and lots of money and power.

Professional sports are fine and in a free market world, I see no harm at all, other than perhaps they ARE a 'diversion' away from the real issues our citizens should be actively dealing with. I just don't have any interest in them. I'd rather play putt-putt with some friends over a case of good brew, than watch a game where I know none of the players.

Party on...!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

game keeper wrote:GK junior will be up watching! He's a Cardinals fan!
Must not be easily frustrated... :lol:

I was going to have it on in the background but just before kickoff I was informed The Boy has the flu and I was given a list of items to get from the store.

Last year I thought it was too bad either team had to win (no fan of the Pats or Giants). This year it'll be neat whichever wins. The Steelers get their sixth trophy which will be the most of any team (including my Cowboys) or the Cards get their first ever.

The only halftime shows I've paid any attention to were McCartney and Tom Petty.
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
brionic
Levergunner 1.0

Post by brionic »

We cooked food all day for another family - wife/mom is in the midst of medical trouble and we want to help ease their burden.
Funny thing was that they were, apparently, getting ready for the game and were almost too busy for us to bring over the meals.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I'm watchin'... heck the half-time show has promise, and I like the commercials! :twisted:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jaguarundi »

Don't watch pro games.I am cleaning the "toys" tonight :) ! (and drooling over my latest toy-94 winne Buffalo Bill SRC) :D !
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
Mokwaw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mokwaw »

I'm not watching, mainly because I'm at work. But don't really care since the Bears or the Colts didn't make it I lost interest. Although I am taping just so I can see the commercials. :roll:
UNITE
Alan Wood
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Alan Wood »

So I'm not the odd man out on this. No interest in the Superbowl at all. Just doing laundry and catching up on the forums.
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

I'm baking a pineapple upside down cake.
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

Post by brucew44guns »

I've been watching a Bronson Death Wish movie. I don't know, nothing wrong with football I guess, but I sure don't lose any sleep over it.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Just took the cake out, looks good.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Like Hobie's wife, my wife is watching it----alone. Not only do I not watch ANY professional sports, I openly condemm the players to guys I work with. As I am a industrial worker, I get in lots of verbal arguements with the guys. Its got something to do with the reason why the Romans had the gladiators---keep the simple minded occupied.

Sports bore me to no end and the players are in the same group as Hollywood. Thats enough of sports talk--back down to the basement to finish up on the rust blue job on my 336 in 375! Nows THATS exciting! :D -----------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

JustaJeepGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by JustaJeepGuy »

I loathe, detest, and despise football. I also don't watch TV. And I spend WAY too much time on this computer. I need to jump back into the book I was reading yesterday. "At War With The Wind--The Epic Struggle with Japan's World War II Suicide Bombers", by David Sears. Having served on a warship, I can sorta relate....
A man's admiration for absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him.

Alexis de Tocqueville
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

Naah. Last time I watched the Packers lost to the upstart Broncos. The Packers were heavily favored but by the 4th quarter they were sucking wind. The Packer coach let the Broncos score late in the 4th so they'd get the ball back with some time left. But they couldn't get it done.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Don't watch sports and TV is not on tonite. No church today, no power due to the ice storm last week, we baked and cooked for some church families because we got our power back yesterday.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Mokwaw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mokwaw »

Mescalero, a big warm piece of that cake and cold glass milk sure does sound good..... :o
UNITE
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

You like milk!!???
I thought I was the only oddball!
Kansas Ed
Senior Levergunner

Post by Kansas Ed »

The only football game I watch all year....good game tonight...down to the wire. Actually it was Janet Jacksons piercing that got me interested :mrgreen:

Ed
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Sixgun wrote:Like Hobie's wife, my wife is watching it----alone. Not only do I not watch ANY professional sports, I openly condemm the players to guys I work with. As I am a industrial worker, I get in lots of verbal arguements with the guys. Its got something to do with the reason why the Romans had the gladiators---keep the simple minded occupied.

Sports bore me to no end and the players are in the same group as Hollywood. Thats enough of sports talk--back down to the basement to finish up on the rust blue job on my 336 in 375! Nows THATS exciting! :D -----------Sixgun
Circus Maximus... :roll:

The wife got to see the commercials for water cooler talk, I got some good food. It is over.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I don't even know who won and don't care.....I did buy two squares in the Office $1000 Board :mrgreen: I'll find out tomorrow if I won anything....... I really don't like sports....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

The Steelers won! (sorry GK Jr. - I am distantly - and I do mean "distantly" - related to the owner of the Steelers, so I had to route for them! :wink: ).

We watched the game somewhat at a party this evening at a friends. More of an excuse to get together, share food, and good conversation. Had to take off before half-time though as it is a school night for the kids. When we got home my stomach was killing me, so I didn't spend much more time watching it. I did see the last few minutes, and it looked like it was a very exciting game.

While I agree that most professional athlete are horrible role models, and just not good people period, some are truly good Christian men, and live it. Many are active with a bunch of worthy charities. You see men - from opposing teams - praying together before and after the games. In football anyway, some still have class.

Plus, you just have to love the combination of strategy, skill, and brute force that is football. No other sport comes close!
pshort
Levergunner 3.0

Post by pshort »

Oh, was that today?

Paul
"Pain plants the flag of reality in the
fortress of a rebel soul"
Mokwaw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mokwaw »

Mescalero, Milk is my #1 go to drink, followed by water and iced tea. Nothing odd about you, just have good taste..... :D
UNITE
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 20cows »

Who played?
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Mokwaw,
Thanks, good fortune to you & yours.
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

Not only did I not watch the Super Bowl tonight, I have NEVER watched a Super Bowl Game and have no intention of ruining a perfect record in the future.

Who played anyway? Not that I really care, just curious.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

since i'm a steelworker, working in a steelmill,near pittsburgh,i figured i better watch it! exciting game right down to end. the club had alot of food putout,people were going nuts. stayed somewhat sober enough to actually watch the game.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Brought the Projector & Screen from the Office, hooked up the DVD player & watched WALL*E.

Still ate "game food" though. Gotta use the Deep Fryer at least once a year...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
2X22
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 2X22 »

We use it as a family get togather.

Any reason for the family to show up, to see the Grandchild, is WONDERFUL!

2x22
"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." - Thomas Jefferson
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

Ysabel Kid wrote:Plus, you just have to love the combination of strategy, skill, and brute force that is football. No other sport comes close!
Two words YK: ice hockey

And with the exception of a few goons in the league, most of the guys are low-key, stand up guys from what I've seen since I started following it 15 years or so ago.
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

awp101 wrote:
Ysabel Kid wrote:Plus, you just have to love the combination of strategy, skill, and brute force that is football. No other sport comes close!
Two words YK: ice hockey

And with the exception of a few goons in the league, most of the guys are low-key, stand up guys from what I've seen since I started following it 15 years or so ago.
Boxing on ice? You lose the finese in ice hockey. The game winning catch in the end zone is the perfect example. Hockey has more speed to it's game, but because of the speed, the element of strategy is somewhat reduced. Still, the athletes in that sport do seem to have their heads on straight. I will not watch basketball at any level. Thug-ball is a more apt decription...
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

NBC runs another one, I won't watch it.
OJ
Levergunner 3.0

Post by OJ »

You missed a really great game !!

:mrgreen:
OJ KING
SEMPER FI
DUTY, HONOR, COUNTRY
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

While the game was close and had it great moments... I was disappointed by the penalties. I like a well played game, might root for one team or another, but poor sportsmanship is the ruin of many an otherwise fine game.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!