OT--Knob Creek, Kentucky

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

OT--Knob Creek, Kentucky

Post by jkbrea »

I've heard of this shoot but had no idea how big it was. Didn't see any levers but that's ok. Great finale!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vno0OzOFZS0
Idahoser

Re: OT--Knob Creek, Kentucky

Post by Idahoser »

Great family fun, bring the kids that are old enough to wear hearing protection. Don't miss the Night Shoot on Saturday! Great gun show too.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I gotta go take my son to this before it gets banned by the Obamanation!!! :evil:
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Ysabel Kid wrote:I gotta go take my son to this before it gets banned by the Obamanation!!! :evil:
They won't ban it for one or two years...

Gotta get intel on all the attendees first.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

Their website has videos and such too. There is simply no way on earth that a video will give you the sensation you get being there. It's a great way to remember it once you've seen it, though. Like a shuttle launch.

http://machinegunshoot.com/

You can feel the explosions when they hit those drums. I don't mean "hey I felt that" I mean "OH MY G_D WHAT WAS THAT"
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Enjoyed that, thanks :D :D
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
m.wun
Levergunner 3.0

Post by m.wun »

The only Knob Creek I have heard of are those neat bottles with the wax sealing the cork!!!
What in the wild world of sports is going on here
ohio hunter
Levergunner 1.0

Post by ohio hunter »

I have been to a few shoots at Knob Creek. I got to shoot a full auto HK in 7.62X51 Nato. It is such a BLAST!!! One shoot R. Lee Ermy (GUNNY) was there. He went up in a helicopter and played door gunner with an M60 shooting at various targets on the range. Quite a few different informal competitions for subguns,military bolt, military pistol, jungle walk etc. If you have never been 10 feet from a minigun spewing fire and blowing up a 55 gal drum of diesel you just oughta go. Like has been said, one heck of a gunshow/swap meet too.
Jay
You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel.
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

Idahoser wrote:You can feel the explosions when they hit those drums. I don't mean "hey I felt that" I mean "OH MY G_D WHAT WAS THAT"
The one time I got to go, I kept feeling these thumps as I was walking to the line. Saw a guy firing a large rifle from the prone and thought "Man! Even with everything going off around here, I can still feel that .50 firing!"

Finally got close enough to the line to see it was a Lahti 20mm anti-tank rifle... :shock:

Someone close by him had a hand cranked Gatling but I never did find out the caliber.
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

Yeah, Browning .50 was my wife's favorite. (This time I'll try to rent one for her) I was kinda partial to the Miniguns (there were 2) and the old cannons (also 2) we saw.

Man, y'all got me wanting to go back now. April 3 through 5, gotta be there for the Night Shoot on the 4th...

I keep telling people that this stretch with no holidays is a good time to take vacation too...

It's not even all that far from Memphis... Bout the same drive as Tulsa would be, never been to that gun show.

hmmmm...

Either way you simply must see it once. That and a shuttle launch.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

I guess I spent too long in the military. Burning ammo at inanimate targets - even ones that explode - just doesn't have much appeal to me.

Maybe that's why I don't like to shoot at anything but reactive targets at the range either...

six to nine round burst, release. six to nine round burst, release. Yawn... :?
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

Well I was only AF, so I never got enough guns to get bored with them. I did get plenty of jets, but funny thing- I never got bored of that, either. I still watch them fly over. I always did love to fly, even airlines, but I won't pay them for what they do now.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

That was bbbaaaaaaaaaddddddddd :D It sure gives me a reassuring feeling that we still have many like minded individuals in this great nation. Osama ain't got a chance :wink: ---------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

Old Ironsights wrote:I guess I spent too long in the military. Burning ammo at inanimate targets - even ones that explode - just doesn't have much appeal to me.
Same here (except for the exploding part. That never gets boring... :lol: ). I was still at Ft Campbell at the time and kept thinking "A buck a round, no way! I get PAID to do this, no way I'm SPENDING money to do it!"

Now 9 years later I'm thinking I should've ponied up to put a belt through the PKM.... :? :oops:
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at