OT- Archives of "Terry's Texas Rangers" located.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

OT- Archives of "Terry's Texas Rangers" located.

Post by rangerider7 »

I just found this site the other day and since all the talk of the Civil War has come up again I thought it would be helpful. My wife's great-grandfather was a member of "Terry's Texas Rangers" during the Civil War. I'm getting the genealogy and photos ready to update his site. He was in Dave Terry's 8th Calvary that scouted for General Wharton. My Great-grandfathers were with General Longstreet.
http://www.terrystexasrangers.org/
"That'll Be The Day"
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT- Archives of "Terry's Texas Rangers" located.

Post by Modoc ED »

Thanks for the article/link. Pretty interesting.
ED
Yer never too old
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Re: OT- Archives of "Terry's Texas Rangers" located.

Post by Doc Hudson »

I'm sorry, I didn't know you were searching for the 37th Texas Cavalry site or I'd have posted the link. I've had it bookmarked for ages.

GOOFED AGAIN!!!!

The site I have bookmarked is not Terry's Texas Rangers (8th Cavalry, CSA) but Terrell's 37th Texas Cavalry! Sorry about that.

Check it out though, it has lots of information on "Confederates of Color."

http://www.37thtexas.org/
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!