OT - Browning Superposed O/U Shotguns

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

OT - Browning Superposed O/U Shotguns

Post by 6pt-sika »

I was fortunate (I think) to be able to pick up a pair of Browning Superposed shotguns at a public auction today .

One is a 12 gauge skeet that was made in 1963 .

And the other is a 12 MAG which I assume was made in 1969 . The reason I say assume is because it has a "S9" suffix in the seriel number and the Blue Book shows no such suffix ! They show "S8" as 1968 and "S69" as 1969 . I am "assuming" that perhaps in 1969 they marked some of the first ones that year with the "S9" suffix .

Are there any hardcore Browning collectors or accumulaters that can shed some light on this ?

Thanks in advance :wink:
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT - Browning Superposed O/U Shotguns

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Go over to shotgunworld.com and ask them....
Are they Belgium Brownings?
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

RIHMFIRE wrote: Are they Belgium Brownings?

But of course :!:

To the best of my knowledge all "Superposed" Browning shotguns were made in Begium .

They made a model called a "Leige" in between the Superposed and the Citori that I think was also made in Belgium but that was the beginning of the end for normal production O/U shotguns in Begium by Browning . I think they still may make a few there that are called "B-25's" or something like that . But they are not what I would call a standard production item .

Wouldn't have been overly intrested if they had been the Japaneese Citori's although I've owned four or five of those over the years !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Rhimfire , by the way thanks for the website 8)