AMMO SALES

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

AMMO SALES

Post by Rusty »

Jr. told me he heard on the radio this afternoon that ammo sales were up 300% across the U.S. and Florida is selling more than that.

Wonder what's up?
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Re: AMMO SALES

Post by claybob86 »

Imagine that.
Have you hugged your rifle today?
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jaguarundi »

OH it's the Obamanation of the times.Fear buying 8) .
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Rusty wrote:Jr. told me he heard on the radio this afternoon that ammo sales were up 300% across the U.S. and Florida is selling more than that.

Wonder what's up?
We really do need a sarcasm smiley, don't we? Maybe this will do... :roll:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

Post by brucew44guns »

I don't think .32 Win Spcl. is the ammo of choice for terrorists and bandits, but I ordered 10 boxes of Leverevolution from Midway about 5 or 6 weeks ago now, and finally got an e-mail it was on the way a couple days ago. That is a long back-log, shows me they are working OT to keep up with sales.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
Otto
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Otto »

Rusty wrote:Jr. told me he heard on the radio this afternoon that ammo sales were up 300% across the U.S. and Florida is selling more than that.

Wonder what's up?

Ammo bubble.
"...In this present crisis, government isn't the solution to the problem; government is the problem." Ronald Reagan

"...all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed." Declaration of Independence
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Of course the irony of all of this is that eveyone is ordering/buying .22LR, lead, cast bullets, and lead filled jacketed bullets like they are going out of style and before long there is going to be a nation-wide lead ban and nobody will be able to shoot up what they've got.
ED
Yer never too old
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Modoc ED wrote:Of course the irony of all of this is that eveyone is ordering/buying .22LR, lead, cast bullets, and lead filled jacketed bullets like they are going out of style and before long there is going to be a nation-wide lead ban and nobody will be able to shoot up what they've got.
Sure they will. They will just be shooting them at proper moving targets...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Modoc ED wrote:Of course the irony of all of this is that eveyone is ordering/buying .22LR, lead, cast bullets, and lead filled jacketed bullets like they are going out of style and before long there is going to be a nation-wide lead ban and nobody will be able to shoot up what they've got.
Oh yes you will...

PS - Beat me to it Bryan! :lol:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Hmmm, didn't you guys get the memo?

:wink:
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

This stuff I'm stocking up on ain't for hunting or recreational shooting :wink: I'll bet I see the day a box of .22 = a tank of gas.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
okdee
Levergunner 2.0

Post by okdee »

I was invited to a Houston Gun Collectors Assocation meeting last night and heard some interesting talks. One of them, was a gentleman that attended the Shot Show in Florida, and gave a small report on the highlights that he noted. It may or may not impact availablity of new lever action rifles. This gentleman said that he questioned a number of gun manufactorers about the AR rifles and potential backlogging of orders for them. The answer seemed to be pretty much the same across the board, if you order now, you might get your rifle in a year! Maybe! :o

He did mention a few company names of which I do not recall.

I know that I am having a tougher time finding ammo, powder, primers and brass, here in the Houston area. I did find a can of SR4759 that I am leaving to go and get. I may ask what they have left of other types.

I think if I head out to some outlaying smaller towns, I maybe able to locate some of these items. But, reloading ingrediants seem to be shrinking down to fewer big companies, not smaller gun stores. Just my perception, not really valid in any sort of way. :wink:
FAMILY
NRA LIFE
TSRA
SASS
HGCA
Life is Grand! Live it!

OKDEE
Warhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Warhawk »

Went by Cabela's in Fort Worth for the first time in a month, they have plenty of ammo. .22 LR, .223, pretty much anything you might need.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Warhawk wrote:Went by Cabela's in Fort Worth for the first time in a month, they have plenty of ammo. .22 LR, .223, pretty much anything you might need.
:evil: Bunch'a Texas Rebels... :mrgreen:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

My son tells me ammo and reloading componets are non existent in Colorado. Here in Pa., everything is available. My buddy Tom buys his ammo by the pallet and has a store full of it. Black guns? In AR's, he has the full line of S&W, Remington, Bushmaster, and Colt, even the hard to get 6920 Law Enforcement. Sig's, Lewis, and M1a's grace the gun racks--------and its all selling like hotcakes.

He sure has been in a good mood lately--even offered me an unfired Colt SAA 2nd gen., made in 1964 for 12. I declined, deciding to save my money for the new Colt 6940 L.E.----------------------------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

I've heard of "making a run on the bank", but never "a run on ammo"!
I think it's wonderful!

bogie
Sadly, "Political Correctness" is the most powerful religion in America, and it has ruined our society.
CEMENTHEAD
Levergunner 3.0

Post by CEMENTHEAD »

:shock: Went to the local Wally world.....the ammo shelves are almost bare. Save a few boxes of Winchester "White Box" 44mag and bulk pack 22lr, it was a sad sight. Of course I bought the 44's....all of 'em :D Definately people who are scared buying right now. Thanks, Tom
War sees no color, sex, or ethnic background - wars only see blood shed by our heroes for our freedoms.

I Am An American! Fighting for our Country and our way of life.

Fourth Generation Veteran and Proud !!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Had I not saved a penny last year, and spent it all on guns and ammunition, I would have a bunch of guns to show for it (and hopefully a bit less ammunition than I purchased :wink: ) instead of a big hole where my 401K used to be.

Still can't convince the wife that this should be our plan for the next few years!
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

Sixgun wrote:My son tells me ammo and reloading componets are non existent in Colorado. Sixgun

I've noticed that too. :?
Have you hugged your rifle today?
turnkey
Levergunner 1.0

Post by turnkey »

There's plenty of gun fodder at the local Wallyworld and the little shops up here. I can't speak for below the Bridge, though. Unfortunenately, not much is .348 :(
"Every day a holiday, every meal a feast, every paycheck a treasure."
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

Can't seem to locate powder that I like to use around here. Plenty of stuff I don't use though. Could use 8lbs of H4895...all I can find is IMR4895 in 1# cans. I'll use it in a pinch, but like the "Extreme" factor of the Hodgdons. Picked up a keg of Unique as the delivery guy walked "1" keg into the door and owner showed me the shipping order from the broker that the remainder of his powder order will be delayed 6 to 8 weeks. Beats adjusting for the weather.

Absolutely no bullet availability at Sportsmans Warehouse, Cabela's, or Gander Mountain. Local shops are hit and miss. Just picked up a few more moulds (now have a total of 13 different ones and most can be sized down for multiple calibers) yesterday at Lee and had 2000# of wheel weights delivered to my buddies shop, picking up a 1000# rolled strip tin(97.9%) tomorrow. Gas checks are back ordered at Hornady, might have to make my own. Heard a guy on E-bay sells gas check die stamps.