Browning B92 wood stocks

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
haddon1
Levergunner

Browning B92 wood stocks

Post by haddon1 »

Hi, Has anybody upgraded their gunstocks "nice american hardwood" on their Browning B92 44 mag? If you did where did you get them or where did you have them done? With all the B92s out there you would think some stockmaker would have replacement stocks for that gun. Maybe Precision stocks would use their CNC machine to make some If there was enough interest. Anyone have any ideas. Thanks BOB
blackhawk44
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Browning B92 wood stocks

Post by blackhawk44 »

Haven't heard anything about Precision in Kerrville since the fire. Check on Wenigs and Gunstocks.com.
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

BOB,

The B92s came with "seasoned French Walnut" wood. Mine are pretty nice. In fact, my mine look like fine office furniture! :lol: Are you upgrading by putting on "nice american hardwood" (SIC)? ...or, do you think that your B92 has "nice american hardwood"(SIC) on it already?

Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
Warhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Warhawk »

I had to shake my head at the 'American Hardwood UPGRADE?' myself.

I'm pretty happy with the French Walnut on my old B92.

Str8man
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Str8man »

I had two B92's back in the 90's one in .357 and one in .44 mag. (could kick myself in the butt for getting rid of them now)
I removed the gold plating from the triggers and re-blued them and soaked the stocks in paint stripper (no sanding) to take that thick hard high gloss finish off the wood and then stained the wood with Laurel Mountain Forge "Antique Walnut" stain and put a hand rubbed linseed oil finish on them.
They turned out really nice and looked exactly like "American" Walnut.
It was lots easier than buying and fitting new wood.
I'd like to thank President B.O. and Ms Pelosi.........
I'm using My stimulus check to stimulate the gun industry!
haddon1
Levergunner

Post by haddon1 »

Hi. I have four B92 all different years everyone has wood that is so soft any touch by anything they will leave big dent. Good Anerican hardwood doesn't dent like that. I want to switch mine out to wood more user friendly.