Winchester lever on NCIS tonight!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Winchester lever on NCIS tonight!

Post by 20cows »

I just watched NCIS from tonight (I had recorded it earlier in the evening). Mark Harmon ended up on a horse in the Arizona desert being shot at by a badguy in a helocopter with a machinegun. The local sheriff had just been shot off his horse and Harmon rides to the sheriff's horse and snags a levergun from a saddle scabbard. The rifle is a gorgeous new 26" octagon-barreled model 76 Winchester (I got a real good look in slo-mo)!

He stepped off his horse, takes a stance, raises the tang sight and squeezes off a shot, taking out the the pilot and saving the day.

Pretty cool.
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: Winchester lever on NCIS tonight!

Post by Griff »

Oh great! Now I don't hafta watch it! :twisted: Just kiddin', I'm recordin' it at home & won't see it for a coupla weeks, by then I'll have forgot & be surprised! Neat how that sorta works out in Hollywierd! :mrgreen:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Barcelona Rick
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Barcelona Rick »

Did you catch the sheriff calling it a "HENRY"....

jumbeaux
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

That's funny. In Crossfire Trail his character was killed by an 1876.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 20cows »

Did you catch the sheriff calling it a "HENRY"....
I also noticed the sheriff, who was giving Dinozo a hard time about being a greenhorn, didn't know how to properly mount a horse himself!
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

NCIS wasn't on around here. The "Anointed One's" Congressional report was far too important to not televise. I worked outside 'til it was over. :x
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
ndcowboy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ndcowboy »

The sheriff definitely called it a Henry, but it was certainly a Winchester.
The scene was pretty good until, under machine-gun fire, the guy reaches up to adjust the sight before taking the shot. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Dang, I glanced up from my crossword puzzle and thought it was a brand new Marlin, complete with checkered stock and tang peep. Jethro very carefully caressed the aperture disk before taking his shot and shooting/killing the helicopter pilot.

Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
JB
Senior Levergunner

Post by JB »

I thought it was funny how he knew exactly where to slide the rear aperture on a rifle he'd never fired before. Especially on a helicopter flying towards him! Of course the sheriff did warn him "it pulls a might to the left".
41 Redhawk
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 41 Redhawk »

I don't think he adjusted the sight. I believe he just wiped it with his thumb.
The Lord Bless You

Terry
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

Jethro's the man, he's "almost" as good as Jack Bauer. :lol:
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

Wasn't the character a Marine sniper in a previous life?

I was pretty disappointed a week or two ago, when Ziva tried out a Beretta and being such a stone cold killer and all, she fires a couple rounds, then turns around facing her audience, sweeping the muzzle across all of them, THEN racks the slide to remove the last round...

I usually like this show but that didn't do me much good.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

That artist Gal, Rici?, had a lever, too.....I thought maybe a 9422, or Henry (maybe that's where he got the idea to say Henry?). Gibbs is my favorite tough dude on TV, but Ziva refuses to answer my phone calls :cry: :mrgreen:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

I caught the "Henry" remark too but as soon as Jethro pulled the rifle from the scabbard, it was clear that it wasn't a "Henry".
ED
Yer never too old
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

JB wrote:I thought it was funny how he knew exactly where to slide the rear aperture on a rifle he'd never fired before. Especially on a helicopter flying towards him! Of course the sheriff did warn him "it pulls a might to the left".
I'm going to assume it had the rotating aperture disk and he needed a larger hole to focus.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Jack Bauer slipped a Glock to somebody a couple years ago and told her to be sure to take the safety off before shooting it :lol:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

BlaineG wrote:That artist Gal, Rici?, had a lever, too.....I thought maybe a 9422, or Henry (maybe that's where he got the idea to say Henry?). Gibbs is my favorite tough dude on TV, but Ziva refuses to answer my phone calls :cry: :mrgreen:
That girl is younger than your daughter! :wink: But, yeah, she's wicked cute.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
JustaJeepGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by JustaJeepGuy »

BlaineG wrote:Jack Bauer slipped a Glock to somebody a couple years ago and told her to be sure to take the safety off before shooting it :lol:
An actor just says what the scriptwriter writes. Maybe if the actor knows better, he/she will get the script changed.
A man's admiration for absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Hobie wrote:
BlaineG wrote:That artist Gal, Rici?, had a lever, too.....I thought maybe a 9422, or Henry (maybe that's where he got the idea to say Henry?). Gibbs is my favorite tough dude on TV, but Ziva refuses to answer my phone calls :cry: :mrgreen:
I don't think so.......she played in Mambo King ten or more years ago and looked about the same......Daughter is only 23 :wink:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I know how ya feel, Blaine, Abby hasn't returned any of my phone calls either!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Isn't Mark Harmon Pro Gun Control? I can't rember. I hope I'm remembering this wrong.

Just burns me when the anti gunners forget their "Beliefs" when it comes to a pay check.

jb
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
JB
Senior Levergunner

Post by JB »

41 Redhawk wrote:I don't think he adjusted the sight. I believe he just wiped it with his thumb.
You may be right. I thought he moved it, but I may wrong.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

JustaJeepGuy wrote:
BlaineG wrote:Jack Bauer slipped a Glock to somebody a couple years ago and told her to be sure to take the safety off before shooting it :lol:
An actor just says what the scriptwriter writes. Maybe if the actor knows better, he/she will get the script changed.

Yea I know, wishful thinking.
Those guys are "not" Tom Sellick. :D
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

BlaineG wrote:
Hobie wrote:
I don't think so.......she played in Mambo King ten or more years ago and looked about the same......Daughter is only 23 :wink:
My apologies, Cote de Pablo's DOB is 12 November 1979 (Santiago, Chile). That makes her 29. She is younger than MY daughters... :lol:
Sincerely,

Hobie

cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

Hobie wrote:
BlaineG wrote:
Hobie wrote:
My apologies, Cote de Pablo's DOB is 12 November 1979 (Santiago, Chile). That makes her 29. She is younger than MY daughters... :lol:
Thanks Hobie for making us all feel old. :lol:
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

casastahle wrote:Thanks Hobie for making us all feel old. :lol:
Sorry about that! :oops:

Actually, I have to remember that I'm the age I am. From this side of this face I feel pretty young. :roll:

The other day a young lady was chatting with me and squeezed my elbow, very friendly like. Of course I had to brag to my friend about it. His IMMEDIATE response was, "Hobie! She was just trying to keep you from falling over!" :lol:
Sincerely,

Hobie

Abilene
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Abilene »

Guys, I believe I have to side w/ the Sheriff. I'm still laughin' over them cockroach killer boots he was wearin'. Not that I never wore 'em myself, but that was back in '73. Abilene
ceb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by ceb »

Hobie, maybe you need to post a new pic of yourself, instead of that old one we've been lookin at for years! :evil:
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

ceb wrote:Hobie, maybe you need to post a new pic of yourself, instead of that old one we've been lookin at for years! :evil:
But that's me. I still look the same.... :lol: If you want something pretty you're going to have to look elsewhere (but then, that's ALWAYS been true).
Sincerely,

Hobie

Barcelona Rick
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Barcelona Rick »

I've been letting my hair and beard grow out for the past 10 months and have noticed that the younger ladies are much friendlier. So I'm bragging to my bride of 32 years and she kinda yawns. So we go to a really nice dance and I visit with the ladies most of the evening. The bride comes over and my ego is getting bigger by the visit. The bride suggests that I ask one of the babes to explain their kindness. Course I know it is my rugged good looks. II pick out a knock out...we visit awhile and I pop the question......she smiles and says "My daddy always told me to be friendly to the elderly".....my bride almost had to have oxygen. Then the knock out asks my age, I'm 10 years older than her daddy. She gives me a hug and reminds me where I am and lets me know that its past my bedtime. Being a real man I have a glass of buttermilk and go home. By the way my wife drives cause it is past my bedtime.

jumbeaux
gak
Senior Levergunner

Post by gak »

Maybe just my imagination, but I'm going to try to find a copy to verify, but I swear that gun started as a 94 carbine the woman shot - and was later in her scabard - before ending up as the fancy octagonal/tang sight set up Harmon shot!
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

gak wrote:Maybe just my imagination, but I'm going to try to find a copy to verify, but I swear that gun started as a 94 carbine the woman shot - and was later in her scabard - before ending up as the fancy octagonal/tang sight set up Harmon shot!
I think Mira Furlin did have a 94 but that was earlier.... Want me to get a screen shot of it for you? Ok, here it is...
Sincerely,

Hobie

Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Some of you guy's thoughts are getting awful close to robbing the Image
ED
Yer never too old
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Modoc ED wrote:Some of you guy's thoughts are getting awful close to robbing the Image
Mira Furlin is in her 40s now. I've noted the other young lady's age...
Sincerely,

Hobie

Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Hobie wrote:
Modoc ED wrote:Some of you guy's thoughts are getting awful close to robbing the Image
Mira Furlin is in her 40s now. I've noted the other young lady's age...
For a guy of my age (65), yearning for a gal in her 40s is pretty much the same as robbing the cradle. :lol:
ED
Yer never too old
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 20cows »

Hey, all I mentioned was the leverguns and they were beauts no matter what the actors lines were!
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

I see the Ziva vs Abbey question has raised it's head. Imagine, once it was Ginger or Mary Ann, now Ziva or Abbey. Personally I don't think there's a looser in the bunch. But given my druthers, I have to pick Mary Ann and Ziva.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Mark Harmons a worm. Him knocking a machine guy out with an '76 reminds me of the time when 4 guys were shooting at Barnaby Jones (Buddy Ebson) with '94 Winchesters from behind cover and Barnaby whips out a .38 snubby and shoots from the hip and kills all 4 guys from 50 yards away. Hollywood jerks.-------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

Sixgun wrote:Mark Harmons a worm. Him knocking a machine guy out with an '76 reminds me of the time when 4 guys were shooting at Barnaby Jones (Buddy Ebson) with '94 Winchesters from behind cover and Barnaby whips out a .38 snubby and shoots from the hip and kills all 4 guys from 50 yards away. Hollywood jerks.-------------Sixgun
Now that's not fair. The Harmon character was a bad butt Marine. "blessed is he who when bullets are flying all around can focus on the front sight", or something like that. We all know the full auto is abused in TV, I thought the situation worked pretty well. (you're gonna die anyway, try to be calm and get it right)
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

Next on the BAN list... lever action rifles. The preferred weapon for shooting down helicopters.
(they saw it on Tv so it must be true)
Slow is just slow.
Jacko
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Jacko »

Thanks fella's :x were a bit behind downunder - just watched the episode a few weeks back where Ziva shoots her 1/2 brother the assasin . Abby's the hottie , cracks me up Dinozo and Ziva's running power struggle .

regards Jacko
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

Guys & gals,

The Henry Repeating Arms Web site is reporting this rifle as a Henry rifle, along with a couple of vague photos :!: :

http://www.henryrepeating.com/henrynews_090311_ncis.cfm

11 March. 2009

Henry makes a surprise appearance on NCIS

The latest episode of the CBS Drama NCIS, starring Mark Harmon, features Henry!

The episode is called "South By Soutwest"... "The death of a NCIS agent leads Gibbs and Tony into the desert to locate a woman who holds the answer to the mystery". The exciting final seen features a wounded marshall instructing Harmon to "Get the Henry!". Which he proceeds to use to down the helicopter of the "bad guy"!

Watch the episode free at the CBS web site... but promise to wait for the Henry!

Henry RAC does not say that it is one of theirs, though. :x

Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 20cows »

Nope, it's a '76!
pharmseller
Senior Levergunner

Post by pharmseller »

Geez, I wish I had your problem. The girl won't leave me alone! I learned my lesson after that "thing" with Ashley Judd. Unlike last time I was very up front about not wanting to get serious, just keep it light, you know? I told her from the beginning that I was "good time only" and she should just move on if she couldn't handle it. She promised that she just wanted to have a few laughs but noooooo, she had to go all misty eyed.
They're all the same. Cathy Zeta-Jones, Charlize, Cheryl...

But I can't blame them, not really. I mean, once you go Pharmseller you never go back.

P
We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on the one hand, of overwhelming power on the other.

General George C. Marshall, 1942
41 Redhawk
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 41 Redhawk »

pharmseller wrote:
Geez, I wish I had your problem. The girl won't leave me alone! I learned my lesson after that "thing" with Ashley Judd. Unlike last time I was very up front about not wanting to get serious, just keep it light, you know? I told her from the beginning that I was "good time only" and she should just move on if she couldn't handle it. She promised that she just wanted to have a few laughs but noooooo, she had to go all misty eyed.
They're all the same. Cathy Zeta-Jones, Charlize, Cheryl...

But I can't blame them, not really. I mean, once you go Pharmseller you never go back.

P
Well, if gonna dream, dream big! :lol:
The Lord Bless You

Terry
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

pharmseller said:
That's because they're too sick to travel !!! :lol:
ED
Yer never too old