Gunshow in Abilene

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Gunshow in Abilene

Post by 20cows »

Texas. It was very well attended and you could tell by the prices that the current political climate set the tone instead of a shaky economy!

I saw quite a few levers scattered throughout the room including a fair number of Savage 99s and even one Winchester 88. On one table was an original Winchester model '66 rifle (only $14 grand).

The funniest one I saw was somebody else's version of a puzzle gun. It was 1895 vintage '92 receiver that was heavily pitted attached to decent carbine wood. The barrel was much newer and sported a later model 94 sight ramp just behind a homemade front barrel band. The magazine tube plug (small caliber) was obviously turned on a lathe. They were only asking $1200 for this baby!

At the end of the day I came out with a sack of .38-55 brass the guy had not remarked a price on since the recent "surge" in price, some '06 brass and 4000 primers of various sizes. Two or three venders brought a BUNCH of primers.

There were large numbers of EBRs in the AR format.