Marlin Service.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Marlin Service.

Post by .45colt »

I have wanted a 45-70 for around thirty years. today I picked up the 1895 I won on Gunbroker at my ffl. getting it home and cleaning it up I found a small chip (1/16") where the top of the wood meets the receiver right at the top tang.also the rear sling stud isn't centered in the stock but off to one side of center.
I start getting real upset and then remember several posts I read here over the years. I call the toll-free number in the owners manual. had to wait on hold for around two minutes. A well spoken Women takes My call, listens patiently,takes all the information and My address and tells Me that another buttstock will be sent right out no charge.This is a win-win for Me.
Usually when I call a company with a problem I get someone from a forign country that I can never understand. In todays less than perfect world I am extremley pleased with Marlin. Great Service.
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Re: Marlin Service.

Post by Jaguarundi »

Congrats on the 1895.You'll luv it.Marlin's customer service is without a doubt first class. :)
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
dbateman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by dbateman »

i have heard good things about Marlin customer service as well
looking forward to the rang report :D
Dave Bateman .

If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words, matches cause fires and spoons make Rosie O'Donnell fat.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

No surprise - Marlin is a great company to work with, and your experience mirrors my own! :D
ohwin94_61
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ohwin94_61 »

How is Marlin since Remington took them over?
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Ysabel Kid wrote:No surprise - Marlin is a great company to work with, and your experience mirrors my own! :D
Yep, Marlin worked for months with "Ysable Kid" trying to get the "Kid's" rifle to shoot better until Marlin finally realized that it wasn't the rifle. "Ysable Kid" simply can't shoot worth a darn!!! :lol:

It's the first and only time Marlin has ever sent a "Waste of Time" bill to a customer. :mrgreen:

Just funnin. :)
ED
Yer never too old