I Give Up....."They" Won

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blaine
Posting leader...

I Give Up....."They" Won

Post by Blaine »

Well, I think Sara Brady and Obama and all of them are near victory on the gun issues. Instead of the brown shirts taking them from me, I decided to accept an offer of 1000 dollars and some fishing rods and reels for all of my handguns and rifles.... I kept the black powder rifle, it's still gonna be legal, I think. It's gonna be the right thing to do for the children.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Re: I Give Up....."They" Won

Post by stretch »

Happy April Fool's Day!!!!! :lol:
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

?????????????????????????????
45-70 (the govt. to trust!!)

Two things I love:
The NRA :D
Ted Nugent :D
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

You and me too! :D
Bear 45/70

Post by Bear 45/70 »

madman4570 wrote:?????????????????????????????
45-70 (the govt. to trust!!)

Two things I love:
The NRA :D
Ted Nugent :D

"That's 45/70 Government, the only government I trust."
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

I don't think even black powder guns will be legal. Well, the guns may be, but you won't be able to get powder. I sold ALL my guns and am going back to a longbow for all my hunting.
NRA Life Member
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

TedH wrote:I don't think even black powder guns will be legal. Well, the guns may be, but you won't be able to get powder. I sold ALL my guns and am going back to a longbow for all my hunting.
That's ok... I'm a pretty good jackleg chemist. Among other things I can make both BP AND fulminates... :twisted:
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Guns, what guns?
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

I bought all his guns and I'm gonna use 'em to shoot fish, since I don't have any more fishing rods!
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

Ysabel Kid wrote:Guns, what guns?
You know, those dangerous things silly people used to own. I can't believe how un-civilized our nation used to be. :roll:
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Andrew wrote:
You know, those dangerous things silly people used to own. I can't believe how un-civilized our nation used to be. :roll:
I know what you mean I am sure glad I saw the errors of my sinfull ways and sold all my evil guns.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Old Ironsights wrote:
TedH wrote:I don't think even black powder guns will be legal. Well, the guns may be, but you won't be able to get powder. I sold ALL my guns and am going back to a longbow for all my hunting.
That's ok... I'm a pretty good jackleg chemist. Among other things I can make both BP AND fulminates... :twisted:
Howdy Neighbor!!!!!!! :wink: :mrgreen:
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Old Ironsights wrote:
HEY! That stuff causes cancer in lab rats.........
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Jacko
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Jacko »

Don't wimp out on this fella's buy giving away your firearms you are playing right into their outstretched arms .

In 95 prime minister of Australia Little Johhny Howard a man your GW described as a man of steel ????????????? turned millions of law abiding citizens into criminals if they did not comply with droconion restrictions on all firearms . Folks handed in hundreds of thousands [ perhaps a few million ] of firearms for destruction in a deceitfull gun buy back , they severly restricted or outlawed a few firearm action types [ like pump action shotguns and semi auto .22's ] and introduced a licencing system with prof of a genuine reason to own a firearms requirmentas thats designed to be a detterent to the shooting sports . Pistols - forget em , competition only and if you don't attend the required quanity of range sessons and matches - kiss em bye bye , there are Australian international competition pistol shooters that have moved off shore to pursue their sport as it's too hard to practice here .

Back in 95/6 the media went into a frenzy peddling lies about the character of firearms owners , demonised us , told so many lies about how firearms control means less crime [ you know the story ] Imagine in late 2008 the egg on the faces of the Authorities when fresh statistics the media did not want to broadcast widely showed that since firearms restrictions where introduced crime rates have increased . Thankfully Sporting Shooters have rallied and firearms ownership is increasing in Australia , hunting is increasing , participation in shooting sports is increasing . The new laws did / have affected the development of international standard shooters but we are catching up again . A child under 12 can not handle or shoot a firearm legally . The huge majority of firearms used in crime have been obtained through the black market , never been registered or are stolen . Getting cranky now - enough

regards Jacko
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Jacko wrote:Don't wimp out on this fella's buy giving away your firearms you are playing right into their outstretched arms .

In 95 prime minister of Australia Little Johhny Howard a man your GW described as a man of steel ????????????? turned millions of law abiding citizens into criminals if they did not comply with droconion restrictions on all firearms . Folks handed in hundreds of thousands [ perhaps a few million ] of firearms for destruction in a deceitfull gun buy back , they severly restricted or outlawed a few firearm action types [ like pump action shotguns and semi auto .22's ] and introduced a licencing system with prof of a genuine reason to own a firearms requirmentas thats designed to be a detterent to the shooting sports . Pistols - forget em , competition only and if you don't attend the required quanity of range sessons and matches - kiss em bye bye , there are Australian international competition pistol shooters that have moved off shore to pursue their sport as it's too hard to practice here .

Back in 95/6 the media went into a frenzy peddling lies about the character of firearms owners , demonised us , told so many lies about how firearms control means less crime [ you know the story ] Imagine in late 2008 the egg on the faces of the Authorities when fresh statistics the media did not want to broadcast widely showed that since firearms restrictions where introduced crime rates have increased . Thankfully Sporting Shooters have rallied and firearms ownership is increasing in Australia , hunting is increasing , participation in shooting sports is increasing . The new laws did / have affected the development of international standard shooters but we are catching up again . A child under 12 can not handle or shoot a firearm legally . The huge majority of firearms used in crime have been obtained through the black market , never been registered or are stolen . Getting cranky now - enough

regards Jacko

But I'm sure your crime rate has dropped dramatically, right? :roll:
NRA Life Member
mklwhite
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mklwhite »

JReed wrote:
Andrew wrote:
I know what you mean I am sure glad I saw the errors of my sinfull ways and sold all my evil guns.
I'm glad there are people on this site like me. Heck, the only reason I keep buying ammo is to keep it out of the hands of people who might do something foolish with it. I then dispose of it in a controlled and safe manner.
winchester1886
Levergunner 2.0

Post by winchester1886 »

He looked down into her brown eyes and said say a prayer for me
She threw her arms around him whispered GOD will keep us free
They could hear the riders coming he said this is my last fight
If they take me back to Texas they won't take me back alive.
SJPrice
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SJPrice »

I think Al Gore is drafting legislation for BP rifles that will require the smoke and fumes to be recovered and re-burned over and over until they are safe to breath. Kind of like and EGR valve on a diesel.
Always Drink Upstream From The Herd
Jacko
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Jacko »

TedH , Crime rates are about the only business still growing in Australia in this economic downturn , society is not as polite as it was in the mid 90's either . Thats not conected directed to the droconian gun laws but it is connected to a sick society desperatly gasping to blame something instead of taking responsibility for its own failures . Show me one case in history were prohibition or restriction has ever solved the issue at hand without driving it underground .

One shinning light that I find ironic is that an Australian right wing government took our firearms away and a Aussie left wing government today is handing out cash in the 3rd round of an economic stimulous package that a great many Australian shooters are using to buy themselves new firearms . Mind you opportunities to use them either hunting or on the range are getting scarse . In the state where I live duck hunting has recently been completly banned and the authorities would rather rely on a baiting programe in state forests to control feral animals than allow shooters access

regards Jacko
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

In all honesty what the heck is going on in this country you guys?
I know things seemed a little skewed over the last several
years,but look at whats going on now. I dont really understand where all the countries money(meaning we are the country)has gone!!
Some butt can steal 60 billion,screw thousands of lives over and he
is walking around,WAITING IN HIS PENTHOUSE FOR A TRIAL SOMEDAY.

Now were going to give in to N.Korea so they can try their missles and be sure they can blow us to hell.How about them getting/ having those special bombs that when placed at 3 desired areas ALL of our countries electronics including cars,trucks,ect.STOPS*possibly even our own defense weapons.(hell now they even want all our guns so if something does happen all we will have for protection are rocks we can find providing its daylight.(remember no electricity will work even batteries) THINKING BACK ________________

Back in the 70,s when going to school(and taking my rifle somtimes)
yes, because being School Rifle Club ,when 1 parent worked and Mom could stay home and raise the kids right and you did not
say stuff to your parents/teachers/bigger kidsetc. our they would ruin your day! Life was good!! I wonder about our future and would
value your opinion on what you think the future will present!!!
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Well, It happened again!This time In Binghamton,NY
The city right by the town I live at, there was a shooting
that killed at least 13-15 people and wounded 4 or so at a civic
center.(a place that helps imigrants coming into our country)
How do you prevent some WACKOO from killing a bunch of innocent people? This state has about of the most restrictive Gun Laws in the country.EXAMPLE:No non-resident cannot no matter what get a CWP and they are even very hard to get for the residents that live within that state.
When are they going to wake up and ALLOW good law abiding
citizens to be able to have authority to PROTECT THEMSELVES.
The police cant because they are responders to the crime "usually
too late".They try as hard as they can and they s/b thanked for that and what they do.
I just feel that if a few of those poor innocent people had a concealed weapon available they would have killed that P.O.S.
instead of being caged in that building and made to be human targets.
Myself living just on the state line in PA(just minutes from that
location where the shooting took place it really strikes home!
Unless that state can provide 24/7 armed guard protection every
day for every person in that state,they sure as hell should allow
people to be able to PROTECT THEMSELVES/FAMILY.
Until the stuff hits the fan and people get these laws changed I am
afraid more of this same terrible crazyness will continue.
I pray for those poor families of the victims of this terrible
ordeal.
dbateman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by dbateman »

Jacko wrote:TedH , Crime rates are about the only business still growing in Australia in this economic downturn , society is not as polite as it was in the mid 90's either . Thats not conected directed to the droconian gun laws but it is connected to a sick society desperatly gasping to blame something instead of taking responsibility for its own failures . Show me one case in history were prohibition or restriction has ever solved the issue at hand without driving it underground .

One shinning light that I find ironic is that an Australian right wing government took our firearms away and a Aussie left wing government today is handing out cash in the 3rd round of an economic stimulous package that a great many Australian shooters are using to buy themselves new firearms . Mind you opportunities to use them either hunting or on the range are getting scarse . In the state where I live duck hunting has recently been completly banned and the authorities would rather rely on a baiting programe in state forests to control feral animals than allow shooters access

regards Jacko
+1 Jacko Im thinking very seriously about leaving Australia just dont really no where to go..........any idea????
Dave Bateman .

If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words, matches cause fires and spoons make Rosie O'Donnell fat.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

The Rural center part of Pennsylvania.
Dont get to close to the New York border!!!!

The Pa people wont give up their guns no matter what !!

I dont know how long it will take though coming from out of the
country to be able to have/possess a firearm????????
You s/b able to find out though!
Bear 45/70

Post by Bear 45/70 »

The great Northwest, anything north of the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia and west of Kansas, Nebraska, North and South Dakota is good. Even though I favor Oregon and Washington, Idaho has to many nut cases and extremist.
JustaJeepGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by JustaJeepGuy »

madman4570 wrote:Some butt can steal 60 billion,screw thousands of lives over and he
is walking around,WAITING IN HIS PENTHOUSE FOR A TRIAL SOMEDAY.
You may be pleased to know he ISN'T waiting for a trial; he pleaded guilty to avoid a trial and has been sentenced to 150 years in prison. Well, maybe a "club Fed" prison, but he's not in a penthouse...
A man's admiration for absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him.

Alexis de Tocqueville
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

justajeepguy,

Ya your right, I was just so sick of that stuff I didnt
stay up on that topic lately .Hopefully someone in jail will
take real good care of him.
JustaJeepGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by JustaJeepGuy »

We can only hope... :twisted:
A man's admiration for absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Bruce Scott
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bruce Scott »

Jacko wrote: In 95 prime minister of Australia Little Johhny Howard a man your GW described as a man of steel ????????????? turned millions of law abiding citizens into criminals if they did not comply with droconion restrictions on all firearms.

Back in 95/6 the media went into a frenzy peddling lies about the character of firearms owners , demonised us , told so many lies about how firearms control means less crime [ you know the story ] Imagine in late 2008 the egg on the faces of the Authorities when fresh statistics the media did not want to broadcast widely showed that since firearms restrictions where introduced crime rates have increased . regards Jacko
They - the government and the media - will continue to claim success because there have been no mass shootings, and a general decline in other firearms deaths, since the legislation was introduced. http://tobacco.health.usyd.edu.au/site/ ... revent.pdf