OT-what would you do if you won the lottery

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Jason_W
Senior Levergunner

OT-what would you do if you won the lottery

Post by Jason_W »

For enough money that you would be set for life?

The first thing I would do is get a T-shirt printed up that reads, "Forget you, I'm rich now" (only it wouldn't be "Forget you" :wink: ) and I'd wear it to work. every time one of my superiors asked me to do something asinine and beyond the job description, I'd point to the shirt. What are they gonna do? fire me?

After that I'd buy a nice big chunk of land in the Downeast region of Maine and spend the rest of my life hunting, fishing, and playing guitar on my porch.

Hey, a guy can dream.
My first attempt at an outdoors website: http://www.diyballistics.com
Ysabel Kid

Re: OT-what would you do if you won the lottery

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Buy a lot of land in the most gun-friendly state I could find, build a small but very defensible home, flip off the government and wait for the comming storm...
Jason_W
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jason_W »

Ysabel Kid wrote:Buy a lot of land in the most gun-friendly state I could find, build a small but very defensible home, flip off the government and wait for the comming storm...
Believe it or not, Vermont is the most gun friendly state in the nation. No permit required for CCW. Property taxes are insane, though.
My first attempt at an outdoors website: http://www.diyballistics.com
alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Post by alnitak »

Ysabel Kid wrote:Buy a lot of land in the most gun-friendly state I could find, build a small but very defensible home, flip off the government and wait for the comming storm...
+1. Make my home off the grid, with geothermal, solar, etc. power. Underground shooting range and shelter. Land backs onto National forest so thousands of acres for supplies and to get lost in. Load up on guitar strings, books and reload supplies. Then wait...
"From birth 'til death...we travel between the eternities." -- Print Ritter in Broken Trail
Noah Zark
Senior Levergunner

Post by Noah Zark »

I'd find a competent financial advisor and get an unlisted phone number.

I'd continue to work at the same job. I like what I do, and I'm the kind of person that has to have something to do. The thought of retirement scares me.

I'd continue to drive my 2000 Outback Wagon with 107K miles and counting. I HATE buying a new vehicle.

I'd make some large donations to a number of charities, probably in the form of annuities so it would be the "gift that keeps on giving."

I'd send some anonymous four-digit checks or other instruments to families who have suffered a fire, flood, or other loss, or have massive medical bills.

I'd fund a couple scholarships.

I'd set up some educational trust funds for my future grandkids.

I may travel a bit more.

I'd buy a full auto BAR. :lol: Maybe not. I'm getting to the age where some things in life are more important than "things."

That's about it.

BUT . . . I never play the lottery, so none of it's going to happen.

Noah
Might as well face it, you're addicted to guns . . .
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

alnitak wrote: +1. Make my home off the grid, with geothermal, solar, etc. power. Underground shooting range and shelter. Land backs onto National forest so thousands of acres for supplies and to get lost in. Load up on guitar strings, books and reload supplies. Then wait...
Similar here, only I'd do it in a populated rural community where you can see houses on all sides. Safety in numbers. I can't watch all sides 24/7/365. Need help. + I'd get back into gardening and caring for laying hens.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
dkmlever
Levergunner 3.0

Post by dkmlever »

Contact a GREAT tax and investment guy, get an unlisted phone, give some to charities, and family then take my best buddies on a top notch guided elk hunt. Oh yeah, I would spring for the scotch for the trip.
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

I'd buy some land in the mountains, install all equipment to be totally self suficient - well, wind generators, backup gas generator, big greenhouse, chicken coop, etc. and build a nice cabin with a secret basement and tunnels to the outbuildings.

I would purchase land and a build cabins for my parents and brothers and my wife's family if they would like to live in the same area. Otherwise, I'd gift them with whatever amount I could swing and still have a million in the bank after it was all said and done - $250K or similar.

I would then start an internet gun-related business and continue to pursue political activism.

I'd spend hunting season chasing wapiti and mule deer and I'd backpack in the surrounding mountains with my wife if I could get her back into that. :)

Of course, I'd have a deluxe range set-up with heated shoothouse and 500 yard range.

O.S.O.K. heaven.

Reading Noah's post, I have to admit that I like what I do for a living too, but I don't like having to do it. ;) I could easily fill my day's with current and new hobbies. I like to invent things and that could become a full time pastime for me too...

I might travel some - my wife would like to do that. I travel for a living now and wouldn't want to go running all over the place. It would be great to have family nearby - I think I could lure my family but I don't think my wife's family would want to move - too many friends where they are - lifelong friends.
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Post by Thunder50 »

I would buy some land somewhere, so I could shoot and hunt. And depending on how much it was, maybe buy an airplane, a turboprop, so I could get to where the land is. Also, a helicopter and learn to fly it. Go to West Point and see about a different memorial for my Fathers Class.

Put a nice chunk in some investments so I wouldn't have to work and form a charity and go around the country, looking to see where I could have an effect on what I see. Be it a tornado siren for a town that doesn't have one, to helping someone thru college, to equipment for fire stations/police dept's. Take my golf clubs with me, just in case there is a nice course nearby :lol:

Figure one of those $200,000,000.00 powerballs would be just about right!!! :shock:
The meek shall inherit the earth, but I reserve the mineral rights!
All the knowledge in the world, is of no use to fools! (Eagles-long road out of Eden)
Charles
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Charles »

I would give 10 % to some Christian cause. I would buy a small ranch (100 to 200 acres) in central Texas. Put a decent home on it (if there was not one already) and a shop. Equip the shop and put some nice furniture and a good Viking stove (I like to cook) in the house. A nice 100 yard range would top it off. I am afraid I would have to spurge on a high dollar lathe in the shop, plus a good milling machine. Then there would be a good pickup and rathole enough money to see me on to glory.

Whatever was left, I would give to my kids. I would cut them into the lottery so it would go to them direct. No sense giving the Feds 45% as death taxes or paying gift taxes while I am alive. Better they should get git it now. They are both well educated, well employed, married to good people and emotonaly and spiritualy stable. They could handle the money without having it be a mill stone around their necks. Not all people could do that. My kids are rock solid!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

If Uncle Sam would let me retire there with a few million dollars in the bank, I'd love to buy a Dude Ranch in the South Western USA, so that dumb English tourists could learn to ride properly instead of bouncing up and down in the saddle. :roll: :lol: :lol:
I'd even build a rifle range to encourage non shooters to take up the sport too. :wink:

Of course Dude Ranch Vacations would be free to all Levergunners. :D
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

Bass fish ... a lot. Buy a summer place up in Montana and shoot outdoors ... as God intended.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Am i the only one here who dreams of buying MC Hammer's old house and having a different bouncing car, Hummer or Ferrari for every day of the week ? :lol:
Lets not forget the cigarette boat and keeping my posse fed.

Get me paid !!!!! Hollah
----- Doug
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

See a good CPA/Tax Lawyer.

Buy GoldWing

Buy Truck and Camper (With little folder punt on side)

Quit Job

Enjoy Life and spend as little time at home as I can.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Charles
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Charles »

Streetstar... Nope.. fancy houses, cars, boats and the high life have never been my weakness or desire. Good looking women have been the temptation that I sitll have to fight. I have won thus far and the lotto would cause me to have to fight all that much harder.
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

Land in the hill country of Texas!
"That'll Be The Day"
Dusty Balz
Levergunner

Post by Dusty Balz »

Do whaever I need to do to get that Douchbag president from getting his hands on it , immigration to Switzerland? I'd buy a LOT of acres in Montana or Wyoming. Build a log lodge, adopt some more horses, adopt some more dogs (from shelters). Build my collection of Winchesters, build an airstrip, buy a PC-12 for going places, a Husky for back country flying and a P-51 Mustang just because I always wanted one.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Charles wrote:Streetstar... Nope.. fancy houses, cars, boats and the high life have never been my weakness or desire. Good looking women have been the temptation that I sitll have to fight. I have won thus far and the lotto would cause me to have to fight all that much harder.
How about a water cooler that dispenses champagne, or a swimming pool shaped like a dollar sign? :lol:
----- Doug
Hillbilly
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hillbilly »

Pay off some student loans that are outstanding
Secure my real-estate and put some more breeding cattle on the place.

hire a good CPA and invest or protect the rest. right after I change my phone numbers and change my name.

I figure at least 200 "long lost relatives" with a *** story and a outstreached , diseased hand will pound my door down if I did not do that.
~J
always press the "red" button--- it's worth the effort and the results can be fun
Bear 45/70

Post by Bear 45/70 »

I would retire to a life of leasure. :oops: Oh wait, I'm already retired to a life of leasure. :mrgreen:
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Bear 45/70 wrote:I would retire to a life of leasure. :oops: Oh wait, I'm already retired to a life of leasure. :mrgreen:
Maybe you could afford real adult diapers instead of stuffing your pants with paper towels..... :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

First I'd have a bill paying party.

After that I'd contact our bank and have them order in and deliver to me 1,000,000 $1.00 coins. Then I'd sit in the room and make play castles out of them for a while as I thought of what else to do.

I'd also buy myself a ranch somewhere out west, establish a residence and a base of operation, then I'd buy me a couple horses. I'd build me one good Winchester that meats my wants, and buy me a Colt SAA, and spend a couple years riding the west. At least those states that allow open carry. Maybe get a CCW permit, although I despise the idea of surrendering my right to carry for a permit to carry.

After that, Well, maybe I'd do a Quigley and go down under. I always wanted to see Australia.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Bear 45/70

Post by Bear 45/70 »

BlaineG wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:I would retire to a life of leasure. :oops: Oh wait, I'm already retired to a life of leasure. :mrgreen:
Maybe you could afford real adult diapers instead of stuffing your pants with paper towels..... :lol:

I know for a fact that you are jealous of me on several counts and this picking on me is like the little girls in grade school pick on the boy that they like. Doesn't "little girl" fit in with one of the things you admit to? :twisted:
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

I'd put Johnny Paycheck's "Take This Job and Shove It!" on my computer at work REALLY LOUD.

(And the door wouldn't hit me in the backside on the way out, either.........)

Then I'd buy a LOT of land, bulldoze a runway and rifle range, (no, NOT to
be used at the same time!), buy a bunch more old motorbikes, and settle down
to a life of leisure.

If I got bored, I'd run for governor. I couldn't do any worse than the current nitwit in Maine,
and for sure I'd be more entertaining. ("Today is public flogging day in Maine...."
"If you've been on welfare for longer than 5 years - yer off it now!" "Alll CWW permits in Maine are
hereby rescinded. Carry what ya want, how ya want. If you misbehave with guns, we'll fit you with
cement overshoes and send you walking in the Gulf of Maine. Those who can walk back to shore on
the water will, of course, be pardoned." "October 30th will be a State Holiday because it is my birthday
and I am the governor!") Doesn't that sound more entertaining than any recent governor with the
possible exception of Jesse Ventura?

Anyway, I gotta win it first, eh?! :)
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Yep, with all that money, you'd have to start working hard to protect it.

Me, don't want no land, you have to take care of it. I figure the most tricked out motorhome going, with a completely rebuild of my Scrambler. And just go till the heart stops pumping. This is one heck of a big, wonderful country, and I haven't seen near enough of it. I figure I could travel till I'm dead and not see all the cool things it offers.

Yea, I know, you're thinking that after a while one would tire of traveling. Well, who says you have to travel everyday, or even once a month. But with the properly set up RV, you are home. Home just moves where your wonderlust take you.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

stretch wrote:I'd put Johnny Paycheck's "Take This Job and Shove It!" on my computer at work REALLY LOUD.
That the ringer on my cell phone. Sorta gives folks an idea of my positon when they get in to the realm of the stupid, which happens all to frequently.

By the way, you're going to be governor, not king. Still gotta deal with other politicians. But, I'd vote for you for king. :mrgreen:
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
Bear 45/70

Post by Bear 45/70 »

jeepnik wrote:

Yep, with all that money, you'd have to start working hard to protect it.

Me, don't want no land, you have to take care of it. I figure the most tricked out motorhome going, with a completely rebuild of my Scrambler. And just go till the heart stops pumping. This is one heck of a big, wonderful country, and I haven't seen near enough of it. I figure I could travel till I'm dead and not see all the cool things it offers.

Yea, I know, you're thinking that after a while one would tire of traveling. Well, who says you have to travel everyday, or even once a month. But with the properly set up RV, you are home. Home just moves where your wonderlust take you.

That would work for me too. Even though I have seen an awlful lot of this country over the years, there are still a few places I would like to see. Maybe play camphost at some of my favorite places to ride. :mrgreen:
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I'd buy the Winchester/Buffalo Bill Museum and start shooting everything in there. I'd start with Teddy's 405 (of course, using mild cast bullets).
-----------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

First, I would buy my son a pet monkey, so that he would never want to visit his mother again. :D

I would set up my son for life.

Then I would buy:

The Toyota Tundra of my dreams (American made, of course)
Land as close as possible to the Hayden Valley in Yellowstone
Land along the Northern California coast
A bungalow on a private lagoon on a sparsely populated island in the South Pacific or The Azores
A trip into space

bogie
Sadly, "Political Correctness" is the most powerful religion in America, and it has ruined our society.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

If I won the powerball, I would
buy a motorhome and travel to see the country....
look for a ranch or a southern plantation to buy..
Pay a visit to Doug Turnballs place......and clean him out!
take care of the family.....and my favorite charity
hunt, fish and shoot....hunt, fish and shoot....
oh yeah...hunt, fish and shoot....
and invite you all over for a BIG BBQ and lots of shooting!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
bogus bill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bogus bill »

Years ago when california first started with the lottery a couple came to visit me. The subject was brought up how they would spend the money if won. My buddy was conservative with sensable investments etc. His wife was going to spend on all kinds of luxuries. They got into a huge argument and left still fighting!
Charles, sounds to me like you already hit the lotto!
Me, I am not sure. First I would try to set up the kids. I would hire a good tax person for advice. Actualy, I have everything I need. (Not want). Recently, I belive on the colt sight, someone posed the question to the collectors, what if you woke up one morning and only you were left on earth. Would you raid museums etc, to further build your colt collection? This really gave me pause. Do we really want all these material things for us, or to impress or make others jealous?
Years ago if asked what I would do, I am sure I would have gave you most of all the same answers that most here have come up with, and more. I am now retired and will be 68 in a couple of weeks. Relatively speaking, for the first time in my life I owe nobody, small two bedroom house we live in and a rental I have are paid for. We have two older trucks that are dependable, and a newer road car. I was a heavy gun collector years ago when I was single, and have plenty fine old guns, and dont need anymore.
I got married to a fine woman five years ago that is 17 years younger. She had a poor hard past life, and still is in shock to our new lifestyle and is very undemanding. I would like to get back into flying, and rideing a good harley again. However, since we are both very big we couldnt ride comfortable two up. My old two seat citabaria is being rebuilt, but she is afraid to fly with me and if she wanted to, the plane would be overgrossed and it would be nice to take gas along! I am in the process of trying to get my medical reinstated, and waiting for a determination on that. It looks gloomy. Looks like I have to sell the plane. Flying was my first love.
As things are if we won the lotto, I belive our big thing would be to travel a lot more. We sure want to, but with motel costs, gas and eating out, I cant justify it after loseing half of our 401K in the meltdown.
I just wish I would have done a lot more of everything I did do, when I was doing them! Your tastes never change!
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Sixgun wrote:I'd buy the Winchester/Buffalo Bill Museum and start shooting everything in there. I'd start with Teddy's 405 (of course, using mild cast bullets).
-----------Sixgun
Can I have seconds. I hate the idea of a good gun just sitting around collecting dust. It starves their soul.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

bogus bill wrote: I just wish I would have done a lot more of everything I did do, when I was doing them! Your tastes never change!
Bogus Bill,
I really like that and I'm going to use it for inspiration :D As I age in my fifties, I find myself getting tired more easily and often put off doing things I have had passions for my entire life. I'm gonna start taking more vitamins and hitting the gunclub and huntin' spots more often!-------Thanks---------Sixgun

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

jeepnik wrote:
Can I have seconds. I hate the idea of a good gun just sitting around collecting dust. It starves their soul.
Ok, but you have to be my "go-to" man. So when I want a single action Colt that was in Custer's Last Stand, you have to be "quick like a bunny", and fetch it for me, along with original bp military ammo.

If you want to, we can take turns dressing up in the authentic Indian clothes and shoot at each other. When we are done with the old original guns, we'll just throw 'em in the dirt and go back to the museum and get out a couple more. We could burn the clothes having a campfire:D Talk about fun!!!!!!.

We will be so filthy rich, we can hire Mike Dillon to give us a ride in his helicopter and shoot up our Jeeps with the Mini-gun. Then off to the Jeep dealer and buy a whole fleet of Rubicons just to drive 'em off cliffs!

Man o man, I gotta start playing this lotto thing.-------------Sixgun

Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

Sixgun wrote:I'd buy the Winchester/Buffalo Bill Museum and start shooting everything in there. I'd start with Teddy's 405 (of course, using mild cast bullets).
-----------Sixgun
That'd be a darned good start!

Me, I'd buy our entire border with Mexico, post it as a shooting range, then fence and stock it with Wolves, Pumas, Rattlesnakes, and Liberals.
Oh, yeah, I'd start a private, open air prison on the same land.
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Move to Northern AZ or NM. Buy 100 acres let it all lie O natural except for a range that is at least 500 yards that way I have the room to shoot pistol and rifle. Build my family a nice house and then build a house near by on the property for my folks. Get a couple of much lusted after guns. Dont think I would retire but maybe my dad and I could open a gun shop that he and I could be the main customers of. :lol:

But I need to play first.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

take care of parents, brother, sister, then pack my sailboat and fund the international leadership training organization I am a partner in, and sail back to Africa and do mission work the rest of my life.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

Noah Zark wrote:I'd buy a full auto BAR. :lol: Maybe not. I'm getting to the age where some things in life are more important than "things."
Yeah but it's a BAR WITH THE HAPPY SWITCH! That's not just a THING! :mrgreen:
Bogie35 wrote:First, I would buy my son a pet monkey, so that he would never want to visit his mother again. :D
That has to be one of the most original ideas I've ever heard... :lol:

I read this thread not long after it was posted and I've followed it most of the day while giving it some thought. Hey, it beats thinking at work.... :lol: Like most of us, I feel I have everything I "need" but if we're talking about enough money that even my grandkids wouldn't have to work for a living then I'd do something along these lines:

First I'd get TWO financial types. One for advising and the second to cross-check/audit the first just to be safe. Probably keep the first unaware of the second and both under strict instructions that they will not "invest in" or "provide start up capital" to ANYBODY, family or not. That's a fast way to burn money and bridges. Second thing would be to get us as unlisted as possible.

Next would be paying off our debts and setting up funds for us to live on. Once that was done, I'd set up our families (at least the parts we stay in contact with :wink: ) with annuities as someone suggested with the stipulation that they WILL NOT get any additional funds since I'd do my best to get them a comfortable amount to live on. If they can't live off their annuity payment, I hope they didn't quit their day job when I won. I'm happy to make their lives easier, NOT set them up for life. Again, that's a good way to burn money and my goodwill.

Of course there would be a college fund for the kids in the family but it would be just like a scholarship. Maintain certain grade/GPA and attendance standards you're good to go. Adult family members would be on a case by case basis with the same standards.

Do I sound like a hard ace? Good. I've dealt with the kids who've had everything handed to them because their parents had money and didn't think the kids needed to earn anything. It may help the parents feel better about themselves but it doesn't teach the kids anything and hurts them in the long run IME. Not to mention the only thing that will tear a family apart quicker than religious or political differences is money.

Now on to the fun stuff! :lol:

As far a charities our church would get a nice donation, probably another fund type set-up so the gift keeps on giving. I'd find an animal rescue organization or two to help out since all of our pets have been rescue animals. I have a nephew who is a HS Band Director. They'd get a nice donation or fund as well, being a former band geek myowndurnself. :wink: Of course all donations/funds would be anonymous. I know what I've done, I don't need the attention.

I think 86er would be booked for a little while showing me some of the cool hunting places he haunts. :wink: Of course a big enough piece of land for a 1000yd range would be mandatory since I'd need to practice for those hunts and safaris.

I bet one of the warehouses close to me would end up with new ownership. There's a couple that are big enough to hold a walk in vault, reloading room, machine and woodworking shop and storage for a small collection of cars. The land with the range might get a sweet road course paved in it so I can put a couple of those cars through their paces.

Since I'd need learnin' on that fancy metal and woodworking stuff, I bet I could persuade a retired machinist and a retired woodworker to provide on-site, hands-on training. That way I'm helping the elderly! :lol:
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
rkt88edmo
Levergunner

Post by rkt88edmo »

Depends on if it was money I could easily live well on for the rest of my days, say 10MM after taxes or smaller say 5MM or less after taxes
Either way I would:
Pay off the mortgage on my current home.
Buy a Sportsmobile.
Set up something in NV and buy some Class 3 toys.
Invest the rest. Find a job that is halftime or less if I can't clear 80k/year after taxes from the investments.
Enjoy more time with my children.
Learn machining and welding.

If it was an obscene amount of money, I would do the above plus:
Go to Lassen and take all their gunsmithing courses.
Buy a commercial/industrial building and start a small machine shop for myself and rent out the rest of the space.
Spend my "working" time volunteering with non profits on land conservation, mountain bike access, youth shooting, and other 2A stuff.
Work at one of the local FFLs in my area and learn about that business.
cjm135
Levergunner 1.0

Post by cjm135 »

I would pay off all debts, take care of the family and then disappear.
Bruce Scott
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bruce Scott »

Right away I'd get my western boundary fence fixed and pay off my debts. Then I'd think about what to do next......
creosote
Levergunner

Post by creosote »

My dream would be to buy the old family place in Missouri that the federal militia burned
down in 62'.
And then move to Nye county Nevada and buy a ranch for loafing in the warm sun.
creosote