I knew it would happen (pics added)

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

I knew it would happen (pics added)

Post by RKrodle »

Sooner or later it was bond to happen. See, I'm having a family shoot get-together, no we're not shooting each other. My son's girl friend was at the house and I asked her if she was going to be here for it, she said yes and wanted to know if she could shoot HER rifle. "HER" rifle is MY Marlin 1894 in 357. Darn it!!! I lost another one. Oh well, I stopped by my local gun shop and asked them to order me another one if they can find one. I guess it's all my fault anyway, she had never shot a gun of any type til she started hanging around here and I got her hooked. The first time out she dug some of the bullets out of the dirt to take home to show her mom, and also took the target with her. I'm looking forward to the family getting here today for some shooting and general BSing, should be a good day for it as it's suppose to get up to about 60 or so. If any of ya'll are near by come on over and join the fun.

Ricky
Last edited by RKrodle on Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

You've done well, Obi 1 Kenobe!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
JollyWhiteGiant
Levergunner

Post by JollyWhiteGiant »

Evil, evil man. :twisted:
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

That's awesome. There aren't any shooters in my family so we've never had anything of the sort. My niece is the only one interested and she has adopted my Marlin 39A. I hope when my boys are bigger and there is a place we can shoot a tradition will be started. Meanwhile, if you want to introduce me as a long lost 10th cousin or something, I'll bring nice guns and lots of ammo!
WinM71
Levergunner 2.0

Post by WinM71 »

Getting new shooters started is the best thing you can do to keep our shooting heritage alive - especially women.
My mind reader refuses to charge me..........

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you somethin'. That ain't an optical illusion, it only LOOKS LIKE an optical illusion.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Keep spreading the love! :wink:
GANJIRO

Post by GANJIRO »

Proof possitive that guns are evil able to corrupt even the most innocent of minds... :wink:
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

WinM71 wrote:Getting new shooters started is the best thing you can do to keep our shooting heritage alive - especially women.
+1 :D
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

+2
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

Thanks ya'll for the comments. We had a good turn out for the shoot. We shot for about 4 hours all together. At one count there was around a dozen of use here. I took a group shot of some of the shooters and will try to post it later. Don't know how many rounds of ammo was shot up but it was considerable, alot of it mine.

86er, when you get moved down we'll have to get together for some shooting and you are always invited to any family shoot we have.

Ricky
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

Here is a group pic of some of us, I'm not in the pics, I only had one camera and didn't want to break it. :D

This is my son's girl friend, she had to go to work and missed the group pic.

Ricky
Last edited by RKrodle on Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

:D Looks like fun to me! :D
crawdaddyjim
Levergunner 2.0

Post by crawdaddyjim »

Yep, I see a bunch of anvil killers there. :D

Nice job on the group shoot. Looks like you guys and girls had some fun.
You need to show the young lady with the lever by the barrel how to pose proper tho. Can't hardly see the gun!
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

crawdaddyjim, thats a Rossi mld 62 with a short barrel, hard to tell in the picture. That was this young ladies first time to EVER fire a gun. The fellow standing to the right of her, my great-nephew, is her boy friend. I got her to shoot my 586 S&W loaded with 38's. She fired all six rounds and then dropped the hammer on a allready fired chamber and the barrel never moved, she was rock steady. :D The young man on the far left of the picture, another great-nephew, is just plain eat up with it, if it has to do with shooting or hunting he's right there.

Ricky
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

WinM71 wrote:Getting new shooters started is the best thing you can do to keep our shooting heritage alive - especially women.
+3!

Doing my part!!! :D
DiamondD
Levergunner

Post by DiamondD »

Outstanding! I am so glad that my niece is interested in shooting and hunting. She has an aunt on her mothers side that is a vegeterian and her conversations with this aunt are very humerous now that she is getting older, she is ten.

You are doing a great thing getting that young lady interested in shooting.
Snoopin & Shootin,

Dean
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

The dog doesn't have a gun?

Ysabel,

That's a beautiful little girl ya have there. But then, I've always been a sucker for bright blue eyes!
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Cussing and acronyms for same are not permitted here Travis. JUST LIKE THE OLD LEVERGUNS FORUM.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

Ysable Kid, great pic. I see she already has her snow pattern pink camo to match that new rifle. :D

Travis, I don't allow the dog to shoot with us, she shows us up to bad. :lol:

DiamonD same to you, keep up the good work.
neil mitchell
Levergunner 1.0

Post by neil mitchell »

Well Ricky I was gonna stop by for the shoot but Texas is a pretty big place. :D
I am in the Lufkin area ,where are you?

Neil
NRA,Disabled Vietnam Veteran
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

Neil, I'm up by Greenville, you could of just hit 69 and came right on up here. :D We have several guys that are all sorta close, we should try and get a shoot together this spring.
Ricky

DWWC