Griff's Back !!!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Griff's Back !!!

Post by Old Savage »

:P
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Griff's Back !!!

Post by kimwcook »

Yeah, I ran across one of his posts on another topic. Glad to see he resurfaced. I think he owes us an explanation why he fell of the face of the planet. :D
Old Law Dawg
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

its good to have him back. not good when one goes astray. :lol:
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Well, he did require a bit of counseling about the necessity to have a backup laptop handy... :wink:

One gun is no gun. Two guns is "armed"... 8)
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I'm not entirely sure he was not in the Tijuana Jail.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Old Savage wrote:I'm not entirely sure he was not in the Tijuana Jail.
Not Griff! Griff what have you been up to?
Old Law Dawg
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Just because you wind up in a Mexican jail, does not, by necessity mean that you have done anything wrong.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Good point but that sounds like experience talking.

I was in Tijuana one time - I am pretty sure that was a dog hanging out behind that Mexican restaurant.

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

The laptop died. AC feed connection failure... doesn't provide enough power to run the dern thing, let alone charge the battery. Mucho searching for alternative power feeds have failed. Seems a laptop manufactured in 2005 is considered an antique and the manufacturer no longer supports it. It is, however, in the shop with repairs iniment... innemint... expected soon! Using son's home computer in the interim.

Along with the laptop, the truck failed me also. Seems the inferior junk had a relay fail after only 1,493,235 miles. I got a light that indicated my ABS (Anti-skid Brake System) was in-operative. After checking at the KW dealer in El Paso, TX (near 'nough to ol MX to warrant concern), the nite tech told me, "it's sez that 'ABS detects failed or intermittant connection to engine retarder'... which means the ABS won't work 'cause that computer can't tell if your engine retarder is on or not. I kain't fix it... you need to get to a shop that can get with the factory AND the ABS manufacturer to properly diagnose the situation."

I then went to Nogales, AZ; another stop in close proximity to our southern neighbors. Then it was up to MT, way up by the Kanuck border (3 miles is close enough, no offense my Kannuck friends, but they don't like even my .36 Navies up there!) Went down the 3 Forks and visited my favorite (well one of) saddle shops and picked up new spur straps {there would be a neat pic of same posted here... if I knew where the cable for my camera was}. Then off to Big Timber, MT! Found a flyer for the auction in Lewistown, MT with the 1 of 1,000 1873. (Joe, what'd I TELL YA! Did I get that sale price nailed or what?), what a great looking rifle! Just like Jimmy Stewart's in the movie!

I coulda stuck around till the next day when Shiloh was open, but... I knew I had to pay several repair bills when I got home in little over a week, (little did know just how many were to be added!); I was off to Cleveland, OH! And then off to real Yankee country... NY, NY! Not really, but close enough... I-287 just across the TappanZee Br. Luckily enough, the powers that be fetched me outta there and sent me to pick up bottled water near Scranton, PA. I wanted to call Sixgun and see what he was doin' last Sat... but, alas... no computer with all it's records stored inside! :x Same for 30WCF and a couple of others... I had 'till Monday to take this pure mountain (by PA standards) water to the good folks in the Windy City. Well... out to the western 'burbs anyway. Then I had all day Monday off, and no way to find out if anyone wanted to go chutin'! I even had a levergun, (or 2)!!!!

Anyway, the good folks at KW in Joplin, MO have my truck and I drove the p/u down to TX and here I am... busy fixin the lawnmower (so the wife can mow the yard when the rain stops) and waiting on the A/C repairman, ('cause the wife's complainin' 'bout the lack of A/C)! It's only about 65º and 99.9% humidity, but it's expected to warm up tomorrow! So... ok, I gotta get that done! T'was fixed with a new condenser and motor less than a year ago... s/b under warranty! But, who knows, they'll probably say something else caused the parts they replaced last year to fail! ("Shame, Griff... have a little more faith in yer fellow man"), I can hear my grandma tellin' me now!

Anyways, thanks for the kind words and it's good to be back. But, I gotta get back to work as soon as possible to pay for the fixin' of lawnmowers, A/C Compressors, ABS stuff, laptops and high among those priorities is the Sam Holt shotgun I got off Sixgun and had 86er' do his magic to!!!

Be, back later... gotta go off to the lawnmower shop and see about a carburetor!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Hey... I wanted ta go chutin Sunday... but I had ta fix me mammy some vittles...

Turned out pretty good too. Ya done missed out by dodgin the invite... :wink:

Next go around... 8)
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
ceb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by ceb »

And when ya traveled from Chicago to Joplin you was probably close enough to holler at me when ya went by. I'd a went shootin too! Been laid off since Feb. so I was home. Say, ever do any team driving, I may be lookin for a new career!! :twisted: :P :D
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Old Ironsights wrote:Hey... I wanted ta go chutin Sunday... but I had ta fix me mammy some vittles...
Turned out pretty good too. Ya done missed out by dodgin the invite... :wink:
Next go around... 8)
You're probably right! And surely a dern sight better'n that steak I had at TGIF's! But... I got to thinkin' 'bout that cross-town traffic on a holiday Sunday... well, I beat it all!
ceb wrote:And when ya traveled from Chicago to Joplin you was probably close enough to holler at me when ya went by. I'd a went shootin too! Been laid off since Feb. so I was home. Say, ever do any team driving, I may be lookin for a new career!! :twisted: :P :D
That was a run for the cash! I had exactly 14 hours to run from LaSalle, IL to Sapulpa, OK and THEN back to Joplin. Made it in 10.75 hours driving time! Sez so, right there in my federally mandated, certifiably truthful log book!
NOW ain't the time to start a drivin' career. Lots of companies are downsizin' like mad. We just cut 193 trucks, not traded... no replacements ordered... AND, we have over 100 drivers waitin' for a truck to drive. Other, bigger companies are parkin' the majority of their company owned trucks, usin' mostly owner/operators to haul their freight... less expensive; no employee benefits, taxes, etc. I used to see 100 of those orange Schneider/National trucks on the road a day... now I figure I see less than 15, still see their trailers, but being hauled by contractors. Very few JBHunt trucks... lots of their intermodal stuff, just not their trucks.
And if regulatory enforcement gets much worse... I'll be looking for a job drivin' a forklift like Sixgun's!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Spent my whole life on the border, you get exposed to things.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Hey Griff, I am new here but I live in Womelsdorf, Pa(outside Reading) if your ever in the area ..I have a clean shower,good food and several leverguns that could go to the local range. I spent 10 years holding a steering wheel as a O/O and had to get out in 2001. Glad I did too, I like waking up knowing what state I'm in. I had a buddy who still drives call me last night he was in the area and we hung out for a couple of hours. My wife was sure surprised when she called to ask if we wanted anything from Dairy Queen and Tim answered the phone. Good luck Tom(fordwannabe)
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Welcome back Griff :D :D
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Griff,

You said you was gonna call me Monday. I waited and you never called. We could have done something I think.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

:D
"That'll Be The Day"
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

J Miller wrote:Griff,
You said you was gonna call me Monday. I waited and you never called. We could have done something I think.
Joe
Sat up in LaSalle all day Monday... then had to go like gangbusters on Tues to make it down to Joplin. Didn't have time to stop & think, let alone anything else.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Good to see you back Griff and all is well. :)
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8