bullet seating depth question...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
94deluxe
Levergunner

bullet seating depth question...

Post by 94deluxe »

I bought a box of the hornady 200g gummy tips to try in my 33wcf. Seating to the canelure leaves the boattail protruding from the bottom of the neck into the case maybe 3/16". Is this anything to worry about?
Hunting with and shooting 85's, 86's, 92's, 94's in Texas!
tdoor
Levergunner

Re: bullet seating depth question...

Post by tdoor »

Hi 94-

I don't have a precise answer from experience with a Win 33, but I shoot 180 grain cast bullets in my 300 Svg (the gas checked bases are significantly below the case neck) M99 with no problems whatever (these are my deer hunting load).

tdoor
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

For what it's worth, when you buy that Hornady LeveRevolution factory loaded ammo with the gummy tiped bullets, the cases are shorter than cases for standard ammo.
ED
Yer never too old
Charles
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Charles »

Nothing to worry about if jacketed bullet have their feet in the boiler room. With cast bullets, it can be another story.
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

The only slight worry is COL. I make mine at 2.770", but the spire points can sit in the throat without an issue.
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln