OT: Too much pain, too many tears.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

OT: Too much pain, too many tears.

Post by J Miller »

June the 30th I came down really sick. We don't know what from or with what. Just a sudden onslaught of chills, fever, dizziness, and then a major stomach ache followed by constipation. The main sickness was over in a day or two, but the constipation hasn't totally abated yet.
I've been going back and forth to the local hospital for tests as well and that is adding to our stress.

July the 1st one of the four little kitties we rescued last year came up missing. My wife searched and searched and searched. The entire neighborhood could hear her "kitty kitty kitty". We asked anybody and every body and even made up fliers and posters with pics. The neighbors that had moved out on the 30th came by and told us about the neighbor across the street. Said this lady was trapping and poisoning anything on four legs that she could. Said she admitted she hated cats and dogs. Said she'd admitted taking one of our cats on a ride. Later changing the story to where she took her to the pound. A bald faced lie as we went to the pound on a daily basis for three weeks.

The Animal Control people got into the fracus and searched her place for traps and poison. Found nothing of course, but upset her off to the point she decided to wage war against us using the countys leash law. In this STUPID ASININE COUNTY cats are supposed to be kept on a leash. That law should make you cat haters really happy, but it is beyond idiotic. Since the 9th of last month we've had to keep all our cats in the house. What a nightmare. We have been reduced to jailers living with the prisoners. Just try to confine cats indoors when they are used to having their freedom.

Then on the 10th we realized that the missing kitties sister was very ill. We had been concentrating so much on finding the other one we didn't see she was sick. Finally got her to the vet. They examined her and said her symptoms could be from a variety of things. But the most probable was rat poison. She died before they could do any tests. That hurt bad. I watched my wife bawl in the vets room.

On the 20th my Uncle died although we didn't get the news till the 28th.
ON the 30th I got the news Rod WMG died.

This morning another of our kitties suddenly came up really sick. Having trouble breathing, gurgling in his lungs so bad you could hear it feet away. Eyes dialated. Gums pasty white. Took us till mid day to find a vet that would try to help him. Most wouldn't let us in the door because we are not rolling in cash. Some of the others were just booked up and couldn't help.
Finally got him to a vet around 3:30. By then he was just laying there suffering. The vet diagnosed it as heart failure. Did an ultrasound, and checked him out thoroughly. Even gave him Lasix and an oral heart medicine to see if they could get the build up of fluids away from his lungs. Didn't help much. Not much after they got rid of the first batch of fluids he filled up again. Prognosis, fatal. The vet said there was a very good chance he wouldn't make it through the night.
I made the choice, my wife couldn't. We had him put to sleep.
Junior was a good kitty. Maybe 8 years old, not much more.
More tears, more pain.

Sorry guys, but this is getting to be too much. I'm tired of watching my wife cry. I can be a cold hearted bastard if I have to be, but I can't handle much more of this.

We need a respite. WE want a simple place we can make a garden, grow some food, have some peace and quiet in our old ages, have our kitties without worrying about the horrid neighbors, and a couple simple jobs. This God awful place is killing us and every thing we value.

I don't expect anything from this post, just need to vent and maybe some of you will understand why I've been such a grump lately.

Some times I wish I had somebody that would take care of us like we try to take care of our kitties.

"If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride" - mom used to say that.

I better quit now.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Birdman
Levergunner 3.0

Re: OT: Too much pain, too many tears.

Post by Birdman »

Hang in there don't sound like much, but know we're in your corner.
lever-4-life
Levergunner 2.0

Post by lever-4-life »

Im sorry to hear you have had such a string of bum luck, things do work them self out in ways you might have never imagine.
Break on through to the other side!!!
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Poisoning others pets? If the lady wants war, well...
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

Hope you get well soon! Not a big fan of cats and yes I would be in favor of a leash law for cats as well however, I would never deliberately poison any animal. No need to impose such a harsh death on an animal.
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Joe,
Get your trusty map out, from Albuquerque go east on I 40 .730 thou. ( on my Eatalon calipers ), find N.M state road 14 ( this is the old road ) between Alb. & Santa Fe.
A little bit more than halfway to Santa Fe you will find the town of Madrid,N.M.
This is a cool little town that was dying but brought back to life by small entrepenuers.
This would put you in the country ( but between two major cities )
Elaine could commute to either one for work.
With your health problems, I suggest you do leather work, slings, holsters, butt cuffs, shell saddles, etc. This would enable you to work from home. I will even contribute a Singer Industrial sewing machine to the endeavor.
I'm trying to help, brother.
Don't be angry with me.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Birdman wrote:Hang in there don't sound like much, but know we're in your corner.
Amen, brother. Hang in there professor.
Old Law Dawg
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Joe

So sorry to hear of all your bad news lately. If you ever need to vent PM me you talk I'll listen. You will continue to be in my prayers.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Joe, you are in my prayers. It doesn't matter what anyone thinks of cats, poisoning anyones pet that way is beyond cruel. Several years ago I would probably have done something to the neighbor in revenge. Now I just pray that the LORD opens their eyes. I had a bad neighbor recently and prayers were answered. The bad neighbor moved and a new family moved in and I gained a good friend. Don't give up, but don't tune GOD out if he is telling you to move.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Joe, You have had it very rough this year.There are many of us on here trying to come up with a helpful idea that might be useful to you and the wife.I know somthing "will come up" and things will change for you guys.You are well respected on here and cared for and I can only hope good times are ahead! Prayers up for you guys.
Mescy has some great ideas there.Joe, myself and I know a lot of guys on here would be willing to throw down some cash to help you guys move.At this point dont be too proud to look at us guys pitching in some(those that wish)to help you guys start a new life.
Lets everyone try to come up with somthing???? Open to all ideas!
And it dont have to be just dollars/do somthing like mescy or another idea.Maybe we can come up with some person that sometime when having an empty load can transport your stuff.I have a couple cousins that work for yellow frieght,maybe they know someone or somthing on this.Just an idea? Have you ever considered(dont laugh)see about the sometimes no cost to you tractor trailor driving schools that say like I think Walmart is doing??? Once you are trained you run daily routes and are home weekends.I know about this because one of the guys I used to work with lost his job and had to wait two years before collecting his retirement(53 years old/28 years in)so he went on unemployment and then found this Free Training deal.(I think through ManPower then went to driving school and got his license in like 3 months or so but got some salary while going to school also.I ran into him about a month ago at the Coffee shop and I believe he is driving for Walmart to Rochester and back(2.5-3 hrs each way) 3 times a week.He said he makes around $500 a week(3 days tues-thurs)????????????????????(said he puts in about 21-22 hrs a week)
Last edited by madman4570 on Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
dr walker
Senior Levergunner

Post by dr walker »

Joe, I am sorry. Keep searchin and you will find a way.
bsaride
Senior Levergunner

Post by bsaride »

Joe, I feel for ya and I'm not a cat person.

Small consolence; I let the neighbors 4-5 cats own my back/side/front yards
(possums and coons here too, but this is suburbia).

Have you had your back checked out?
I have back problems and sometimes a pinched nerve can cause those problems.

Get well, prayers for you and yours.
KI6WZU
NRA member
"When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'present' or 'not guilty.'"
--President Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)

“Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner”
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

jeepnik wrote:Poisoning others pets? If the lady wants war, well...
+1

Joe, you are a saint. I would be behind bars right now if someone poisoned my cat or dog.

Praying for you buddy. I am really sorry for the string of bad luck. Only hope the old saying, "it is always darkest before the light", comes into play...
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

Post by brucew44guns »

Joe, I just read your post, and thought of that old saying, If it wern't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all", but this stuff you're going thru isn't funny.

I think the Mescalero is on the right track, you need something radically different in your life to completely bury the past and Illinois, and turn up some new ground someplace else. I believe you might have more resourcefullness within you than you are aware of. It may well require you to practically strip youir gears to get out of that state you're in, but that town in Mew Mexico sounds like a new start for you. Get some gas money together, first months rent, and do it now before winter sets in. Something will break for you most likely, if you put your heart into a positive change.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Obviously, as 'outsiders' we can throw 'answers' at you all day long, and it doesn't help much, but it's kind of like stopping smoking - eventually you just have to DO it.

It sounds like everything is pointing towards getting the heck out of that place, or you will never be happy. So, the 'essence' of the problem is that you just have to DO it. Make a plan, so you don't mess something up or forget something important, but Make a Plan, and then Do It.

Sounds like your most prescious things in life are your wife and a few basic possessions. You may have to live in a tent or shelter or out of a car, but I'd rather live in a cardboard box with my wife than in some hell-hole we were unhappy in. It does sound like you may have to take a severe 'hit' in the material goods department, and that you don't have alot of extras there to spare, but just think about where you're happiness actually comes from, and it isn't probably any of your earthly possessions as much as your wife and spiritual stuff.

Like I said, nobody not IN your shoes can tell you what to do, but you obviously need to make a move, and although I'd plan it as best you can with your wife, any direction you step should take you a step towards some place better than where you are.

Hope that helps. Millions of people across the nation are in the same type situation, unfortunately.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

brucew44guns,
Thank you, after two years on this forum, someone finally got it right!
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

My sympathy extended for all of your troubles :(
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Joe my sympathies to you and the family.
I have no patience with someone that would intentionally harm a pet, feral or not. You're neighbor certainly sounds like a fine piece of wasted humanity.
You've been cussing living there for 6 or 7 years that I know of. It's time you guys threw a dart at the Atlas, sell what you don't absolutely have to have, load the rest in what ever vehicle you got and head out. New surroundings can sometimes make things much better.
kmittleman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by kmittleman »

Prayers sent your way for Peace and Healing.

-Kevin
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist." - C.S. Lewis
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Joe, sorry to hear of your continuing tough luck. My thoughts are with you and your wife.

If I was in a position to follow Mescalero's advice you wouldn't see me for dust! Just breathing that dry New Mexico air would do you both good let alone being in much better place with better neighbours. :wink:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

OK Guys,
This is coming from Mrs J Miller,

For the most part you are all right in a way. Tonight/this morning I cannot sleep due to the emotional pain that I feel. I have not felt this way in a VERY long time. All I seem to be able to do is cry my heart out.
The financial end of thing is one thing Mr never talks about.
To put it bluntly, we are not making enough this year to barley keep our heads above water,and pay for emergencies like the one today with our kitty, let alone move to a new location as much as we would love to.
I have also moved across country and left behind things precious and important to the extent that it has burned me once too often. What we have left is almost irreplaceable. When I/we moved here, I had what I believe was an 18 footer stuffed to the gills with all my sewing and personal items. He brought his later in an 12 by 8 trailer.(?) Now we have enough to fill at least a 22 to 26 footer.
As for getting rid of things, well yard sales are a lost cause on our parts. No one seems to give us the time of day around here.
It would probably cost more to replace what we do have then moving it.
A little history:
About two years ago I went to work for a Mom and Pop market that had just opened a pizza place. For the first year business was booming. I used to take out almost 20 plus delivery's a day and it was growing at that time, to the point that we almost could have taken on a second driver permanently. Then the bad management and the economy here ruined things. Business is down over 55% or more.

As for jobs,well I am an experienced seamstress and have operated commercial machines in the past. Loved the job until something went wrong. Never found out what but got let go after almost two years on that job. For the most part all we have known is driving and or sewing.
His health has become questionable as well as mine beginning to end up crappy too.

mescalero1,
I do believe we both would like to get our hands on that Singer.. :roll:
Another thing,this morning was supposed to be a state auction, at the warehouse. I have gotten to know the guys there through my delivering pizza to them and they clue me in on certain things up for auction. One was a commercial Jukie tomorrow. I was going to try to get it. Then this last week the other side showed me about three Chandlers. All commercial grade and looked to be brand new. they will go up sometime towards the end of this year or first of next.. :evil:
I doubt that I will be up in time to go for the auction but I am going to try.
So what ever anyone here could/can come up with, we are open to just about anything.

Mrs Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

When I lived in Chicago, one of my wonderful neighbors stomped my cat nearly to death, breaking maybe 30 bones, shoulders, ribs, etc. I found her the next morning and we high-tailed it to the vet. They saved her, thank goodness, but it cost about $800.00 (in 1993) and started me on my plan to get out of that hellhole.

It ain't gonna happen unless you take the bull by the horns.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
winchester1886
Levergunner 2.0

Post by winchester1886 »

We sure are in your corner just keep coming up swinging and you'll get the bastard eventually, don't worry your day will come, wish I lived near you I'de come round and fix the bitch for you.
Dastook
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Dastook »

game keeper wrote:Joe, sorry to hear of your continuing tough luck. My thoughts are with you and your wife.

If I was in a position to follow Mescalero's advice you wouldn't see me for dust! Just breathing that dry New Mexico air would do you both good let alone being in much better place with better neighbours. :wink:

+1,Hang in there Joe, prayers are up.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

NRA Life Endowment
SASS & CAS

Born in Idaho, the same great state Elmer Keith & Jack O'Conner lived in and loved.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Joe, Mescy has great advice,(sounds great),but if you dont want to go that route,would either of you guys possibly want to pursue say this type occupation below? I know many States work with new residents of that State to aid in payment for training.(they pay the employer back the trainees salary up to 2/3 until trainee is certified)a win/win for both trainee/employer! I believe the phlebotomists course is 3 months?
Anyway Santa Fe shows job openings etc. for this occupation!
Also Joe,Once certified say in phlebotomy you could move about anywhere you would want because it is always in demand.You are not too old to learn this.It would be a fresh start in life.Will you at least look inti it? I think other than teaching/nurse/(4 year degrees) this field (Medical Tech)gets you the most bang for the buck/ for time inversted.

Home » search for jobs
Medical Technologist

Perm. Medical Technologist. $61,512. 31 compensation package southwest resort community Monday-Friday, day and evening shifts available Strong, cohesive staff with tenured leadership State-of-the-art equipment located in a modern facility Full benefits package includes sign-on bonus, relocation assistance and tuition reimbursement True generalist opportunity The Community. Vibrant arts community draws rave reviews from around the globe 50 miles to one of the top vacation destinations in the country International airport, world-class shopping, and a state university nearby Abundance of hunting, fishing, hiking, skiing, snowboarding and other outdoor activities Various housing options includes apartments, condominiums and new housesFull Time. full-time.

A medical technician can work in diverse fields, and often takes certification or training courses in a specialized field after completion of high school. The term medical technician can apply to people who work in x-ray labs, people who work as dental hygienists, emergency medical response workers, helpers in surgery, pharmacy and veterinary assistants, and a plethora of other work environments.
Medical lab technicians—This type of medical technician is gifted at laboratory science and performs tests on blood, body fluids or skin samples to check for the presence of disease. There are varied jobs in this profession, and highly trained lab techs may be particularly skilled in one area, for example the evaluation of skin samples to check for cancer. Lab techs must be familiar with using equipment like microscopes and gas chromatographs, and they must further understand the application of various chemicals or agents in order to yield test results. A medical lab tech in a small lab may be trained in phlebotomy, the collection of blood, in addition to being trained in the analysis of various samples. Some lab techs are strictly phlebotomists, merely trained in the collection of blood and the safe storage and transfer of any body fluid samples to testing labs.
Last edited by madman4570 on Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Hang in there Mr. and Mrs. Joe Miller! Prayers sent for an open door and blessing all around.....
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Mescy, How hard would it be to learn how to make English saddles?
http://www.horseswest.com/collections/f ... age-saddle
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

I don't know, but I searched for ten years before I found my roto-carve. Talked to a lot of people, 1 was a saddle maker, he said he wished he had 3 more, used them to make the wood base for the saddles.
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

madman4570 wrote:Mescy, How hard would it be to learn how to make English saddles?
http://www.horseswest.com/collections/f ... age-saddle
It's not hard to learn how to make any saddle. The hard part is doing enough of them to be good at it, and good enough at it that you can at sell enough to at least recoup the original investment. World is full of "saddlemakers" either starved out or doing something else now.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

That is VERY nice of you with your offered help! I think so far, your the guy thats really on to somthing! Your a great friend to be so generous Mescy!
Last edited by madman4570 on Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

I read of your plight Mr and Mrs M some hours ago now.
I am as speechless now as back then!
We all have bad times and equally some blessing come along too, maybe the clock needs to revolve a few more times and things will settle for both of you.

Blessings and best wishes for you two. xx for Mrs Miller not you Joe!

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

Checked just this morning, and Cody Wyoming is still open for business. Check codyenterprise.com for possible jobs in town and surrounding area.

Blessing to you both in your trials. Godspeed.
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Joe, how good are you with making leathergoods? There is a Saddlemaker in Meade, Kansas named Mike Nail who is so far behind that he will probably work for 10 years after his funeral just to catch up. The Rusty Nail saddlemaker and leathergoods shop it extremely good and if you are up to it, contact Mike. He is desperately in need of someone who can repair boots. Can you do that? If so, then you will have a clientele already built up if you and Mike can come to a deal. Phone is 620-873-2144. If he asks how you found out about it, tell him one of Roscoe's sons told you about it. Meade is a nice little town in SouthWest Kansas. They have a few eateries, a museum where a sister to the Daltons in the gang lived with her husband and they hid her brothers there when the law was hot on their trail. The housing in Meade is pretty reasonable in price. Not a lot of deer hunting around, but there is some.
Anyway, if you can repair boots, give Mike a call. I'll take some time off and help with the move if you need it.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Joe, pick a nice warm climate, sell out whatever you can, get a serviceable RV you can tow with that Nisson,find a nice monthly rate at a KOA or other campground until you can get your feet on the ground. There is no way in hell you can stay there anymore the way you hate it... Dag Dammmit, Joe, grab those bootstraps, heave to, and get the heck out of Dodge :P
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

BlaineG wrote:Joe, pick a nice warm climate, sell out whatever you can, get a serviceable RV you can tow with that Nisson,find a nice monthly rate at a KOA or other campground until you can get your feet on the ground. There is no way in hell you can stay there anymore the way you hate it... Dag Dammmit, Joe, grab those bootstraps, heave to, and get the heck out of Dodge :P

Couldn't have said it better if I tried!

Search the net for loacal news sites and wanted ads. There's stuff to do out there. Just have to
take that first shot.

My sister loaded up her little Ford Probe right out of college and headed for AZ. She probably had about
$1800 in her savings account and no job.

Just wanted to see it. She ended up with a job translating Spainish to English on order forms.
Since then she's traveled the world from one unusual job to the next.

Her secret is sending out "Boatloads" of resumes. Sooner or later something floats back!

GO for it Joe! You're fate only rests in your hands!!

jason
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

2ndovc,
she sounds like an adventurist lass.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Thanks guys.

As for Mescalero's offer we won't forget it. Something has to break before I do. I hope anyway. When my mom, dad, and I left IL the first time in about '56 57 we hit Hobbs first. I been kinda curious what that place looks like. That's only about 6" away from Mescalero's place on my map. We'll see.

If all I had would fit in my Pathfinder and a trailer, I would have been gone from here like smoke in a windstorm. But we just have too much. We don't have much more we can part with without hurting ourselves. Although when I can get my brain wrapped around the job I'm gonna lighten my end some more.

I've never been good at leather working. I can use an awl to stitch with, have repaired a couple holsters. And I can punch holes in belts. Had to do that a lot as they shrunk on me :roll: . But fixing boots or making saddles is far out of my realm.

Joe
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

mescalero1 wrote:2ndovc,
she sounds like an adventurist lass.

She sure is. She's in Singapore now. Her husband is a brilliant kid working for an Austrailian firm
in Singapore. They're hoping to go to Austrialia next.

Those two just can't sit still. :D

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

I don't mean to be the ogre but it sounds like life to me. You have had more than your share of bad times, no doubt. Clearly, you need a change if for nothing else than piece of mind. I have come across too many instances, personally, where "We gotta go" turned into "They never went". Here's one such instance. A really good guy Richie wanted out of NY. First it was "as soon as the kids graduate high school" then it was "after the kids graduate college" then it was "after the kids move out" then it was "once the grand-daughter can walk and go to day care. Meanwhile Richie is disability retired and his wife never worked. Richie nearly lost his life in a mugging. The perpetrators wife filed a false report that him and his adult son assaulted her. They both got arrested. While spending all their savings on legal fees the wife came down real sick. She was an alcoholic. The insurance wouldn't pay for many of the alcohol related illnesses because she did not enroll in one of the programs required for continued coverage. Their dog bit a neighborhood kid trying to steal an old boat motor. They got sued again for the dog bite even though the kid got arrested for attempted larceny. One of the daughters crashed her car so Richie gave her his car, since he walked around the neighborhood most of the time anyway. This past winter he slipped on the ice and got a herniated disk and has trouble walking and cannot lift any weight. His wife is terminal. His friends and family are gone, they moved away or died. Now he says "I would move if I could but I can't afford to". Let me tell you, he can easily get $350K or more for his house and buy a brand new house, paid in full in many parts of the U.S. He could buy 10 double wide trailers and have each kid and one of their friends live in their own house on his property. He is going to be 60 years old this year. He is my uncle. He is in charge of his own destiny and I don't try to talk sense into him anymore. Their was always good intention, but without the will to "Just Do It" he will likely die after a lonely life in a place he doesn't like nor recognize anymore. Joe - do you want to be like him? I see some offers for help and there is a sense of urgency in the words you and your wife share. I do not know the challenges you face first hand, but I do know where there is a will there is a way. Make the move while you can, Friend.
Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

Here are my friends at Mossy Oak's contact info. They have jobs for seamstress, janitor, groundskeeper, assembler and others. Call or send a resume.

Employment Opportunities:
Please send resume to:
Haas Outdoors, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
P.O. Box 757
West Point, MS 39773
662-494-8859

or Pam Zaitz at She Safari Clothing and outdoor gear
SHE Safari Address:
15535 West Hardy Rd. Suite 102
Houston TX 77060 US
Phone: 281-448-4860
Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

You're a good man, 86er......

Joe, my man...poop or get off the pot :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Mmmm Mossy Oak Whatsit... - Sewn by Mrs Joe, Inspected By #17 (J Miller).

Man, yall'd be famous! :mrgreen:
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Gene Dip
Levergunner

Post by Gene Dip »

Keep your chin up and I do hope things turn to the better for you and your family. The cat story is very sad. After our 5 children grew up and went on their own, our pets(dog and cat now) are part of our main family.

Good luck to you, Gene
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Joe, 86er is dead on right and he cares about you/wife.That was as heart felt as it can get brother.Plan and make your move this summer/fall.It worries me greatly if you dont! We are all pulling for you guys!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

My wife works part time for a university theatre department making opera costumes, and that's using skills you may have. I.U. is near us and has a huge department, and I suppose some other colleges do as well. Just an idea...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I know and understand everything you guys are saying. But what I don't understand is how you expect us to do this "pick it up and move" thing, without money?

We have explained our situation thoroughly and both of us know what is needed to move.
First and foremost is MONEY to buy the gas to fuel the trucks. MONEY to get a place to stay.
And last but not least, MONEY to live on until the job(s) are established.
When someone posts the answer to that, then I'll get my butt moving. Until then we are stuck.

I suppose I should just shut up and not say anything more. 86er is right up to a point, but nobody ever goes that last little bit and tells me how we can come up a minimum of 5K dollars. Renting a truck with a car trailer is by itself around $1500.00+ depending on the season.

So, please answer me that question.

Until somebody does I'm gonna just shut up.

Maybe I shouldn't post this as one of those who are setting pretty will tell me to sell everything and then move. Yeah, as if I have enough of anything to do that. I've sold, sold, and sold just to pay bills and keep my car running and gas in it. Again we've repeatedly explained why that's not gonna happen.

If it was just me I'd be gone long ago. But I'm married and anything I do must include my wife. You guys should know that. We had financial help from my relatives when we moved here, they are now dead and buried. We are on our own.
All these suggestions to just pick up and do it, just ignore what we've, me and my wife has said. THERE IS NOT ENOUGH MONEY HERE TO DO THAT. Everyone simply ignores that part of the equation.

I quit. I'll not say another thing about our home life. Somehow, someday we'll get out of here, and afterwords we'll post it.

Until then we'll consider the ideas you guys have given us and see what we can do.

aloha as Ji used to say.

No, I'm not leaving the forum, just this thread. I shouldn't have started it in the first place.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

We are not giving up that easy----Joe(you dont need 5K
Below is cost for 6 day rental of a 14ft tall 28ft BIG enclosed Budget Rental with towing your pathfinder.(that will fit all your stuff)
Next is to find you a job there that will help pay/share moving costs.
Full Truck Details 5 - 8 Rooms (1,380 cu.ft.) $1,590.40*
inc. 6 days & 1536 miles (gas say $450) Total=====$2,000
Clearance
Length (int)
Width (int)
Height (int) 13'6"
24' 0"
7' 5"
7' 5"
show all sizes Continue
Smart Moving Tips!Did you know that the best rates and availability are mid-week (Sun.-Thurs.) and mid-month! If your moving dates are flexible try adjusting your pick up and drop off dates to take advantage of our best rates.
Reservation SummaryTruck
24' Moving Truck

Pick Up

Monday 10/12/2009

FLEET SERVICES INC
1005 W HURON ST
CHICAGO, IL 60622
Drop Off

Sunday 10/18/2009
DROP OFF DATE ADJUSTED! WHY

HAL BURNS TRUCK AND EQUIPMENT
14 CAMINO CHARRO
SANTA FE, NM 87507
Other
Applied Discount:
*AARP

Move Type - Personal

Vehicle - NISSAN, PATHFINDER - 1999=====being Towed by vechile above
* One Way rentals are based on one day equal to 24 hours. The drop off date/time is determined by the number of days provided for your reservation.
Last edited by madman4570 on Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

http://jobsearch.monster.com/Search.asp ... =685&re=14

http://jobsearch.monster.com/Search.asp ... &pg=1&dv=1

Lets find us one! Do you have a current resume?
ONE THOUSAND JOBS TO PICK FROM ABOVE! :) all within easy driving distance from Madrid. :wink:
Joe,Will you friend at least go through both of these above 1000 job listings.I am very sure lying within these 2 sections are mutiple jobs that you can do easily.Please at least review them and get that resume polished up because your life is about to change and change for the better.(including the wifes/and cats) :mrgreen:
Last edited by madman4570 on Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

prayers for you Joe. you have our best wishes and support
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

We moved from Iowa to western WA in "61". I was 14 going on 15 at the time. We put everything that we had to have to live with in a single wheel trailer (6'x8') clamped to the back bumper of dads 55 chev.
I bet he didn`t have 100 bux in his pocket when we left Iowa.
Gas was much cheaper then but we stopped along the way and picked fruit to get by on.
It took courage to do that but where we were was a dead end.
10 years later we were living on 40 acres and had 40 head of cattle to our name.

Do it now or you never will! :shock: