Range report- OT

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Range report- OT

Post by Rusty »

No leverguns involved here. Rusty Jr. is about to turn 21 in a few weeks so for his 21st birthday he wanted a Glock 23. It seems logical since he is halfway through his AA degree in Criminal Justice and wants to be a LEO.
I got the 23 for him and we went to the range yesterday. First up was 100 rounds of Winchester Whitebox. I wasn't expecting anything great, it's a new piece. After that came 50 rounds of locally re manufactured 180 grain TMJ stuff, and finally some 165 grain American Eagle. All 200 rounds went down range without a bobble, a hiccup or a stumble. No failures of any kind. Jr did pretty good for his first time out he did keep everything on paper at 15 yards and had the making of a group that was taller than it was wide. He seems to tremble a bit when taking aim. I'm sure that will go away with time. Practice, practice,practice.

I guess it's true what they say about Glock Perfection.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Range report- OT

Post by AJMD429 »

I thought that you got a Glock 21 on your 21st birthday, and the model 23 on your 23rd birthday...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Sounds like a nice day at the range with your son. Practice is paramount to proficiency with longarm or short, but especially short. I can't seem to get enough practice with either one anymore with all the chores I've got to get done (they benefit me too).
Old Law Dawg
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

The trick to getting the most out of your Glock is to learn to use the trigger re-set. In other words, don't take your finger off the trigger all the way between shots. Just let your finger forward enough to let the trigger re-set. This can be learned very easily dry firing as you can feel and hear the click when it re-sets. Good luck to your Son!
Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I just simply don't like the way Glock pistols feel in my hand, but there is no way to deny the quality and dependability. There was one model which had problems, but that has happened with each and every manufacturer that I have ever heard of.
Hope your son makes a fine Lawman. In times like these, we need even more good men enforcing the law.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
lever-4-life
Levergunner 2.0

Post by lever-4-life »

Great choice! I have a glock 23 with over 3,000 rounds through it without one jam. It is an ugly gun but they shoot great.
Break on through to the other side!!!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Good for you!

Y2K seems to think that the number of guns he has should correspond to his age. So far, so good, but by the time he's in his 20 he's going to need to start buying them!
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Rusty that is great to hear. Sounds like he is following in your path.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Looks like YKK needs a job. :lol:
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Rusty wrote:Looks like YKK needs a job. :lol:
He'd get one if he could. He's only 11, so he's always trying to find things around the house to earn extra money. At least he understands the basic principle!

Of course, he knows he is going to get all of mine someday. I've just told him not to be in a hurry!!! :shock: