Question about California sale

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
silverbuzzard
Levergunner 2.0

Question about California sale

Post by silverbuzzard »

Can private party ship a long gun to CA. The FFL I spoke to there says yes.
Would like to know more.
I called CA.DOJ but Fridays nobody is home !
TomF
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Question about California sale

Post by TomF »

I sold a Marlin to a feller in Hermosa Beach, CA. The transaction is like any other. FFL from the recipients receiver. When I do ship a gun, it is sent by FEDX. The last 2 I shipped out we $13. or so. Don't punish the folks in CA because of their idiots in (mis)representation.

TomF
Dave
Senior Levergunner

Post by Dave »

Someone with no FFL can ship to a licensed dealer in CA no problem. The hassle comes into play when an out of state FFL ships to an FFL in CA. I take a certain delight in sending guns to CA since "they" don't really want me to :D I would guess guys in CA appreciate every gun that enters the state.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well now thank you fellows for your concern for us CA guys. The dems make the laws here and they don't know what they are doing - they have outlawed guns that never existed and been confounded because they haven't succeeded in outlawing what they want to.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

silverbuzzard
Levergunner 2.0

Post by silverbuzzard »

Thanks for info
I called the buyers FFL and asked for DOJ #. I called and talked to a guy there,he said it was cool,but when I did reverse phone number look up,it said unpublished. Got me worrying but figure its a number the FFLs there call.
Thanks guys
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

The reason that I have a C&R is simply to keep the money grubbing 01 FFLs out of the loop. CA FFL holders seem to feel that they can charge whatever they like because they are the only game in town. I don't really need any guns that require a transfer through one of those dealers.
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln