winchester 1895 gunsmith recomendations

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
95fan
Levergunner 2.0

winchester 1895 gunsmith recomendations

Post by 95fan »

I have decided to have one of my 95's tuned up to fix a firing pin bolt face peening/erosion issue that is fairly common in the 30-06 95's. Does anyone have any recommendations for a competent gunsmith. The guy I normally use is in the process of retirement, and has already begun breaking down his shop. I have talked to a few prospects but they have not completed this process before, so I am very nervous about giving them my winnie. Im looking for someone who has done this before and is familiar with the issue. Thanks, Steve
A perfect day can only be achieved while hunting
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Re: winchester 1895 gunsmith recomendations

Post by Mike D. »

You could give Rogers Winchester Restorations a call. He's up in Orange Co and is a very competent Winchester "mechanic". The number is 714-632-1944.
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
95fan
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 95fan »

Mike, Thanks much for the recomendation. I will be calling him tomorrow.
A perfect day can only be achieved while hunting
Noah Zark
Senior Levergunner

Post by Noah Zark »

Bill Gostomski in Mt Savage, Md did the repair on my 30-06 Winchester 1895 and it's virtually undetectable.

http://www.gostomskisgunsmithing.com/

Noah
Might as well face it, you're addicted to guns . . .