DID ANYONE ELSE KNOW THIS...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
joachim slim
Levergunner 2.0

DID ANYONE ELSE KNOW THIS...

Post by joachim slim »

i talked to NEF again today. they informed me that if i send them the receiver/stock from my handi rifle they will fit a muzzle loader barrel to it. the cost... a mere $105 (about). sounds like a deal to me.
bigbore442001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bigbore442001 »

My Dad and I drive up to the factory now and then and get different barrels fitted to our guns.
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

it MAY be a good deal. It MAY be an awful deal.

My brother in law has one, and has had nothing but heartache with it. The breach plug sticks so bad he can't get it out. It's been back to the factory a few times. After working his way through a few types of different powders (brands/types/grades), he finally tried America Pioneer Powder in it, and it was the first time he was ever able to get the gun to function (disassemble and clean) like it's supposed to.
Slow is just slow.
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Yeah if you have a rifle action you can get any BBL except for rimfire put on it. Its a cheap way to get a rifle/shotgun/slug gun/muzzel loader combo.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
oldgerboy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by oldgerboy »

Does the breech plug screw into the barrel? If so put anti-seize on the threads when re-assembling.
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

oldgerboy wrote:Does the breech plug screw into the barrel? If so put anti-seize on the threads when re-assembling.
LMAO Uh yeah.. we did that. A few different types.
Slow is just slow.
oldgerboy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by oldgerboy »

WOW, that usually solves things. The American Pioneer Powder is an excellent propellant. Try the yellow Bore Butter on the threads. It does a good job on my touch holes on my flinters.

Have you tried a less powerful 209 primer. The ones for .410's and "special" ones for in-lines are not as hot and might not make things as tight.

What's LMAO translate to?

Gerry
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

"laughing my @zz off"

Tried Bore butter, Gorilla Grease, Never-Seize and one other item I believe.
I think it's a bad design. Because they changed it, and even with the updated design it still did it.

He started with 777, which he assumed was the problem. used less and less of it.. still ad problems. Pyrodex did it too. After many suggestions he finally tried the APP and it worked out.

My suggestion was to epoxy the threads good, and never try and take the breach plug out ever again. He sold a nice plains style rifle to buy that to. "I told you so!"
:D
Slow is just slow.
Yance
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Yance »

cas wrote:"laughing my @zz off"
He sold a nice plains style rifle to buy that to. "I told you so!"
:D
Serves him right. :twisted:
Yance

There's a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness".

outawaysforge.wordpress.com

"Gun control" isn't about guns, it's about "control".