What's the best shot you've ever made?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
dkmlever
Levergunner 3.0

Re: What's the best shot you've ever made?

Post by dkmlever »

I have made some long shots and some unusual ones but My BEST one was on the first deer I ever killed, I was 21. It was a small 3 point PA deer. The reason it is my best shot is because I was shaking so bad with buck fever, very cold, foggy and I had managed to miss on the first shot but that buck wanted to be my first and just stood there while I calmed down (yeah right!) and made the LONG (30 yard) shot! I yelled so loud that my partially deaf grandfather heard me 1/2 mile away.
deerwhacker444
Senior Levergunner

Post by deerwhacker444 »

My best shot happened while I was duck hunting. I'm not a big duck hunter, but occasionally I like to go out if the weather is good.

I had a Charles Daly semi-auto shotgun that I bought from a friend for $200 bucks. I knew how to make about 2 different duck sounds so I wasn't that impressive. However a group of Green Wing Teal flew by in formation one morning, right at the edge of my range. I drew on the first one and fired, "splash", lined up on the second one, "splash", got on the third one and "splash". I got a Triple with 3 shots! I was real proud of myself cause them little buggers are fast. The bad news was I filled up half my duck limit with 3 dove sized ducks... :roll:
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men
shall possess the highest seats in Government,
our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots
to prevent its ruin
." Samuel Adams
44magHunter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 44magHunter »

My best so far was with a bow not a gun....(at 30 yards)

...or mabey not so great because I broke a $10 arrow..... :mrgreen:
Levergun: Marlin, Ruger, Hornaday, Henry, Williams, Leupold
Black Gun: AeroPrecision, Magpul, Streamlight, Remington, McMillan, Sierra, Badger Ordinance, Harris, Jewel Triggers, Leupold
Archery: Hoyt, GoldTip, Axcel/TruBall, FeatherVision, Specialty, AAE, VaneTec, Doinker, ZeroTolerance, TopHat, Leupold
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

44 Mag Hunter.....that was one amazing shot! :shock: :shock: :shock: :mrgreen:
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Awesome shot 44magHunter! :mrgreen:
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

Barked a squirrel once with a 30-30 at 50 yrds with iron sights once when I was returning from a day of deer hunting and needes some meat for the pot. I aimed at his nose bark flew everywhere and at the end of it I had an unmolested squirrel from the ears back!
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

44maghunter, that's a great shot. Sorry bout your arrow though. Get Dad to buy you a couple new ones. :D
Old Law Dawg
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

a head shot at 35 yards on an English Sparrow, I was a little surprised to see him come fluttering down. Tool was a Benjamin Sheridan .22 airgun.

My best shooting was probably on the silhouette range, twice I've had 10 turkeys and another time shot a 37. Neither are MOA accomplishements but consistency is something too.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

Post by brucew44guns »

My inlaws lived at Kelseyville, California out on 12 acres far from town. We were eating breakfast on their screened in back porch when a wood pecker started hammering the side of the house. Wifes dad said, go shoot that darned woodpecker before he destroys the house. When I opened the back screen door, he flew off down to a fence in back, 135 yards, landed on top of a big corner post. I rested my model 74 Win. semi auto .22 with factory sights, on the corner of the house, held over a little but not much and shot, over he went. They were amazed that I got him so far away, pretty lucky shot.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life