OT - Sam Elliot movies

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

OT - Sam Elliot movies

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Well, I was at wally world to pick up a couple things and saw the movie rack and stopped to puruse a bit. Ended up getting a $13 Sam Elliot three-pack - the Rough Riders, The Desperate Trail and You Know My Name.

I've seen the Rough Riders many times (has Tom Beringer in it as Teddy) but I don't think I've seen the other two - they look good.

So, need to decide which to watch tonight :)
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
Ysabel Kid

Re: OT - Sam Elliot movies

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I'll have to have my wife look for it - something to watch while I am recovering.

I picked up a DVD in the $5 bin at Wally World before the surgery - season one, volume one of the "Wanted: Dead or Alive" series with Steve McQueen. 18 episodes - watched them the first week after the surgery. It was great (the shows, not the recovery!). :D
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

The strange thing about those three movies is, Sam Elliott's character gets killed in all three of them. I wonder if that's why they stuck them in the same box?

Very good movies though with "The Rough Riders" being the best of the three.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Joe! stuff - now I'm going to be watching the whole time wondering when he gets it :x :wink:

Ysable - there's also a threeper of Tom Selleck movies - Monte Walsh, Saber Creek and another one -I'de seen all of them and have at least two already, so that one stayed there.

I think wally world has the same movies at all stores.... ours is a little small-format one.
NRA Endowment Life
MOLON LABE!
Barcelona Rick
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Barcelona Rick »

Way back in the mid 70's Sam Elliot was in a mini series about two Army officers.....the way their respective careers overlapped was the plot. I think Darlene Carr may have been the female lead. Started before WWI and went thru WWII....Sam Elliot was the country boy (catch in the barn with the neighbors daughter) and another feller played the well to do officer (silver spooner).....Sam Elliot was a real man. I believe it was called "once an Eagle" I would love to find it on DVD......

jumbeaux
Jason_W
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jason_W »

One of the students at the school where I work is very into westerns (which automatically places her high on my cool student list) and she's also a very talented artist and has done several spot on portraits of Sam Elliot.

I love to see young people interested in things that are not typical of young people.
My first attempt at an outdoors website: http://www.diyballistics.com
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

J Miller wrote:The strange thing about those three movies is, Sam Elliott's character gets killed in all three of them. I wonder if that's why they stuck them in the same box?

Joe

:lol: :lol: :D :roll: :o :lol: :mrgreen: Now thats a friend! JOESPH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

OK, chose the You Know My Name flick. Should I say just how Bill Tillman gets it? :lol:

And I'd forgotten - I have seen it - but it was definately worth watching again. :)
NRA Endowment Life
MOLON LABE!
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

O.S.O.K. wrote:Joe! stuff - now I'm going to be watching the whole time wondering when he gets it :x :wink:

Ysable - there's also a threeper of Tom Selleck movies - Monte Walsh, Saber Creek and another one -I'de seen all of them and have at least two already, so that one stayed there.

I think wally world has the same movies at all stores.... ours is a little small-format one.
madman4570 wrote:
J Miller wrote:The strange thing about those three movies is, Sam Elliott's character gets killed in all three of them. I wonder if that's why they stuck them in the same box?

Joe

:lol: :lol: :D :roll: :o :lol: :mrgreen: Now thats a friend! JOESPH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry about that guys. We got that set and I was just thinking out loud and my fingers just followed along.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Gun Smith
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Gun Smith »

"Once An Eagle".
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Another good Sam Elliot movie is "Shakedown" W/ Peter Weller.

One of m favorite movie lines: " You wanna drive or you wanna shoot?"

A little goofy but a pretty decent good cop / bad cop movie.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
pharmseller
Senior Levergunner

Post by pharmseller »

Sam Elliot drinks Corona beer.
Buys it at the little market by my house.

P
We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on the one hand, of overwhelming power on the other.

General George C. Marshall, 1942
CaptainFinn
Levergunner 2.0

Post by CaptainFinn »

And he's married to the beautiful Katherine Ross--anyone ever see "Tell them Willie Boy is here" with Robert Redford, Robert Blake and Mrs Ross (Elliot) Woooooee she is a purty gal!
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Post by firefuzz »

Although it's not a western, Sam Elliot's role in "We were Soldiers" with Mel Gibson is excellent.

Rob
Proud to be Christian American and not ashamed of being white.

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

firefuzz wrote:Although it's not a western, Sam Elliot's role in "We were Soldiers" with Mel Gibson is excellent.

Rob
that's my favorite Sam Elliot role.

I have most of these but not "Rough Riders".

you can also see Sam Elliot in the opening scene of "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid". Maybe that's how he met Katharine Ross?
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I also liked him in Road house with Patrick Swayze. I didn't care much for Ghost Rider with Nicholas Cage, I saw it with my son, but the scenes with Sam Elliott were good. He stole the scenes.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

piller wrote:I also liked him in Road house with Patrick Swayze. .

x2 -- plus the cameos in "The Big Lebowsky" (lots of irresponsible firearms usage in that one -- i thought i would pee my pants the first time i saw Goodman pull that 1911 in the bowling Alley ---- "You think I'm Messin around , mark it ZERO")
----- Doug
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

firefuzz wrote:Although it's not a western, Sam Elliot's role in "We were Soldiers" with Mel Gibson is excellent.

Rob
The PERFECT CSGM :!:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
lever-4-life
Levergunner 2.0

Post by lever-4-life »

Streetstar wrote:x2 -- plus the cameos in "The Big Lebowsky" (lots of irresponsible firearms usage in that one -- i thought i would pee my pants the first time i saw Goodman pull that 1911 in the bowling Alley ---- "You think I'm Messin around , mark it ZERO")
"Smokey, this isn't 'Nam there are rules at play."

That is the most funny movies ever made!
Break on through to the other side!!!